Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161027 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2011, 04:55:23 AM »

What do you mean John?I emailed you 20 combat missions at least 2 weeks ago?I used the email address you provided and did not receive any delivery failure notice?Huh? Huh?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »

Frinik

I received 19 battles in February ones like airstrike etc since then i havent received anymore. I apologise if you have sent me 20 more and i didnt receive them. Beleive me i was waiting with anticipation for any other ones.      Cheers  John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:04 AM »

No John my mistake.I through I had emailed you Reddawn I will redress this  terrible mistake or face transfer to the West front with one of Kyth's Panzer IIIs( I tremble in fear thinking about the Jabos straffing you and having to outrun Churchills IVs....)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »

Frinik
Just wondering if you sent those missions yet?
Is there any way to get your stats without aborting the mission and getting that awful mission failed message. It would be nice to press a key in the game to get your stats and then carry on.
Do you know how to control and maneuver your tank when you are in the map mode? The tank keeps moving but you cant turn it or stop etc. If you could it would be great as you could linger in the map for a while and carry on  with your plan. Maybe Kyth could help to program it!!!
Anyhow what about these medals praise and reprimands. How do you know what there for , good idea but frustrating and vague.
 Thanks as always,   John
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »

Kyth
anymore Panzer 111 missions?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2011, 04:48:53 PM »

Can anyone provide me with color scheme Panzer gray for the Tiger 1. The sargeant major was saying they started with it went to yellow then back to gray at the end of the war. Kyth can do it I bet !!!!!!!!!!!
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »

Frinik
Sorry about this flurry of fire but can you get me the panther G in SP 1.5.    Cheers JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

HI John No I am afraid I have been extremely busy the last 2 to 3 weeks between work and home .OK I promised I will send you more tomorrow.How have the 19 I sent you been?Have your and your B-in-L enjoyed them?Tough enough for him or he wants more challenging? Of course you must set the sliders all the way to 10 forf orce balance and the enemy experience to max 4 to have them the thoughest possible!

Re your questions, no unfortunately the game is designed so that there are success or failure triggers or parameters which determine the access to the stats. Either you get destroyed and fail or you succeed then you can continue and then you can access your stats. I'll have to insert sucess of failure triggers in my combat missions which so far I have failed to do for personal reasons and to save time.

RE moving or sttering your tank while checking the map.You are supposed to look carefully at the map ahead of the mission before starting it and then during the mission only briefly consult it to get your bearings and the enemy and your own units positions.Thus steering the tank for such a brief period should not be a problem.If you eel you need to consult the map for a longer period then take cover and just stop your tank to avoid being shot or driving into a ditch or river.Otherwis you just put yoru self in the third person and just let the AI drive the tank .  The rewards and reprimands feature is a mystery to me as well.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »

Unfortunately John no I can't because the Panther ausf G was made as a stands alone model and is not compatible with the TIger, JS and some other models.I tried inserting it into the ME of 1.5 without success!Another problem is that this model is no longer available for a long time since it belongs to Red Orchestra the fps MP game and was inserted without permission into SF.However fear not the modders are going to make a new one and release it with the Alpha release of 1.5. I have this from first hand sources. I can't say more....

Re the colour issue of the Tiger, I am not sure I understand what your B-in-L wants exactly? Unless of course he means that you have the Panzer VI enhancement pack mod installed which gives the Tiger a green and yellow camo? If it' s the case and you want to revert to the original striped grey-black scheme ( which personally does not turn me on) all you need to do is disenable that mod in the JSGME and the Tiger will revert to its original colour.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:15:11 PM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »

Kyth
anymore Panzer 111 missions?

I'm compiling those 10 missions into a sequential campaign (Wehrmacht 5). Coming soon!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »

Yippee! Let's call it Unternehmen Kythadelle Grin
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2011, 05:38:09 AM »

As always your response and information were greatly appreciated. In response to your questions about your missions we have found them to be both challenging and enjoyable. We cant wait to see what your next missions are going to be like. once again thank you for responding to our questions.
This is my B in L speaking.           Cheers John

BTW we play as the gunner and like to do all the shooting and like your style of tank battles.
Our favorite Kyth mission is Welcome to the front and it looks cool in the winter mod.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »

Well more coming your way and some tough ones too!!!!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »

John a couple of questions: did you install the 10 new maps I sent you?Do you have Rend Prorokvoska's mod?The Desert mod and map? Because  a lot of the stuff I want to send you is made on those maps.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »

Thank you yes i have all the maps you sent that makes over 30 now. I had some problems installed 2 versions like you do so the ME is for the latest one and had to use the bat files you sent to differentiate between the 2 installs C an D on the same drive. cheers JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »

Done John 26 more with various vehicles sent!Check your email and good hunting!

Schuss! Treffer! Feindliche Panzer abgeschossen! Cheesy
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »

Frinik
Just received your missions in my email , many thanks for your effort and b in l will be ecstatic.
Any news about the SP 1.5 Alpha or is it classified intel and how about the western Front campaign.
What do you see as the future of Steel Fury and its growth potential?
waiting for the new graviteam tank sim and will it make Steel Fury obselete?
Again great stuff and cheers for now.   JohnN
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

I am interested in knowing out of all the missions out there which one is the best of all and for what reason?Kyth , Frinik, and Lockie can be the judge and i'll get my b in l to put his 2 cents worth in. Please be fair and impartial if at all possible.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »

Hi John! So many questions!

1) the future of Steel Fury I believe is to become and remain a classic of WW2 sims like Panzer Elite was and still is but with Sf having better graphics.Why isn't SF more popular?Partly because Graviteam chose not include Multi player and I think it was a marketing mistake as far as the Western market( their bread and butter) is concerned.That being said Russian modders and dedicated mission creators like Kyth have given that game a second breath of life.I will not omit Lockie, Rends ,Lajcak and others who brought their precious contribution as well!SF has lots to offer and despite new sims with better graphicss and effects coming on in the future it will still keep a loyal following.It,s my opinion and not cast in stone of course.

2) Western Campaign; I don' t see one because Russian and Eastern European modders are not interested in what happened on the Western front and unfortunately Western modders have chosen to dedicate their talent to other sims or games.Like the Desert mod which started well and ended being abandoned by NSU to pursue other interests.TvsT seems to attract more attention from European or American modders.

3) SP 1.5 Alpha my own guestimate would be by late June or mid summer.

4) Graviteam's new sim will be set in the 60s and 70s and with post WWII tanks.Unlikely to compete with SF.As well I don't think the Iran-Irar war of the 80s or Afghanistan or Angola will resonate or suscitate a lot of passion in the West.However that sim may give Steel Beasts a bit of competition.I am interested in it but only insofar as it will be modded with more armour and a friendly Misison Editor otherwise the conflicts themselves do not turn me on.I plan on buying it.I think Blaze of War with it's sophistication may help Steel Fury"s successor to be a tremendous WWII sim with lots of improvement in all areas.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:26:19 PM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

2) Western Campaign; I don' t see one because Russian and Eastern European modders are not interested in what happened on the Western front
Actually, it's a bit exaggerated. There're some buildings such as a church and western building style, but it's a hard ones to put them in the game and give them a life vs adjustable config. I'll try, but unfortunately it's a very complicated. Anyway, I'm sure we shall see those additions.

ps
And, pls, take er attention - I'm not a russian, I'm ukrainian!
Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:10:39 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: