Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:20:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161042 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2011, 04:17:41 AM »

Okay, point taken Smiley

Don't get side-tracked, your contributions to Steel Fury are still welcome (and less prone to obsolescence)

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2011, 04:29:35 PM »

News update!!!
I'm working on a mission in honor of Frinik and Kyth should be ready soon. Very basic Panther mission.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »

Very basic Panther mission.
Panther mission - sounds attractive!

ps
be prepared to see a mission vs a jagdtiger Wink

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »

THANK YOU JOHN! touched by the thought Smiley

Ah ah the Big Beast is also about to make it's debut!!!!Looking forward to both!

JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?ya22ekqq9r1s9

Here is the link i dont know how to make it active.

Comments:
1. Musical fragments are not very loud in the game. i wanted to use more through the game with a timing sequence but i couldnt hear them.
2. Victory triggers are hard to trip.
3. i wanted radio messages tried to implement but got tired of trying maybe some other time.

If this link doesnt work for people then i could always send you the files in an email Frinik.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2011, 11:08:32 PM »

Just tried the link it actually worked i wanted to make the folder available for download can work on that i have a free account i think i still might be able to though. Sorry youll have to download the files individually for now.   Cheers  JohnN
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2011, 11:10:58 PM »

Please make sure you download all 4 files please. You might have to generate the map though i dont really know. Kyth can help.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »

Sorry Kyth forgot to use your numbers, thought they only worked for the p111 missions but then thought that they will work on any mission. Feel free to edit and repost for the tankers.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2011, 06:40:59 AM »

Hi John downloaded and played your mission.Very good first try!Loved it Grin Very clever to put that Sov Trophy Tiger.Killed me and my 2 wingmen in 4 shots!!!!Frankly I am impressed you have put together a very good first mission!Guys try it and welcome John to the ranks of SF artists!

Cheers

PS:Now I know what to expect I will be using cstealth and oncealed tactics to get rid of that Tiger 8)

Ok John further to playing your missuion 2 observations:

1) about 5 minutes into the mission it crashes on me.May be because you placed the German Panthers otusdie the map area???I modified the placement and put the Panthers smack into the mpa.Otherwise out of the outer brown-yellowish line you may get mission failed or it may be the cause of the mission crashing.

2) 3 Panthers against about a dozen heavy calibre Sov artillery guns and an equal number of tanks seems a n bit lopsided to me.It's true I always play at balance 10 thus the imbalance.But I think adding a couple of Stugs or Marder s or Panzer Ivs would help make it less one-sided?

Otherwise good placement of your guns and tanks.That what I did( I added Stugs and Marders)0 and I am to see if placing the Panthers on the map will solve my crash issues..

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:07:44 AM by frinik » Logged
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #289 on: November 07, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »

Frinik

Placed the panthers on the edge to force you into the mission area or you get failed.
I was concerned about lopsided too. My b in l played for beta test and kicked butt but on 5. I put in the shelling area to fix him up going east disobeying orders. He might get a surprise if i put him on 10. He hasnt played with the shelling trap yet he he. See what happens. Hes getting very good at this game and im getting worried.His game is crahing too periodically might have to reinstall a fresh copy on C: drive (hint hint no offence).  Roll Eyes
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2011, 02:27:11 AM »

John I placed the Panther closer to the map area and no more crashes.PLaying at balance 10 I need to add some help 3 Jgadpanthers did the tricks.Had to modify slightly the script .Otherwise the numbers are just overwhelming and you get ambushed every five minutes(Hehehe Grin).Good one.Hope others share in the fun! Well done.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2011, 02:45:03 AM »

By the way, whats up with the captured Tigers? They're supposed to be imaginary,  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2011, 06:37:27 PM »

Sorry sir, didnt realize. More on global triggers later. Roll Eyes
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »

Frinik
Darn those small maps!!! I guess have to keep user in green grid area to start.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »

Frinik
Can you visit me when I'm banished to Siberia? Grin
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »

By the way, whats up with the captured Tigers? They're supposed to be imaginary,  Grin

Felines of unusual size and gun caliber? I don't think they exist....

Wink

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2011, 02:17:01 AM »

Frinik
Darn those small maps!!! I guess have to keep user in green grid area to start.

John you will not be banned to Siberia the maps are too small! ; Grin

Well for the player's tank it's better to be inside the green line or at the very least close to it( if you don't the mission may crash after a while or you get a mission failed message from the onset.But the AI units can be posted outside up to the brown line as long as you make them go to the map area.Unfortunately the maps are small in SF.Compared to TvsT for example(Oh! How I covet their large maps)

The map I have had since SP 1.4 so I don't need to generate it.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »

thought id push the limits after playing steel beasts with 20x20km maps. Right now my games are Steel Fury, Steel Beasts, Flight Simulator X, and Arma 11 which i havent loaded yet. I want to distribute my time to each so i dont get bored. Was looking at new Graviteam sim Steel Armor and it looks more like a strategy game than an actual sim. It has large maps too. i cant keep doing this it takes a long time to learn these games and their editors. Should i stick with these four or what? Are you getting Steel Armor when its released? Whats Achtung Panzer like you know them all. Maybe stick to Steel Fury and wait for updates and eventually bigger maps. I think this is the best WW11 tank sim and maybe always will be in spite of new future releases. A penny for your thoughts. Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2011, 04:39:41 PM »

What im trying to say is that public opinion states that everyone likes WW11 sims like Steel Fury and yet the emphasis is on strategy instead of immersion as an actual participant. Arent these game producers listening to the people, i dont understand. I feel imho that they could have built on the success they had with Steel Fury by adding bigger maps and multiplayer and better graphics instead of putting all their effort into a tank strategy game. After the dissapointment with Fall Blue i feel for the Steel Fury fans. I am open for comments and rational explanations. maybe im blind and need to see the light.
Drive carefully.
Again im by no means an expert and I feel common sense should prevail.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2011, 06:11:18 PM »

thought id push the limits after playing steel beasts with 20x20km maps. Right now my games are Steel Fury, Steel Beasts, Flight Simulator X, and Arma 11 which i havent loaded yet. I want to distribute my time to each so i dont get bored. Was looking at new Graviteam sim Steel Armor and it looks more like a strategy game than an actual sim. It has large maps too. i cant keep doing this it takes a long time to learn these games and their editors. Should i stick with these four or what? Are you getting Steel Armor when its released? Whats Achtung Panzer like you know them all. Maybe stick to Steel Fury and wait for updates and eventually bigger maps. I think this is the best WW11 tank sim and maybe always will be in spite of new future releases. A penny for your thoughts. Cheers
[/quote
]

I think i will purchase Steel Armour Blaze of war because I want to encourage Graviteam, test the new game engine which will likely be used for their future WWII sim in 2012( about the last battle for Kharkov in August 1943).It's mix RTS/SIM so you'll get the best of both worlds.Looks very well made.

I have Arma II but only the demo.Nice game but steep learning curve and lots of command to remember.It's got a very nice WWI mod for free called Invasion 1944 made by Murkz and others.I personally prefer Battlefield 2 which is easier and also has lots of free WWII mods like Forgotten Hope 2 and 2.4, xww2 and BFG 105.

As for what you need I think with what you have you'll be pretty busy.Mods are released all the time for 3 of the games you play.Flight X Simulator I have but like IL2 my kids play with it not me....

Re Graviteam they did not make any money with SF; barely broke even in fact.Fall Blau was not released by the distributor through not fault of Graviteam.As for MP they are small company with limited budget and a handful of guys and cannot afford to provide MP support like EA, Ubisoft or all the big game cies.They also cater to customers in the east who seem to prefer SP as I do.As for doing RTS I suspect it's a larger market than the one for Sims and probably more likely to be profitable for them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:15:05 PM by frinik » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Print  

Jump to: