Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 05:47:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161041 times)
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »

Just installed the desert missions, good work Kyth. I guess there is no way to get all 3 maps in mission editor. Another minor observation is that the notepad entry should go in usercamplist not camplist.Ifound out the hardway no biggie just for the people new to the game.  Thanks again and talk to you soon. I need to upgrade the computer slows on these good misiions i cant imagine friniks missions.    John
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 01:54:36 AM »

No JohnN, that's 'camplist' and not 'user_camplist'.

The problem with the 'user_camplist' file is that it gets overwritten as soon as you create a new mission.  Undecided

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 02:45:01 AM »

John if your computer slows on Kyth's missions then its definitely going to freeze on mine Embarrassed  Although on my Toshiba with just 2.0 gigahertz processor an ATI 3650 with 512 mbs  and 4 gbs of ram I get pretty decent framerates; in the upper teens and twenties with Kyth's missions and down to 6 to 13 with most of mine.Beta 1.5 is tough on the fps I get  30 to 40% less comqpred with SP 1.4.While you upgrade John you may want to consider have a second install , as I have, with SP 1.4 .You could play Kyth's missions, getbetter frame rates and I have old missions made back in 2008 and 2009 by Stone , Fabian fred etc I could email you?

The game folders can be confusing at times you have lots of k42, user  folders etc and it's easy to get confused and put stuff into the wrong file.

Kyth I emailed you the Tobruk stuff except one which I cannot find.

JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »

Kyth I tried saving to camplist but it wouldnt save properly it just asked where you want to save to and it usually just asks you to save then it disappears and you know that its done the job. I tied saving in usercamplist and it saves it properly   but as you said  i couldnt understand where the entries went in the game when i installed other missions. Sorry. If the other way doesnt work i might have to place them there manually all the time I have to add new missions. I might have another go at it.

Dear Frinik

I received all your files and i appreciate your effort so much. Theres no doubt you need at least 24 fps for the human eye and i wont be happy till i get them. Looks like  new cpu AMD Quad Cre about 3ghz. ill stick with the same video card i think nvidia 512mb   ddr5  its not to bad.  Again thank you amd when i get the computer sorted out i guess i could expand more thanks to you and all the guys. The game would be nothing without all you guys supporting us and providing us with new challenges.   Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 04:22:25 AM »

John my advice is to lower the resolution in game to 1268 X 720 and the AF slider down to 1 or 2 the you should get very decent fps.
Have you tried one of my battles yet? Some have less tanks and other stuff in them and should be very playable.

Try Koerners2 one of my early Panther battles, lots of action  and not to tough to play.A good test for your rig....From your starting psotion move towards the village of Peremoga and conceal your tank behind a bush and take out those tanks in the village.Watch your left flank.You have solid support from your other tanks placed around the village.Once the enemy armoru has been destroyed just head foir the village and mop up the infantry.

Good luck PanzerKommandant!

JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »

Frinik

I really like the panzer 5 (Panther) I think its the best tank Id like to get as many missions with it as possible. I tried the mission editor and when you create a new mission it automatically gives you a T34. No problem i just add platoon 2 with a Panther . you can add as many platoons with whatever vehicle you want but when i go to my T34 all the choices are greyed out so i cant change my user tank. Kyth and Lockie tried to help me to change my user tank to the panther but i dont get it yet. Im not sure how to change plat1 to plat2 choose my tank and then change back to plat1. I tried in the i divisions files but dont get it yet. Wiill try to figure it out. Iwant to get 2 tanks going first and i want the panther to be theuser tank. Kyth really likes the Panzer 111. what do you like. The panzer4 isnt bad but the patch fixed the missing reticle and didnt fix the outer calibration markings that you dial in for distance. If someone could expand the light area on the sight you could see them. i bet kyth could do it.How do you manage to shoot at long distances the tiger has the outer markings on the sight and you can dial in with the mouse.               Bye for now
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »

JOhn listen(read) carefully I am going to explain to you how to do it.

Whe nyou are crating a new missions the T34 is the default tank which is why it s greyed out.

What you do is add a new unit under it i.e your panther d.Then just go down that box where you have divisions weather etc at th bottom right side you ll see a yellow hand JUST RIGHT NEXT TO THAT ARROW, RECTANGULAR WINDOW THAT SAYS PLAYERS DIVISION.YOU CAN T MISS .Just click on It AND BINGO YOUR PANTHER IS GREYED OUT AND HAS BECOME THE PLAYER TANK. JUST SAVE YOUR MISSION AND LOAD IT BUT ONLY AFTER SAVING IT.tHEN LEAVE THE MISSION EDITOR AND PLAY YOUR TRIAL MISSION IN THE USER MISSIONS MENU.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:32:52 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »

Smiley

By the way, the calibration markings should already work, as seen in this "lovely" video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/steelfurydesert

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »

Thanks Frinik For your response i get it now.

We have the outer calibrations on the Panther and tiger but for some reason not on the panzer IV sight.
Cheers for now.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 02:00:56 AM »

John do you mean to say that your panzer IV does not have any calibration?NO grid , no triangle in middle? Your gun sight is plain blank?

If it s the case you have the Panzer IV reticle bug.To fix it just follow the link below and download and install the German reticle hot fix:

http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=17
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2011, 02:56:26 AM »

I have the triangles in the middle but on the outside of the sight along the circumference there are graduations that you see in the other sights and when you use the mouse scroll wheel you can adjust for diastance. I think they are there you can just see the markings  and i think what needs to be done is to expand the area of light on the sight and you might be able to see them.  If you cant see them all you can do is guess the distance of the target and adjust accordingly. I'm building another computer I want to see Friniks battles in all their glory.    Thanks   JohnN
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2011, 03:56:46 AM »

Kyth and Frinik

All quiet on the Western Front.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2011, 05:09:55 AM »

Kyth and Frinik

All quiet on the Western Front.

LOL

I'm hoping you're getting your fill of the Eastern Front  Cheesy

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »

Kyth I need your qdvice.I modified one of the gqmes single missions for Norm.The German Nepokrytoe one with the Panzerjaeger I which I replqced with the Marder III as he wants to play that vehicle.Made a few other changes as well.My problrm is trying to export( pack) that mission as a datapack file so he can import it into his game through the ME.My problem is that I cannot find it anywhere in the game folder other than as a level file which of course you cannot export.Any idea on how I could go about it?

Cheers

John have you tried some of the battles?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:46 AM »

Hi Frinik,

There's a way, it requires some text-editing and copying of files. If you're comfortable with that, read this carefully and proceed:

1. Create a new, empty mission using the same map as the original (Nepokritoe). Save as, say, "Mardermission" .
2. Open the original 's08_nepokritoe' mission. Edit, replace PzJg1 with the Marder III, and save.
3. Look for the 's08_nepokritoe_scripts.engscr' file in the \SCRIPTS\cm_single\ folder. Open with a text editor like Notepad. Save as "Mardermission_scripts.engscr". (Do not save as '.txt' file, select the other option 'all files')
4. Look for the 's08_nepokritoe_zones.engcfg' file in the \SCRIPTS\cm_single\ folder.  Open with a text editor like Notepad. Save as "Mardermission_zones.engcfg". (Do not save as '.txt' file, select the other option 'all files')
5. Move the new Mardermission_scripts.engscr and Mardermission_zones.engcfg files from the \SCRIPTS\cm_single\ folder to the \SCRIPTS\cm_users\ folder. Overwrite the existing Mardermission files when prompted.
6. Check the new mission again in the editor. If everything's good, do your datapacking.

Good luck,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »

Makes sense! I tried that but neglected the zones files zhich is zhy it did not work!

Thanks Kyth! Wink
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »

Enjoying Steel Fury Kyth it gets better all the time. Have you got the Alex poly map in datapack form so i can unpack it in ME?I got the other 2 desert maps but id like the third. Can you tell me what a polypack file is and how do you decompile it to see whats in it. Datapack files are good you can unpack maps and missions in the editors. I have to reload the game several times to get the polygon editors to appear in the start menu sometimes they dont show up. I found out how to save to camp list finally.A few more comments: Some of the heavy tanks have a white bullet in the bottom left hand corner instead of brass.When i create mission the tanks have the number 10-10 on them and i dont get your nice numbers. Bye for now JohnN

To Frinik:
Have been trying your missions they brought my computer to a standstill and im building another one to fix the problem.Do you write scripts and put triggers in your missions? Have been using your tech files could you tell me what changes you made and what changes should i expect to see in game? your tech files are some in Russian very strange. Have yoiu tried those stone 123missions? sometimes i try those Russian missions from sukoi and they screw up my game menu and turn everything to Russian. Have begun steel beasts and have got to say that the graphics and damage model is not a patch on Steel Fury. Might get better later on. Might try running steel fury in xp instead of windows 7. Hey what about Panzer Elite and other gravitem tank sims can you give me a 1-10 list. Just curious. All the best Frinik.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 02:42:25 AM »

Hi John as I explained in my meail to you the changes to the tech_cfg and common resolution folders affect various things which were not properly valued  shells and the Panther and Tiger II have in the game; i.e the muzzle velocity of some guns, the weight of the shells, the explosive impact, or the shell complment of the Tiger I which is now 92 ( 60 APs and 32 HE instead of the 82 in the game likewise for the Panther and TIger II.I have adjusted armour thickness and armour frail values etc after reasearching data  to make them more conform to realityJust play the Tiger I now and you ll see that you have  92 shells now and the Panther and Tiger II have 86 shells.The German tanks are stronger and the T34/85( a bit weaker as it was in  real life.

Re the Russian language menu it's because I downloaded those mods from Russian websites.You have to go in to cd folder( data/k42/loc_rus/ and remove one to get the English back.Can t rememnber the name of it but when you open that folder it's the last one on the list.Just remove it, save and yoiu ll get the English back.

Re my battles I am surprised that your computer freezes I would have expected slow framerates  and choppiness but standstill? Try lowering screen res to 1024 X 768 , no AF( the 1 to 5 slider in your game video settings all the way down to zero) and everything medium quality.

Re the sims Panzer Elite is good but too old, the AI is terrible.T34 versus Tiger is a dead whale except for ZeeWolf's mods which are excellent but you have to pay to get.T72 Balkans on Fire is an old sim and not very exciting.The other games are either RTS which I don' t play or FPS like Red Orchestra, Arma II and they are multiplayer only.

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 04:45:29 AM »

Hey what about Panzer Elite and other gravitem tank sims can you give me a 1-10 list. Just curious.

Sorry to jump in here,

There was an informative discussion about the tank sims (including Panzer Elite) and their relative merits in another forum (with a useful summary!)  Smiley

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178711

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:47:36 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 05:17:56 AM »

Kyth
Based on Friniks feedback on tanksims I think that Steel Fury would come out on top and im happy to be involved and learning. Will continue to study and someday might be able to offer some things. Cheers for now.

Frinik
Again great support from you and will appreciate your tech files.    JohnN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: