Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 02:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161113 times)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »

Frinik
Can you explain these new mods
I have Unofficial patch
           Gunsight fix
           SP 1.5
           SP 1.5 Beta Fix
           SP 1.5 NTA 1.3
           SP 1.5 NTA 1.4
           SP 1.5 English patch
These are the most important imho
After all these are entered from a fresh copy then i want to add your common resource file for smoke and exhaust then your sounds. i will do them manually. I dont know if i should then add your tech file corrections that i got from you a long time ago?
Of course i will add Friniks Kyths and Rends hassle free missions.

Rends
You are a man of few words, a penny for your thoughts.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »

I forgot the deformation files for turret entries a lot to think about.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2011, 04:40:56 AM »

John you shouldn't have NTA 1.3 and NTA 1.4 enabled together.They are not entirely compatible.I suggest you do 2 separate installations.One with NTA 1.3 enabled as you get to keep the T-44 that disappeared with NTA 1.4 and then another one with NTA 1.4 as Mistwalker did some improvements to some models etc.Now for the smoke effects to be present you just need either NTA 1.3 or 1.4 enabled because otherwise with both enabled they will overwrite whatever changes you made to the common res folder in your game main data folder .Try disenabling nTA 1.4 and test your game with NTA 1.3 , the effect should come back .Otherwise you may have to reinstall them manually.I can send you a text file which ciontains all the current tweaks so you cna easily use it to paste into your game or as a reference to know what values to change.

Let me know!

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2011, 01:01:34 AM »

Frinik
I was led to beleive that the NTA 1.4 was a fix for NTA 1.3 since it says fix in its title, i didnt know they were each individual mods and exist on their own. Which one is the best and for what reason? Are you saying that your common res file and sounds will work for both mods? Why was this so confusing, it seems like you have to fight tooth and nail to keep up with the  upgrades. Its good that its constantling changing and people are working on this game. I wonder what to expect in the future. I thought someone mentioned the possibility of SF 1.6. Whats the possibility of the western front someday? Cheers for now
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2011, 02:23:48 AM »

Well NTA 1.4 is a fix in the sense that Mistwalker fixed the uniforrms and other improvements over NTA 1.3.Just check the read me for NTA 1.4 and it explains what has changed.As for me I like to keep different versions of various mods whether Beta 1.5, the unofficila version that came out lats year briefly, NTA 1.3 and NTA 1.4 I keep separate in separate installations each on the own with Beta 1.5 enabled.The sopunds and tweaks I have chnaged are to files that are common to all mods in the commopn resolution folder and in the sounds folder.basically they can work with any mod.However if you have thme installed say on NTA1.3 and then enable a new mod on top NTA 1.4 they may be overwritten.Make a separate installtion for NTA 1.4( i.e a simple way is to make a copy of your main game then once installed disenable NTA 1.3 and just keep NTA 1.4 as your main mod while your original game may have NTA 1.3 as the last mod enabled with NTA 1.4 disenabled.I will email you copies of the latest sound mod with changes to the KV, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, Churchill and Tiger I tracks and engine soundsand a copy of the tweaks.

Hang on!

JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »

Thanks for the response Frinik
It seems things are quite at the moment
maybe Kyth can elaborate on the cs main block, like what variables do what and techniques for programming this section.
After all the effort i put into steel beasts i deleted it from my hardrive. Its not as good on graphics as Steel Fury its more like a simulation. I have the dvd and dongle i might want to sell. I also have arma2 combined operations and i havent even loaded and i might want to sell it too. Im not into all this violence and Steel Fury is good because i can emphasize creating missions which is challenging because others can benefit and have fun. Cheers John
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #326 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »

Frinik
The Panther is the best German Tank. Can you inform me as to all the available changes and tweaks and skins available please. Kyths skin will be.Thanks JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #327 on: December 24, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »

Hi John!Sorry I was away for a week just back today.I entirely agree with you the Pantrher was the best German tank. Not sure what you mean by tweakas and changes available?Do you mean mods or my own tweaks?

I know Mistwalker and others are working on releasing the Panther A and G with new skins fairly soon I would say!

Cheers!
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2012, 11:32:31 PM »

Frinik
Do you remember how to introduce the desert skins into the game without having to activate and deactivate all the time?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2012, 02:14:37 AM »

Hi John, The Desert skins come when you enable the desert mod.As far as I know they are not independent.They are in the texture folders I ssuppose.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:16:18 AM by frinik » Logged
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »

i have 3 mods
1. desert skins
2. desert missions
3. desert maps
They all have to be enabled in jsmge mod enabler. Its a hassle to disable the desert skins when you finish playing the desert missions or all your missions will have desert skins. i thought you found out a way to get around this problem?
Thanks
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #331 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:27 AM »

i have 3 mods
1. desert skins
2. desert missions
3. desert maps
They all have to be enabled in jsmge mod enabler. Its a hassle to disable the desert skins when you finish playing the desert missions or all your missions will have desert skins. i thought you found out a way to get around this problem?
Thanks

Nope, there isn't any other way, this is as good as it gets  Smiley

Unless you want to have a separate installation for desert missions.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2012, 02:26:05 AM »

I haven't found a way.Do you have NTa1.3 or 1.4 enabled when you play the desert missions?You don't need them.Just Beta 1.5 is enough.Because oif you disenable them before enabling the desert stuff then their textures won't be affected by the desert skins.Once you disenable the desert mods you re-enable either NTA 1.3 or 1.4 and you should have your normla skins.Just a suggestion.

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #333 on: January 09, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »

Just bought core i7 2600K and hoping to buy ati Radeon HD 7970 3gig card to launch today. I havent been able to get antialiasing with ati cards because when i apply, the game starts to bloom with a white light that starts in the corner and covers the whole screen. I read about the nvidai inspector tool and was very interested. Do you use antialiasing with 11.2 Frinik?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #334 on: January 09, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »

Just signed up for the patch to support Steel Fury. The support is great for everybody.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #335 on: January 09, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

Hi John no I don't because the game does not really supports it.I read it's possible to do so but it takes too much on the fps so I can live without it.I can't rember where I read a post in which a guy said he implemented it with an ATI card.I know you can download ATI Tray Tools to fine tune a card and adapt a game to your card.It's free and you can  google it on the internet.You've a good card John.My HD5670 can't measure and it gives me good fps but with AA no way.It's strange because I  can play Battlefiled 3 a very demanding game graphically with 8AA and everything Ultra?Huh?

Ah I found the post it's by a guy named Xambrium on SIMHQ forum he did that way

"In SF42 i got AA on my ATI by using Morphologic Filtering."

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3487371/Forcing_AA_in_Steel_Fury_WOW.html#Post3487371

Panzerfaust is member of that forum may be you can PM him and ask how Xambrium did it.I am not a member of that forum.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:59:28 PM by frinik » Logged
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »

Thanks Frinik, just downloaded ati tray tools and will play with morphological setting in CCC. I will play with nvidia card and inspector to see if AA will work in steel fury. Increasing resolution doesnt seem to help this game.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »

Absolutely John.I have tried AA wirth my Nvidia GTX560M but it takes too much on the fps and the gain in pic quality did not seem sufficient enough for me.But you have better gpus so go ahead and try!
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »

Hello, Frinik. As far as I remember you've modded game effects earlier. So I have a question about that. Do you know what the numbers for the effects in common_res - parts_desc() mean?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »

Hi mistwalker! I foudn out roughly what thye mus mean fater testing them one at a time to see what they changed.I have the meanings written on a notepad file.I will have to look it up and post it for you.

Thanks for using the word modding but it sounds too much for what I did.I simply tweaked them!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  

Jump to: