Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:17:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161048 times)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 07:37:05 PM »

Frinik  just looked and the usercamp files are there for Africa1 and Tobruk tried the missions again 001 error. I'll see if i acn get different files somewhere on the internet.  talk to you soon.   john
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 02:23:47 AM »

John open you Mission Editor and look into your list of map.Do you have the foollwoing 2 items included:

hill206_1

hill206_1map

As well check your LEVELS/SCRIPTS/cm_users folder to see of you have for each the following 3 subfolders for example:

Africa_1_1_loc_data    TEXT folder
Africa_1_scripts.engscr     ENGSCR folder
Africa_1_zones              ENGCFG folder

If you don' t have them for your crashing 001 missions that' s the root of your problem.001 essentially means there's one or more element missing in your game thta prevents it from loading properly.The hitch is to find what's missing...

BTW those missions were made for the Steel Panzer 1.4 mod .They work for me at least with Beta 1.5.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:33 AM »

Hi Frinik,

If you don't mind, I'd also like to try the 'Tobruk' mission. Could you just send me the mission files? I already have the Hill_206 map somewhere,

I have tried the other 2 missions, 'Africa_1' and 'afrikakorps_01'. They're actually different missions with different maps. (I wish they were more imaginative with the names  Smiley)

• 'Africa_1' (actually the translated name is 'The Battle for Sidi Rezegh') needs the 'alex_poly_01' map.
  • 'afrikakorps_01' (no name, but it's near Gazala) needs the 'desert1' map. This is the one with the long radio briefing.

The '001 error' could be due to the 2 maps being missing,

I hope this helps!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »

Frinik
You sent me in the email the 3 missions and the hill206_1map.Kyth might be right I think youll need a map for each mission which makes 3 maps. I dont know where to get the other maps. Maybe Kyth can help. Ineed that map for Africa1 that kyth has and we both might need the map for tobruk unless one of the other maps double for Africa 01 and tobruk.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 05:37:56 AM »

I agree, the blasted Desert Mod appears to be one big question mark!  Sad 

Those damnable 'datapacks' cause more problems than they solve  Roll Eyes

Frinik and JohnN, (and everyone else who's interested in the Afrika Korps),

Once I get that elusive 'Tobruk' mission. I'll compile what I have into a logical, easy-to-use set of downloads and I'll make it a sticky!

What do you say?  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:39:37 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 06:16:17 AM »

Amen!
here are my thoughts. Frinik sent me in an email 4 datapacks. Africa1 Africa01 Tobruk and hill206_1map.
I like the datapacks they are so easy to unpack with the editors and they write to the usercamp file for you instead of manually pasting it in there. Ok when the missions are unpacked and the map is unpacked the missions appear in the game menu under user missions no problem but you error out in Africa1 and tobruk i feel because there are no maps for them thats easy if you can get the map datapacks somewhere.  Simple 3 mission datapacks 3 map datapacks and thats it.  All ineed are the other 2 maps you have 1 and i dont know where youll get tobruk map. Id prefer them in datapack format thats all the editors recognize and it makes it simple.  Maybe you can email me the map u have for Africa 1.   thanks John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:52 AM »

John/Kyth all 3 missions seem to use the hill206_map the only thing I can think of is that in my mission editor for maps I have both:

hill206_1

hill206_1map

John I"ll email you the  hill206_1 part which you don't have it may be the clue to yoru problem.It' s datapack file and just insert it with the other maps through the maps editor.

Kyth I ll email both hill206_1 and hill206_1map datapack files and see how it works for you.I don' t have any other desert map in my ME and all 3 missions work well for me?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:45:32 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »

Hi Frinik,

I have to disagree about the maps; the hill206 map is definitely different from the others, it's go a dry wadi going through it:

Meanwhile, the 'desert1' map has this bumpy terrain:

And the 'alex_poly' map is something else again:

If you could e-mail to me just the Tobruk mission files, I'll try to compile them all for everyone to download and enjoy,  8)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:49:27 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »

You´re right Kyth Stone mission uses a different map which I haven´t been able to extract and out into my map editor. Obviously I have it somewhere in my gqme the polypack file since the mission works well for me.I´ve got the other 2 and I thought they were the same but there are, as you so aptly pointed out, differences . Which Tobruk files do you need me to email you exactly?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

Hi Frinik,

I need just the basic mission files for 'Tobruk':

• <mission name>.level
  • <mission name>_loc_data.text
  • <mission name>_scripts.engscr
  • <mission name>_zones.engcfg

It's okay to send me the datapack file for Tobruk,

I'll figure out how the rest of it works,

Thanks!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »

Ok I ll search KYth no problem for the datapack but I am not sure I kept the whole Tobruk folder.

I ll send you Rend Prokhorovska map and Stone Soboleivskii one I managed to extrat both from the polypack and I ahve the new maps whxih can be useful to play with for new missions.The Soboleivskii was originallry created for SP 1.4 but since Stoen incorporated or recycled those missions into Beta 1.5 as part of the T34/85 campaign you can enable and use that map.For Rends you ll need to enable his Prokhorovska beta version one mod for the map to work.

Cheers
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 07:44:38 PM »

Thanks in advance to Kyth and Frinik for trying to get this Afrika mod riddle sorted once and for all.

I have only one of the 3(?) missions supposedly available and haven't been able to get a "straight answer" on how to get all of this mod on one installation and also available for possible further development. Very frustrating since I'd much rather explore SF in Egypt and Libya than anywhere on teh eastern Front. Smiley

I'll be VERY happy if someone can manage to compile a new collection of all the files and scenarios, and can put them in a place where they can be downloaded and installed "clean" (unlike the originals, it seems, where the initial authors are either gone from the community or asleep at the wheel).

Kudos

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2011, 08:14:29 PM »

I just got the Africa1 going im doing one at a time got the file from stone 2009.
Step 1 - place africa1 folder in your mod enabler, unpack the datapack in mission editor,then place usercamp entry from notepad. It has the Alex poly map in the data files you dont need to unpack this one. Now im going to get Africa 01 going with Friniks files thats easier using hill206map. By the way that Africa1 user mission has a Russian name in the game menu it might translate the Road to Sid R.Now for the elusive Tobruk. Ive got friniks datapack and as Kyth says this map will probably be just hill206. ive got the file but its not datapack so i might try to manually place it in envs.Anyhow im sure kyth is quite capable of putting it all in one for the community and put this puppy to rest.  John
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

Got a problem now Africa01 doesnt work back to the drawing board.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2011, 08:42:47 PM »

cant get Africa01 to work anymore.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »

JohnN

Hold on, I'll try to post the maps and missions soon  Smiley

Ok I ll search KYth no problem for the datapack but I am not sure I kept the whole Tobruk folder.

Frinik,

If it helps, you might want to find the following essential mission files :

tobruk2.level
tobruk2_loc_data.text
tobruk2_scripts.engscr
tobruk2_zones.engcfg

Thanks,

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:54:47 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »

got africa1 and africa01 now working with great difficulty. No way with tobruk will have to wait for files.    thanks again for all the great support you guys give this is a great game and has a long way to go.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »

Hi,

If either of you would be kind enough to e-mail me the Tobruk2 mission files, I'll finish this faster,

(edit)

Okay, got the last mission,

Look here for the desert mod files:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2638.0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:41:07 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »

Kyth unable to find the whole Tobruk file but I emailed you the hill_206 map and hill206_1 datapacks and the Tobruk2 datapack as well.My problem is that I installed those mods-missions 2 years ago and I dont remember where I put the original downloads or if I even kept them as nobody was interested in the desert mod until a flurry of interest for 3 months now?Huh? Huh?

I tried looking on tanksim.org.ru  as they sued to have the africa missions but they re gone now.... Still I know that Stone 2009 posted it just 3 weeks ago or so on the avia forum.Ill look them up.I have to share one internet connection with my wife and 2 children here so.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 07:21:56 AM »

Hi Frinik,

Thanks for the help,

I know those desert mod downloads are all over
so I'm putting them all together and it saves on further aggravation  Grin

Regards,

"Yes."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print