Graviteam
April 23, 2024, 08:18:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161152 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »

I know Lockie which is why I added the word Eastern Europeans to include Ukrainians and Belarussians as the case may be! Wink

I lived in Poland so I know how Ukrainians are very sensitive about not to mistaken for Russians or Poles. Anyway, Graviteam is a Ukrainian company or at least Ukrainian based....

Ok you are building a church or some buildings but the sparse efforts invested in the enterprise show clearly that their primary focus is on the East front.And I don't blame thme because frankly the West front, Italian front and Desert campaigns were just side shows after 1941 compared to the gigantic battles that took place from 1941 till war end. Anyway it would be nice but it's up to compnies in the West to come up with things better than Panzer Elite Action, World of Tank so people can have West front battles and campaigns.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »

My B in l is really enjoying your missions thanks so much. We have to whittle down some and others we can play without any whitling down. For some reason The donner mission is now giving us the white 001 screen and i wonder if you can help my b in l was looking forward to playing it. Ive noticed that about this game some missions work for awhile and then all of a sudden choose not to work and you havent changed anything even happened after a new install.  Cheers for now JohnN

I might be able to introduce the B in L to this thread soon. Would you like that? you 2 would probably be friends for life.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »

Hi John it may be because I made some on my wonderful Toshiba Satellite( Toshiba makes great laptops, good quality and flawless unless junk makers like Dear Acer) which has good specs but obviosuly not strong enough for my ambitions.So the misisons would play and then crash near the end. Even reworked and reported on my pc( junk proudly made by Acer) which has mucxh stronger specs the little bug still persists.Tell your B-in-L that he is welcome to this forum and his military background and expertise will be greatly appreciated on a tankk sim forum.Tell him too I have got some toughies on thier way to you and him in a couple of days.

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »

My B in L has been diligently going through your missions and has found another 3 or 4 that error 1 out. We both greive over this and would like to somehoe recover them. Shall we abort or would you like to know the names of the missions so you can redo them? I'm learning to create new misions myself and you might be able to give me some pointers, basic that is. Probably only use dummy scripts not like Kyth and Lockie take too long and complictaed i think creating basic missions will do. When you describe a contour why do you get all those numbers is that equivalent to the number of tanks you can assign or this there no correlation?   cheers for now

P.S. That SP Alpha is being produced by graviteam? I assume SP 1.5 Alpha to satisfy for awhile then graviteam Steel Fury 2. What additions will they make , new tanks buildings etc.? Do you know any profesional modders?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »

Ok John just tell me which missions crash and I will either redo them  or see what's wrong with them.I ll be emailing you a couple more that you might find interesting.

Whne you trace a contour on the map depending on the size of what you draw the ME automatically assigns numbers on the map grid.I don't do anything in that regard.As for the number of tanks that you assign to a particular area is up to you .Naturally depending on the size of the area you assign to a particular group of tanks/vehicles/guns or infantry you have to avoid over crwoding as the AI will then bump into each other or try to mount on top of other tanks resulting in mayhem and lots of overturned tanks etc....

I am ttrying to get basic mission tutorials that Friedrich Wilhelm had created for  me obever a year ago.Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that they were lost when my external hard disc just fried 6 months ago after a power surge.I emailed him to see if he can send it again.It'a very useful with step-by-step explanations and drawings easier to use thna FabianFred,s video one.It's in pdf format easy to read with Adobe Acrobat.

Please give me the names off the deffective good.They're still under warranty Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »

I am ttrying to get basic mission tutorials that Friedrich Wilhelm had created for  me obever a year ago.Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that they were lost when my external hard disc just fried 6 months ago after a power surge.I emailed him to see if he can send it again.It'a very useful with step-by-step explanations and drawings easier to use thna FabianFred,s video one.It's in pdf format easy to read with Adobe Acrobat.

If you can get them, I'd be interested to have a copy, too,

Thanks,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »

With pleasure!.Actually what I'll do is email them to you so you can upload them on your file-sharing page.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2011, 01:09:45 AM »

Ok Frinik here are the missions that give problems

1. Donner-001 screen
2. Panthekritoye-just Germans no Russians
3. Bagration-001 screen
4. Blut & Boden-001 screen
5. Mayakitry-001 screen

Looking forward to the mission instuctions and new missions. Talked to my b in l (THE STURMSCHARFUHRER) he doesnt like computers but is willing to share comments and opinions. Btw his ancestor was the Lieutenant Colonel in the British Army who headed the committee which developed the worlds first tank "little Willie" and he is an avid model builder of WW11 German fighting vehicles with over 260 built.       Bye for now JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2011, 02:31:23 AM »

OK Pwill look at the missions and see what's wrong.Will redo them , rework them whatever needs to be done  and will send them again.

Does your B-in-L have any computer modelling skills?

SO he 's got tank in his blood one can say...

Bagration was made on Rends Prorokovska's map.Do you have it installed on your pc?Do you have Rends ' missions installed?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:33:05 AM by frinik » Logged
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »

Got Rends01 Kursk map, Rends1 user mission, and July43 Prokorovka Soviet and German campaigns.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2011, 12:16:11 AM »

Tried creating a mission with Igor poly and Best poly map and i got the dreaded 001 white screen. This could be a problem if the map files are faulty. That might help you figure this out. My b in l builds 1 / 35 scale model kits and is not able to work on computer models.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2011, 02:31:53 AM »

No John the map files are not faulty they just need to be generated .The maps I sent you are the same maps that I took straight out of my Mission Editor and the maps work fine for me.I guess I ll have to explain how to generate them but right now I don't have the time.  Just hang on unless Kyth wants to setp in in the meantime?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »

John to make sure your maps work follow the steps which I posted back in March about how I was able to make the new maps work for me in my ME .Hereès below the steps required:

Alleluiah! I figured it out.It took me 10 minutes during my lunch break( I live in India which explains the odd hours I post and have lunch...).

I just pasted the list so gently offered by Kyth in his post into my reg_poly user folder. Didn't work.I suspected I was missing something to make those damned maps appear.Then I had a stroke of genius.John  listen to my explnation in order to get those new pamps.

1) copy the list of new maps into your levels/user/ user reg_poly folder as suggested by Kyth in his post.

2)open your map_editor( not the map_editor_gen)

3) click on create then a small window will appear with a prompt to enter the name of the map.Write w10_perekovska and click apply

4) the new map will appear at the bottom of the list of maps listed in your ME.

5) to make sure it works click on the create new mission option.Click on the new map and create a mission.Call it what you will( I called mine mission) and click on editor(lower right side of your create new mission window).

6) you'll
see a list of missions in your ME click on the one you just created( Hem I am assuming you are familiar with the Mission Editor???) and bingo the map will appear!

7) I just created a nominal mission.Put a Panther tank into it, saved and loaded it and I went on a driving tour of the new map for 5 minutes.

After work I will do the same with the other 9 polypacked maps.

John if you are not familiar with the ME here's your chance to start.Kyth, thanks a lot Man because you helped me figure it out! 

JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »

I generated the maps and igor poly, best poly, and test shoot are the same map with the lake. It looks like a good map though. Id like to get all the maps i can ive got 18 stock 10 added stock 2 desert and your 5 that makes lets see 35. Have you got any more? Thanks anyway i only had to generate 3 maps i guess the rest were already generated. on the maps there are lines around the perimeter i think 3 sets ill try to figure out what they mean.        Thanks again,dont work too hard Frinik.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »

with these misions with no triggers to get the stats you have to abort the mission and see mission failed sign which is not good theres got to be a better way like a trigger when you take out all the tnaks then you get mission complete you or Kyth could maybe make that trigger.  JohnN
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2011, 01:26:41 AM »

I'm quite sure that Frinik could make that victory trigger  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2011, 02:32:41 AM »

Yes I actually can but I hate  >:(it

You have to click on the triggers option in the ME John and copy the on you chose to include it into the text file of your mission.Don't know if the trigger will work without it haven't tried.

Map-wise I have Stone 2009's  Cherkasskoe and Shahovo's maps, I have Deviator's Minsk and Xream's Best and Alex_à( poly( the map used for some of the Beta 1.5 's T34/85 Weapon of Victory campaign (the Sobolevskyii area) for a grand total of 37 maps.I'll mail you those you don't have.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:46:46 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »

with these misions with no triggers to get the stats you have to abort the mission and see mission failed sign which is not good theres got to be a better way like a trigger when you take out all the tnaks then you get mission complete you or Kyth could maybe make that trigger.  JohnN

Not to intrude here, but if you want my suggestions you merely have to ask  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2011, 04:31:39 AM »

John! Kyth's right!He is a straight-up, helpful and knowledgeable guy, much better with the mechanism of the game that I am.All you have to do is ask him. Wink

BTW what does your B-in-L likes or loves in a SF mission?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:40 PM »

Frinik
My B in l ( the Sturmscharfuhrer) says that he likes blowing things up full stop. He spent days working on your missions if that means anything to you. Im going to make some missions maybe i can send you one. ill go now and ask Kyth a question.
Kyth
When i create missions i use the dummy script for movement to contour closed but only afew tanks move. Do you know a better simple dummy script to get the tanks to move?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: