Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 03:39:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161021 times)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:31 PM »

Thanks for the email. Took the thread off that I placed with my email after your advice. I can't seem to find the Panther D in SP 1.5 yet will keep looking. Do you need The desert mod for those Africa missions? My logic says desert mod,hill 206 map, and then the desert missions.  It might take some time before I can give you feedback on them.  Thanks  John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:00:01 AM »

HI JOhn!

You can't find the Panther because it is only in the Mission Editor only at this time.They released Beta 1.5 in a hurry withotu having made missiosn for soem of the new tanks(Elefant, Marder III etc).

Open your ME and you'll see it in the list of vehiocles available.

There's a Panther mission made by Stone 2009(Russian modder) using a Kursk map.I'll send you the zip file so you can unzip it and install and play the mission.It's a toughie!

Isue the ME to make my own battles and I can assure you that there are plenty of new tanks and APCs.But not in the ready-made missions.

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

Hey what happened to all those 'JohnN' threads?  Huh?

A lot of my best advice was in those threads...

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:37:36 PM »

Jeez you' re right?Huh? I hope they did not remove his posts because of my comments about him going to be spammed because he posted his private email address??? Poor guy Sad
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:53:53 PM »

Arrgh

He should have just edited his own post to take out the email address  Tongue

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »

My most humble apologies Kyth I panicked with using my email address i'm new and didn't know i could edit. Thanks Frinik for your invaluable advice your a great guy and Lockie if hes listening.  John
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »

Frinik
 Anyway to reload some of those threads that i deleted. i kept a copy of them.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:33:29 PM »

JohnN,

Never mind, 

I thought somebody else wiped out those threads.  Smiley

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »

Roger Kyth
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »

Good to have you back John!I thought the forum admins had been overzealous. Now if you want I can email you the Panther Kursk mission from Stone 2009. I"ll email you a couple of my own as well;

Cheers Cheesy
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 05:04:17 AM »

It's certainly a good idea to try out Frinik's missions, since they don't have any failure conditions to cut off the fun  Wink

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »

Well you likelihood of surviving them being low you can say that I have the ultimate success test... Wink
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »

Like to have those missions. I'm still working on easy and trying to work out bugs I can Only Imagine what more difficult settings will be like. I'm trying to keep my Brother in law from getting frustrated its hard. He knows so much and ww11 tanks are his passion he has built every model you can imagine and tons of concept vehicles hes a retired command sargeant major. He feels the game is very biased and not very realistic and i tell him you guys are trying to help. I cant lose him. Why dont Frinik Kyth Lockie etc fix the game right once and for all. Realistic armor, no tank damage from unrealistic hits etc. I think thats what people desire above all just a fair fight and not biased.  Ill stop for now cheers.    John

P.S. I'm going to try and keep my comments on one thread.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 01:35:30 AM »

Huh?

Realism and bias... not necessarily the same thing.

For instance the gun-damage annoyance which I've encountered (occasionally), it didn't matter which tank I used, T-34, KV-1, Panzer IV, Panther etc. I got the same problem with every tank, Allied or Axis  Undecided

Not particularly realistic, but I can't say that's biased,

Obviously it has not stopped me from playing this game  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »

John tell your B-in-L it's a sim gqme thus it's bound to have an amount of unrealism (I just coined a new word Roll Eyes

Kyth I would tend to disagree with you as I have found several instances of skewing tank values in favour of Sov tanks but Hey the creators are Ukrainian and Russian and when it comes to bias and skewing historical facts in one favour nothing beats the USA and Hollywood in particular....

AS for correcting the game I am not a modder nor a programmer it's beyond my graps and knowledge.However what I can do JOhn is send you my common resolution and tech_cfg files in which I have correct some of the most glaring errors and adjusted many values; shell weight, armour thickness, shell complement for various tanks , increased range of fire for AI tanks, armour frail , explosive impact and some damage values for AP and HE shells.Just paste them on top of your existing folders and you"ll defintely have an improvement in some of the tanks offensive and defensive capacities.I also made adjustments to Sov tanks when required.

heers

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 07:04:53 AM »

John tell your brother-in-law that if he really yearns for a realistic tank sim that will satisfiy his craving for real life specs and behaviour.It's called Steel Beasts.It only features modern( contemporary) tanks such as the Leopard 2A4 and A6( with the German, Spanish and Swedish variants), Abrams M1A1, Leopard 1A5, Challenger I or II,the Ariete, the T72 and T80 and many APCs andf light armoured vehicles( German Marders and Gepard, Bradley, M113, Sorpion, BMP etc).The company that makes the sim is a California -based software company that uses a variant of the program to train NATO crews( Denmark, Netherlands, UK, Spainand the US) and Australia as well in tank warfare  and tactics.

As far as SF is concerned it's a very decent sim with a friendly ME, stable game and a good variety of maps and vehicles and active modders !
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 06:32:47 AM »

Thanks for your comments its all about getting along and having fun. I like friniks approach dont take things too serious and were all human.
 Ive got a little problem at the moment. In my cd installation some files dont seem to appear to me amd in the editor unpack open files i see the files there with a lock around them so i copied the usercamp file to desktop and was able to open it. I tried out one of those Kyth missions and coulnt get it to appear in my user missions. Copied Kyth 1 in jsme to activate and pasted line in usercamp no go ive tried a few configurations with the // and without and kyth1 and data as mod.
Again hope to hear from you guys and those files and missions i would appreciate Frinik.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »

Hi,

I see my mission(s) being mentioned, so I'll jump in here!  Wink

Not sure the exact nature of the problem, but for your reference I'll reproduce something I wrote previously on another forum:

The quickest way to install my missions is using 'JSGME' (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler), same as the installation of the Steel Panzer mod.
For example, Mission 1 is contained in the downloaded file, 'Kythmission01.rar'.

• Extract the 'Kythmission01.rar' file to the 'MODS' folder. (I use WinRAR to do this)
  • The new 'mod' should show up in the 'available mods', and can be activated:

• The 'user_camp.engcfg' file can be found here:

Just add in an extra line at the bottom:

user1()
{
Alex_01, Alex_01, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_01.level;
Alex_02, Alex_02, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_02.level;
Alex_03, Alex_03, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_03.level;
New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;
} //end of user1

• It's possible you don't have any user_camp.engcfg file! In that case, please rename my 2 backup files, 'user_camp_list.txt' and 'user_camp.txt', to 'user_camp_list.engcfg' and 'user_camp.engcfg'.

If you are comfortable with moving folders and files, the following 'tree' should give you an idea where all the files for each mission should be:

<Steel Fury main folder>\data\k42\loc_rus\
 |
 |
 |
 |------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |                       |                          |                    |
 |                       |                          |                    |
 levels\                 envs\                      images\              text\
 |                       |                          |                    Mynewmissions.text
 |                       |                          |
 LEVELS\                 M04_Bereka\                backs\
 |                       New_KY_01_lightmap.raw     Back_KY_01.tga
 |
 |
 |--------------------------------------------------
 cm_users\               scripts\                   weather\
 New_KY_01.level         |                          Weather_Kyth.engcfg
                         |
                         cm_users\
                         New_KY_01_script.engscr
                         New_KY_01_zones.engcfg
                         New_KY_01_loc_data.text

Hope this helps!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:51:56 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 08:06:02 AM »

OK John I"ll email you  a few with the tech_cfg and common resolution files to go along with.Hang on.They're datapack son all you"ll have to do is unpack them through your ME the folders just paste them into the folders I"llindicate to you.

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »

Thanks Kyth I'll try your way. I'm having a hard time seeing all my folders in windows 7. I see them in ME under unpack with little locks around them . I've got to figure out how to make them visible. It seems all my woes started when i used those decompiler tutorial files to unpack datapacks and start mission and object editor.Ihad to associate those datapack files with msdos. Theres gotta be a better way to unpack all these file extensions, why do they make it so hard its like they dont want you to mod things.

Just for the record Kyth this is a good game and the graphics are very good and the water is heavenly. When i installed SP 1.5 etc i cant hear my ambient birds whistleing. I feel that when i get all these new missions it will be even better. You guys are going to keep this game alive. What about getting everyone together and making an add-on dvd with new missions sell it for say 10 dollars and get paid for your work. I'd be your first customer. I think you guys would prosper with this incentive. 10 dollars times 1000 customers is not bad money you do the math Kyth.

Kyth I like your numbers.

Frinik will wait for that email.I dont think ill major in making missions i can give you guys some ideas. My goal would be to just change the tanks around in the existing missions and that would give me alot of variety. Lockie tried to explain in ME how to do this but it waskind of complicted maybe you could take me through the baby steps.

Frinik I think i'll appeal to Kyth to give you a promotion and salary increase.    Cheers 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: