Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:37:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161044 times)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2011, 02:15:06 AM »

Frinik
Not alot of people know about generating maps i wonder if you have a list of all the maps that need generated? I fell into the trap of using the polypack file instead of the poly file. Might eventually try to make a mission with the solokova map. i didnt have to generate the stock 18 maps or the extra 10 lost ones.    cheers for now
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2011, 02:21:47 AM »

Hi John NTA being a Russian(Ukrainian) mod all is in Russian) What you can do to get it back into English is open your data/k42/loc_rus/cd .Open the cd folder if you see a line after tex_pack9 simply erase it and close the file.Also make sure you have the english language patch enabled last in your  JSGME.Re the aircrafts check in the list under aircraft in your ME they should be there.Create a trial mission and  click on list of aircrfats you ll find them.Unless your installation was not done correctly.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2011, 02:26:31 AM »

If i understand correctly when you create a mission it generates the necessary file structure that Kyth showed us ( id like that link again if possible) and then in the mission editor you can pack that mission into a datapack file which is the ultimate format imho. Thus every mission builder can make datapck missions readily available to the community easily and would make Rends missions easier to enjoy and save the poor guy any grey hairs and anymore headaches.    Thanks
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2011, 02:44:46 AM »

That's correct John.When you create a user-made mission a datapack file is automativcally generated in yoUR me.You can then  export( pack) it for safe keeping or sending to others who simply unpack it into their ME as I explained to you in order to play it.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2011, 01:04:54 AM »

Thanks Frinik

i deleted  the tex loc file after tex 9 and it didnt help the english translation but when i put the SP 1.5 english patch at the end of the mod list it worked great. I then noticed that on my computer with a fresh installation and minimal mods all the aircraft showed up so i got a big surprise. I then went to my b in l computer to duplicate the same set up and it didnt work so it might take a fresh install. I dont know what is preventing it from working very strange. Anyway ive got one working with the new tank add on. If im not mistaken all new missions made from now on will require this addon to work, is that correct?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2011, 12:03:09 PM »

Thanks Frinik

i deleted  the tex loc file after tex 9 and it didnt help the english translation but when i put the SP 1.5 english patch at the end of the mod list it worked great. I then noticed that on my computer with a fresh installation and minimal mods all the aircraft showed up so i got a big surprise. I then went to my b in l computer to duplicate the same set up and it didnt work so it might take a fresh install. I dont know what is preventing it from working very strange. Anyway ive got one working with the new tank add on. If im not mistaken all new missions made from now on will require this addon to work, is that correct?

Uh John they showed up where?Huh?? In the ME Huh?? What set up were you trying to duplicate?Huh?

If you want to duplicate a game without modification just copy the entire folder contents and paste them into an external hard drive and just paste it into the laptop or pc of your choosing.It takes , depending on the size of your installation and the speed of your pc, anywhere from 40 minutes to one hour.Just f don't paste a copy of one of your installtions in the C: drive as this could create issues especially if you already have your game installed in that drive.What I do is create various partitions  D, E, F whatever and then paste a copy of my installtion in that particular drive.I have done it at leats 50 times in the last 3 years without any problem.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2011, 03:26:45 AM »

Attn Frinik,

Get your access problems sorted out soon!

I'm sure it's all a mistake, because we're not done with you yet. So come back and take your lumps like you're supposed to,   Grin

To everyone else, you could post your sympathetic comments here too  Cheesy

Or you could try an internet cafe connection. Somewhere in the vastness of India, I bet there're one or two,  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:34:21 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2011, 02:56:25 AM »

Frinik
 On my computer i got the lancasters and all the other planes to work and pasted them into 1 mission and then went around to look at them.Theyre pretty cool actually. I wonder if anyone will use the aircraft in a mission because most wont fly. I wonder if there were lancasters in the eastern front? My dad was actually a tail gunner on the lancasters and was stationed in Cairo Egypt with Monty. I was born in Scotland.
The forum seems quiet at the moment. I wonder what Kyth is planning?     Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2011, 03:23:48 AM »

I wonder if there were lancasters in the eastern front?

There almost certainly were Not.  Sad Those planes don't actually work in the game and aren't much good for anything.
They were included, I think, in an act of folly.

Kyth is now planning some fun with pop-guns  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »

Hi Guys I am back after being banned( technical error) from the forum for a couple of weeks caught in the anti spam net Roll Eyes

I agree with Kyth those airplanes don't belong into the game.No Lancasters and Mosquitos were not used by the Soviets.Having a BF 109G instead of a Stuka OK may be a Heinkel .Yes thye do work I have used them trying to shoot them down with a Luchs without success.Some were playable with an earlier NTA release. I actually tested them as player but all you could do was just fly in circle and machine gun whatever you could see.

I 'd rather keep only the new destructible Stuka and IL-2 and do away with the others.The n bombers don't bomb so what's the oint of having them.Some wanted them for a ground mission involving destroying aircrafts on the groiund.Well having just 2 destructible models in the ME  would be enough.

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2011, 04:55:23 AM »

Frinik and Kyth
I thought that this new tank add on was endorsed by you guys and Graviteam and now i dont think i want to use it because i feel the game should be authentic. This being the case who developed this new add on and why were all these things added?      Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2011, 05:11:02 AM »

Frinik and Kyth
I thought that this new tank add on was endorsed by you guys and Graviteam and now i dont think i want to use it because i feel the game should be authentic. This being the case who developed this new add on and why were all these things added?      Cheers

It's pretty obvious I was overruled on this one  Tongue By the way, Graviteam isn't involved in this, as far as I know,

It's okay to use the add-on, you can ignore those planes Smiley Just that we'd rather lighten the load for any future compilations or updates, they're redundant and take up a lot of space.

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2011, 02:35:58 AM »

Frinik or Kyth

Can someone please give me a list of all the tanks and variants that were used on the eastern front so i know what is realistic and i can keep this game authentic. Please include aircraft and armored vehicles.      Thanks  JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2011, 04:27:45 AM »

Uhhhh John I suggest you google or do a little research because you are talking literally about hundreds of models and variants. Unfortunatelty I happen to have a short lifespan as a human being and I definitely suggest buying one of the armoured warfare encyclopedia where you'll find all the info that you need Roll Eyes
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2011, 06:43:34 AM »

Frinik or Kyth

Can someone please give me a list of all the tanks and variants that were used on the eastern front so i know what is realistic and i can keep this game authentic. Please include aircraft and armored vehicles.      Thanks  JohnN

I think its easier to say what was not on the eastern front Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2011, 01:18:15 AM »

Frinik
Been working with steel beasts for awhile and its kept me busy. I want to keep my brother in law happy and was wondering if there was any more missions i can download for him. how have you been anyway?       Thanks JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2011, 05:47:18 AM »

I have been very busy.Yes I have some new stuff but you'll have to generate new maps.I also tweaked the game to make the smoking and burning tanks and buildings more realistic and the HE shells explsoions and effects.As well I have a new sound mod with new improved sounds for the guns and distinct sounds for both Kwk36/42/43. etc.

Remind me of your email please.

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me, wed love to have your new missions and mods. Ill send you my email address again, i still have yours so ill send you an email with mine. Thanks JohnN
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »

havent posted for awhile
Going to learn how to script might take awhile
I need to learn to set triggers in the game so that you get mission success instead of mission failure
This is the weakest area in the game imho.  Cheers John
btw going to try out your tweaks , are they only for the nta 1.3 or can you just use sp1.5beta?
Any news of upgrades or Sp 1.5 yet? Will graviteam come out with Steel Fury sequel?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:46 PM »

Frinik
Just adjusted the common res file with your tweaks and the effects are great will do more tests.
Was a little bit confused as your numbers didnt match up so i just copied exactly what you posted and it seems to work.
Where can i find your new sound mod and have you been able to blow the turrets off yet?
Cheers JohnN
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: