Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 04:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161037 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »

I'm having a hard time seeing all my folders in windows 7. I see them in ME under unpack with little locks around them . I've got to figure out how to make them visible. It seems all my woes started when i used those decompiler tutorial files to unpack datapacks and start mission and object editor.Ihad to associate those datapack files with msdos.

Hi, in Windows 7, there's a check-box in 'Folder Options' to hide / unhide system files.

(edit)
I did a Google search and came up with this:

I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:47:35 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 04:56:36 AM »

Thanks Kyth for the help tried out first 2 of your missions they were alot of fun looking forward to the next four.      Cheers for now John
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 05:39:24 AM »

You're welcome JohnN

and I think you'll find, there isn't a shortage of new content for the game  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:46:45 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »

John before I send you anything I need to know what specs do you have on your pc, graphic card and CPU and RAM as you'll need a lot of power otherwise you 'll only get stuttering and crashes.

Thanks for the praise Joh n and I already asked Kyth for a promo and raise and he said " Gladly Frinik I" ll raise your work quota and promote you to Gopher-in-Chief"

Cheers

Try all of Kyth's missions they 're fun Cheesy
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »

LOL  Cheesy

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »

Frinik went out and bought Steel Beasts Pro Edition PE based on your advice sounds good and will be challenging. The computer is dual core 2.1Ghz Dell 4gb ram evga 512gb DDR 5 video ram . I know Steel Fury doesn't take advantage of dual cores. Dont worry i'm not deserting this game I want to get the best out of it and i think ther will always be something new.
I dont think you can activate all of kyths missions at once because they overwrite each other, probably one at a time is best and if you forget and usercamp file has all entries then youll get that dreaded error screen.
Once you load a shell I guess you have to use it before you can change the shell type and reload, it seems a waste.

Kyth i'd like to shorten this thread.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »

JohnN

It's best to activate the 'Kyth' missions in sequence, i.e. 1 to 6 in that order. It's possible that the later missions require some common files that shouldn't be overwritten.

Which posts do you want to trim from the thread? I think your queries (and any helpful replies) are a valuable public resource.  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 02:37:52 AM »

Ok John your cqrd sounds decent enough so either my tonight or tomorrow I "" ll be sending you some of my newest battles with Panther, Jagd panther, Tiger I and II, Panzer IV and JS2.Your CPU is a bit on the weak side and the games may slow down and stutter and FPS plummet with 100 tanks and AT guns and infantry  and sometimes artillery and air strikes as well fighting it out  at times but don' t worry just wait and it passes or the game just crashes. Grin.
I"ll send you my common res and tech_cfg files as well.Your B-in-L will love Steel Beasts.

Re Kyth's missions I have them all on a pc activated in sequence of course but you can all them all in your game menu without problems.

Cheesy
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »

Thank you again for your feedback.
Do you know if this game will run better on windows 7 64 bit and Steel Beasts also. I'm running 32 bit and the game shows i only have 2.5 gb of ram when i have 4 gb. I just thought that its not the games fault i think that 32 bit only supports 2.5 gb of memory. I hope steel fury can run on 64 bit. Have to wait for confirmation.
Cheers for now.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 02:29:42 AM »

JOhn I run most of my SF installations on Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bits without a problem. OS in general don' t create problems. I also have the game on my laptop with Vista Home Edition 64 bits and again no problems.

You re right about the 32 bits it only recognises part of your RAM nothing to do unless you can expand your RAM to 6 gbs?Huh?

Still on my laptop I have 4 gbs of RAM of which only 2.8 are used and for a game it's enough.What matters more are your CPU and GPU.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 02:42:48 AM »

Yes, but I wonder whether that's enough for 'World of Tanks' ??

Grin

Just Kidding...

"Yes."
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 02:52:53 AM »

Running SB Pro PE 2.5 and SFK42 w/mods on Win7 PHE system. Installation was straight forward, simple and with no problems. All SFK42 GFX settings maxed and it looks and runs great, FPS excellent with no stutters even when playing Rends Prokho missions. SB Pro GFX sliders at half settings, averaging 40-45 fps at the gunnery range and on the tutorials I have tried so far (all gunnery). I have not experimented too much with the GFX sliders yet as I only got SB Pro PE earlier this week.
My Specs:
Intel i7 870 @2.93ghz
8GB DDR 3
Ati Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5
Cheers.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:17 AM »

Panzerfaust we have the sam specs the processor and RAM -wise the only difference is my GPU is an ATI HD 5670  with 1 gb of ddr5 ( but yours is much better) with it you can play the game at 1960 X 1050 res or higher without problems .With mine I have to settle for 1680 X 1050 which is not bad.

I wish I had an 5770 but the price for the 5670 was irresistible...
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »

frinik what surprised me is the jump I got with just the CPU. The rig I replaced with this was one was an Intel Core 2 Quad @2.33ghz. I understood from past readings that SFK42 does not take advantage of having more then one core, but SFK42 definately likes CPU's near or over the 3.0ghz mark. I don't know how much the GPU made a differance since I had a EVGA GTS 460 in the other rig. But either way I'm in amour heaven now Cheesy Maybe you could send me some of your missions so I can really put this puppy to the test  Wink 
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »

I have 4gb of memory. Can I get everyones opinion, should I go to windows 7 64 bit or not. Thanks
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 02:25:10 AM »

John 4 gbs of RAM is plenty whether with Win 7 32 or 64 bits.I wouldn't worry too much about that.What really makes a difference is how fast you processor is and how strong your graphic card is.Up to you which one you want to use!

Ok Panzerfaust ; let's put your panzerfaust in use Grin

I am warning you though my missions are not missions per se; I call them battles.There 's no brief except what I can tell you in an email.There's no mission successful messag e as I don' t believe in that.In real life there were no trumpets blaring to announce your victory or defeat.You either destroy the enemy and keep the battlefield or else you die trying!Howerver I can guarantee you massive tank battles, smoke, burning tanks, a mayhem of explosions, rattling mgs and barking guns .You"ll have to use long  range shooting( my own specialty; I can destroy JS2s with a Panther at 1800 metres), good placement, fast reflexes, tactics too.I have night, battles, evening battles, with or withotu airstrikes, artillery , ATs and infantry.You"ll need to paste someof my tech_cfg files forthe Tigers, Panther, JS2, T34s as I corrected and revised some errors.As well my common resolution folder which corrrect some of the data for guns like muzzle velocity , weight fo shells.Believe me my chnqge swill make to game more enjoyable and are based mostly on real life data.

Panzerfaust PM me your email.

JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to getting your missions etc. I find air strikes are few and far between in steel fury and in steel beasts i dont think they even exist. I just upgraded my bios and it was a hassle but now i might upgrade the cpu to 2.8 ghz core 2 duo 1066 fsb 3mb L2 cache instead of the 2.2 ghz core 2 duo 800 fsb and 2mb L2 cache based on your recommendation. It might make a considerable difference. As far as the graphics card to upgrade means a bigger power supply etc. This humble Dell i think is not worth going that far stick with just the cpu upgrade and call it a day. Might build another machine with quad core eventually that would be neat could network in steel beasts. I'd like to get the ati 1gb ddr5
card. The dell is only a mini tower and no room to crossfire and all that good stuff.   Cheers Guys.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »

Jeez JohnI did not mean for you to upgrade your machine Huh?

I simply meant that your gpu is a little bit slow for sims but by no means a slouch.As for yoru Nvidia card it seems to be fine.

If you ever upgrade your card - which I don't suggest - go a 256 bits if it's an ATI or at least 192 CUDAs if it's an Nvidia because these along with ddr5 memory and lots of mega or gigaz flops of computing memory.

Don't go for the crossfire or SLI dual gpus I think they are overpriced, power hungry, overly expensive and produce more heat than the sun which means lots of extra expenses trying to keep them cool.They're only for hard core agmers which miost of us aren't.A single but powerful card like the ATIs 6870,6850, 5970 or Nvidia 460,or 285 are plenty.

But what's more exciting are those combined gpus/cpus chips which combine both the graphic and processor chips in one chipset of like the Zacate and Sandy Bridge of AMD and Intel which will make even mid range chips give incredible computing and graphic power.I suspect they will eventually make dinosaurs out of the dual gpus...

This weekend I will send you my stuff

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »

Just tried the Africa Corps you sent. Unpacked 3 datapacks in mission editor and hill 206 unpack in map editor. It was surprisingly easy thanks to you for your instructions. I then enabled desert mod in jsme and went to user missions in game. It was nice to seethem there. I clicked on Africa 1 and it tried to open then i got the dreaded white error screen got dissapointed didnt know what to do so i thought id try Africa 01 and was surprised that it worked . I  really like the graphics and gameplay. Since that mission worked I concluded that the map unpacked ok and the missions unpacked ok. I then tried tobruk and it errored out. Well one mission is bettere than none. Ill try to find out how to get the other 2 missins to work. Maybe the datapack files are missing something. Ill do some research. I have a file on hill 206 its huge about 385mb its hill206_1 i suspect that it will be alot better map but i dont know how to install its not datapack like yours.It was rar and i just unzipped it alot of bmp and poydat files.Ireally like the desert and want alot more missions with the desert map I dont know where ill get them i thinkk you dont like the desert that much.Gotta get working on these other 2 missions it might be something easy. 
could you briefly comment on how the experience and forces balance sliders work and how they impact the game. Of course it wont affect the player but i wonder what it does for your platoon ive tried and i cant see alot of difference even @ 10 on forces balance. thanks again  cheers for now John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »

Well John happy you got one working.For the other é check if there's a raed me notepad file that explains if you have to add a line of text in the user_camp folder .I " ll check my game.I have made a few battles with that desert map so I " ll send them to you along with the others I promised.

Check in your data/k42/loc_rus/level/LEVELS/cm_users if you have the following lines:

Africa_1, Africa_1, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Africa_1.level;
Tobruk2, Tobruk2, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Tobruk2.level;

If you don't just paste them into that folder and try playing them

Let me know!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: