Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:44:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161061 times)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »

Frinik

i cant use nvidia inspector tool i have ati. can you force AA with a ati card
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »

Lockie which parameter in the common res file is for reload time i looked on your list couldnt find.
There's no such parameter in my list, cause "reload time" is parameter of the gun not of shell.

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2011, 04:00:04 AM »

JohnN,

This is the parameter, number 11. Apologies for the quick Google translation, I think the meaning is clear with a bit of thought  Smiley

weapons ()
1 Title
2 Flags
3 Type
4 Length of the barrel, cal
5 Caliber, mm
6 Coefficient. recoil
7 Rollback, m
8 Time rollback with
9 Time overrun with
10 Number of charges in the cassette
11 Recharge time a projectile with
12 Time change tapes, with
13 depending on experience loader
14 Number of smoke when fired
15 The value of raising dust
16 sound of the shot
17 Sound loading
18 Audio cassette changer
19 Sound drop-down sleeves
20 Number of shots in the queue for AI
21 Textual name
22 shot pattern
24 Geometry of weapons (only for portable)
25 Marker Gun

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:13 AM »

Hi John, yes you can enable AA through the catalyst suite of your ATI card. I have the Catalyst suite and driver 11.2 which is the last release currentyl available.A new one version 11.4 should be coming out before the end of the month.

When you open the catalyst suite you have several options on your menu which on the left side.One is Gaming.You open it and you'll see a variety of options to fine tune your GPU to your gaming demands.One is an AA slider which you can enable.There's also a surface optimisation

To tell you the truth it does not make much difference in visual quality.Since you have a high end gpu you might want to use that option asyou probably have high fps to start with.For me with a mid range GPU it 's simply not worth it plus frankly it sends my fps lower.

John have you been able to solve your common res and tech_cfg problems?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2011, 12:34:53 AM »

Frinik
Tried to whittle down airstrike mission you sent me for my B in L computer. took out some russian tanks and saved in ME. Got the 001 error screen. Can you help? I thought you could just delete platoons and thats all. Too good to be true. I was going to modify all the missions you sent me too. There must be a way to do it.     Thanks John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2011, 05:01:51 AM »

John I really don't understand why you need to whittle down my missions with the kind of GPU that you have????Your gpu should give you at least 50 to 60-% more fps than mine. Huh?

If I remember correctly you have an ATI HD 5870????This is one of the top (single) cards.With it you should be able to play my battles with everything maxed out at 35 to 50 fps no sweat????What driver version do you have for your card?Huh??

As to the 001 screen did you get this right after saving the changes????You ''ll have to provide me with more details.If I understand you well you use the create mission option of the ME to go into the game.Once inside the mission you simply deleted say a couple of groups of tanks .Then you clicked on save( not reload hopefully?) and then you got the blank 001 screen????Is my understanding correct?

That being said if you need " Light" or Diet versions of my battles just tell me I'll do it for you.I thought you had a new rig with a powerful cpu and gpu?Huh??My system is much less performing than the one you posted about a while ago and I get good fps (most of the time).

In a future post I'll list 2 or 3 easy options for you to increase your fps and maintain visal quality and without sacrificing on gameplay.   I like the idea of s Frinik Lite! Do you feel that you sim is overweight, bloated, no longer attractive? Why don't you try Frinik Lite? Clinically proved to reduced a bulge in enemy lines and slim down their fighting power.Your sim used to be size T34? Now it's grown to T60?Your tank used to be a slim Panzer IV ?Now you have to deal with a Panzer VI ausf B?Your Panzer doesn't turn on anymore? Is you gaming life down to nil as a result? Well Folks it's time to switch to Frinik Lite!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »

Easy, easy there  Grin

He did mention it's for his B in L, who might have a lower-end rig,

I think the 001 error would result if you delete a unit that is specifically mentioned in a Mission Script or Trigger,
i.e. something that triggers off when the platoon reaches its objective or gets killed  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:58:43 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2011, 08:35:07 AM »

I wasn't going tough on John!

I don't think it's got to do with that Kyth because you can normally edit any mission without getting a blank screen at the end. I have done it dozens of times without any problem even some of yours I edited.... Grin

What I suspect he may have done is reload it after making changes. I did that once by mistake and got the dreaded white screen.

Ahh the B & L 's computer?Why isn't he playing the game on his own pc?Huh?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »

Yeah we could Call the 10-mission series The 10 Labours of  Herr Ky(th)les.Jokes aside , really well done Kyth your production is really amazing! Not to mention that your missions were well crafted and inventive and the titles very original ( Hellmann, Tomatovka and Lomo all in one mission what a sandwich).
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2011, 05:18:50 AM »

thanks everybody for all your hard work and expert advice. Frinik its my b in L computer i need the missions cut down for. Kyth had a good point about the effects of changing missions an ddeleting tanks. I was able to try airstrike again cut down and this time it worked . I was amazed and happy . Will start on the rest of your missions for him. Frinik Lite Missions rock. Just downloaded Kyth Mission 9 and looking forward to it.   Cheers JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »

Cool John!

But make sure you try the smoke heavy/sot-dense, noise-packed versions of my battles on your rig with the big HD5870 .... Grin

On demand I can produce tank-light versions of my stuff.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »

Good day to you sir,

We are so fortunate to have you supporting us. Thank you for your kind offer. As many of your missions that you are willing to make lite we would be extremely pleased to accept. We have enjoyed all the challenges that your missions have posed to us.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:06 AM »

Good day to you sir,

We are so fortunate to have you supporting us. Thank you for your kind offer. As many of your missions that you are willing to make lite we would be extremely pleased to accept. We have enjoyed all the challenges that your missions have posed to us.

Is that JohnN on the line? ...
No random quests? No stream-of-consciousness ramblings?
What have you done with the fellow?

Grin
Just kidding,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2011, 05:55:49 AM »

I think it's his Brother-in-law speaking through John!John would nto call me Sir but on the other hand somebody who has been in the Army(US) would probably call me Sir (All right private! Give me 100 push-ups and I'll see what I can do for you...) Grin

OK I guess I 'll have to work on slim-sluggers.Actually I have bene moving more and more in that direction; lighter stuff but with cat-and-mouse type of battles. Hunting and ambushes. Smiley
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »

Confession time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My b in l told me what to say, his very words verbatum. Ex U.S.Army command sargeant major and an expert in ww2 german tanks. I told him he should start his own thread and teach you guys a thing or to,just kidding. Between Frinik, Kyth, and Lockie you have it all figured out. The CSM chuckles when i tell him what you talk about. I have three copies of Steel Fury and gave 1 to his staff sargeant a mortor man. I should get paid for spreading the good news. Will have to start helping him now. Starting to ramble now got to be careful , starting to leave my signature on this thread.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CSM played Kyth 9 and eradicated the threat the first time all of them with 3 losses. Its getting too easy for him. ! was holding him back driving for him now hes the gunner and kicks butt.

Does anyone have any hard missioins hes getting too cocky, could easily turn out to be the ultimate virtual tank commander. Whos ready for a challenge?  lets find the hardest Steel Fury Mission and see whos top gun by your stats.               Yours truly,  JohnN
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:14 AM »

The CSM played Kyth 9 and eradicated the threat the first time all of them with 3 losses. Its getting too easy for him. ! was holding him back driving for him now hes the gunner and kicks butt.

Does anyone have any hard missioins hes getting too cocky, could easily turn out to be the ultimate virtual tank commander. Whos ready for a challenge?  lets find the hardest Steel Fury Mission and see whos top gun by your stats.               Yours truly,  JohnN

That's a little worrying. Could those missions be getting too easy??  Wink

Might I suggest playing at difficulty level 10,
Missions 3, 5 and 8 have gotten the most "complaints", so I guess they're pretty challenging,  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2011, 06:05:59 AM »

John I assume the CSM is your brother-in-law?

To increase the difficulty of a mission you go into the difficulty settings in the game main menu.Move the balance of forces slider all the way up and move the enemy experience slider all the way up too.In the ME the player can also move the experience sliders for all units to the max( whixch I always do).

What kind of pc does your CSM have(Huh?).What does it stand for? Company Sergeant Major?What kind of tank does he like to drive/play?

I have a few battles which are so tough at max setting that I have never been able to win them no matter how many times and what tactics I used.The question is can his pc take them?Huh?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »

In response to your posting Kyth the Command Sergeant Major is playing at level 10.
In response to your posting we will start moving the sliders in the game to max and then check the ME later. As for that hard mission that you cant defeat we would love to have it right away but will it work on CSM machine or would i need to use mine or can you do a Frinik Lite Version.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2011, 02:43:23 AM »

The Hard mission I already mailed toyou it's called Reddawn and oyu pilot a KV1 storming  aheavily defending German-held village. It works on my laptop which has lower specs than you CSM's. I get 15 fps or more. TRy also Gauntlet2.Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2011, 04:23:53 AM »

Sorry Frinik I havent received the mail from you yet.   John
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: