Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161043 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »

Somehow the title of 'Tweaker' doesn't sound right.  Shocked

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

Hmm, maybe you can take another look frinik in the common_res file about the effects. Maybe try to get AP shots more real? Afaik there was no smoke/explosions (only a little flash kind of) if a AP shell hit a tank and glanced/bounced off, igm now there is lots of dust and smoke etc so you cant see a shit even if it glanced off or if it penetrated, HE shells is another story thou.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:56:43 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #342 on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »

I have tried Donken believe me but its' very difficult because I am working blind.Withotu a manula I have to try every single line , test it and tweak it etc.It took me 4 months of incessant work to get where I am .

Try the following values in your common res for the 2 paragraph of entries and tell me how it works for you.

ap_expl_pat,75,ap_expl,65,0.5;
heat_expl_pat,75,he_expl,72,0.5;
he_expl_pat,75,he_expl,85,0.5;
apsc_expl_pat,75,sc_expl,0,0;
sh_expl_pat,75,sh_expl,50,0.5;
apmg_expl_pat,7.62,mgun_expl,0,0;
gun_shot_pat,75,gun_shot,30,0.5;
mgun_shot_pat,7.62,mgun_shot,1.9,0.5;
rico_pat,50,shell_rico,0,0.5;
rico_pat_bul,7.62,mgun_expl,0,0.5;
piece_pat,50,mgun_expl,0,0.5;
det_expl_pat,75,det_expl,160,2;
smk_expl_pat,100,smk_expl,85,0.5;
}
phys_expl_pats()
{
ap_expl_pat,75,3,1.2,3,2,0.4,9200;
he_expl_pat,75,4.5,1.5,7,5,4,0.5,10500;
heat_expl_pat,75,3,14,0.7,13000;

apsc_expl_pat,20,0.7,0.5,0,0.8,0,0;
sh_expl_pat,75,3,0.8,6,2,0.4,9200;
apmg_expl_pat,7.62,0,0,0,0,0,500;
det_expl_pat,100,6,0.4,15,10,0.8,20000;
smk_expl_pat,100,0,0,3,5,0.4,3500;
}
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:54:04 PM by frinik » Logged
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #343 on: January 17, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »

Hi mistwalker! I foudn out roughly what thye mus mean fater testing them one at a time to see what they changed.I have the meanings written on a notepad file.I will have to look it up and post it for you.
Ok, I'll be waiting. I'm just thinking about the possibility of using SFX textures from Operation Star and Steel Armor.

Hmm, maybe you can take another look frinik in the common_res file about the effects. Maybe try to get AP shots more real? Afaik there was no smoke/explosions (only a little flash kind of) if a AP shell hit a tank and glanced/bounced off, igm now there is lots of dust and smoke etc so you cant see a shit even if it glanced off or if it penetrated, HE shells is another story thou.

Well, you can always change explosion pattern for AP shell to pattern for APSC shell, but I don't think that's right. AP shell has some explosive in it after all. So it has to explode.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »

!Ok, I'll be waiting. I'm just thinking about the possibility of using SFX textures from Operation Star and Steel Armor.

Excellent idea although from the pcis and videos posted I noticed that the effects seem to have improve since SF.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »

Hi
I understand that Steel Fury has been well liked for alot of different reasons and that is the truth. It is a game that has risen from the dead so to speak and there has been alot against it from the start especially in the West. People have fought hard to keep this title alive and prospering and that is commendable, too many names to mention and more being added.

I personally feel that there is alot of room for growth and by no means have the possibilities been exhausted. There has been alot of mods developed, missions produced and tweaks developed.

At this present time the scattered fragments developed are being consolidated in a new mod and people are sponsoring that. A board is responsible for doing that i suppose. I think that is important, to keep things as easy as possible for people because it can be very frustrating trying to keep up with all the changes.

Here are some of my thoughts. 

1. Good missions for the larger tanks with full rotating turrets like the Panther and Tiger would be
           well sought after both in full versions and lite versions as Rends alluded to. Skins developed for
           these units would be a bonus. Energies focused in these areas would not be unrewarded imho.
           Even professional model designers could be solicited for a reasonable fee to produce these
           models for a modest fee hopefully. I'm sure people would pay.

2. I think its possible to generate bigger maps somehow for mission designers to work with. I don't
            that in this day and age that's impossible. Of course more buildings are inevitable.

3. Effects like the turrets blowing off the top of the tank would probably be one of the best
            improvements and give this game a boost in the public arena.

It's possible that Graviteam have their ears to the ground and are at this moment producing a sequel to Steel Fury that will blow our socks off, address all these considerations, and satisfy the pallet of all the WW2 tankers!!!!!!!! Shocked
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »

At this present time the scattered fragments developed are being consolidated in a new mod and people are sponsoring that.
Unfortunately, it's impossible. As I've understood, developers are not interested in the game a long time ago.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2012, 02:26:46 AM »

John my hunch is that the next WWII sim made by Graviteam will be along the lines of SABoW.A combo RTS/SIM with larger maps, better graphics and AI using the same game engine with possibility of both playing in strategy role or activlely on the battlefield.That seems to be Graviteam logical  and evolving game development.

Mistwalker the notepad for FX is on my desktop which currently needs repairs as it won't start!Well it does but then goes straigh t into repairs.I ma having it examined this Sunday.Anything specila you want in FX.Could you tell me which ones you have in mind you'd like to modify?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »

Frinik
with that new 1.6 mod coming and the new model developer and spring mod theres no telling how far this game can be developed to. How far do you think development can go ? if Graviteam was smart they would be monitoring the enthusiasm for this wW2 tank sim and take all these new developments add to them and produce a new Dvd. You guys are doing all the hard work and i dont think you WW2 tankers are going anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: