Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 05:29:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161040 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »

John emailed you 15 new maps to enjoy a nice holiday in a tank Grin
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »

Thanks buddy ill meet you in Bangledesh for dinner and well have chepaties and curried rice no chilies.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 02:35:16 AM »

Bengladesh?Huh? No way plus I am not too fond of Indian food.Give me Italian, German, Swiss, French, Belgian, Greek, Turkish, Lebanese, North African any day through Grin

I ll meet you in Sri Lanka , much nicer  Wink
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »

Frinik
im going to check my email for the new maps
thanks for your effort in advance
building a new computer to try your missions   cheers for now
have you got steel beasts?
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 01:57:44 AM »

Frinik
Just got your datapacks thanks
Ive Got a problem i cant find my map editor in the start menu to unpack the maps
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2011, 06:53:27 AM »

John you map_editor is located within your Mission Editor.I asusme you have a working Mission Editor within your game since you unpacked those datapack files I sent to you?The MIssion Editor has 3 separate components;

editor_map_gen (which you use to create your own maps)

editor_map ( which you use to pack or unpack maps and which is the one you need to use for those map I emailed you)

editor_mission ( which is the one you use to create or edit missions)

Check your ME folder and look for the editor_map one.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »

Frinik
I only have access to the mission editor in the start menu and sometimes the map editor appeared there too and it disappears in the start menu it might come back i dont have any folders with editors in my game and i have 2 download versions i bought and the dvd also. I dont know what version you guys have to get a mission editor folder in your game. its like theres all kinds of different versions of this game floating around its really strange. I tried using the decompiler program to access all the editors and it used to work but it also doesnt anymore. Ive made alot of changes to the game and i do a clean install quite often to refresh . the problem is that windows seems to remember all the problems and duplicates them in the fresh install. Do you use xp maybe the game wasnt deigned for windows 7 and you cant get all the files and features.

Kyth

The stock missions T-34/85 in sp 1.5 beta are in russian after the english patch and alot of them give the dreaded error white screen when you try to play them. Maybe they were unfinished and they are missing files. Can you help?  Thanks JohnN
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »

Kyth

The stock missions T-34/85 in sp 1.5 beta are in russian after the english patch and alot of them give the dreaded error white screen when you try to play them. Maybe they were unfinished and they are missing files. Can you help?  Thanks JohnN

Language: Which 'English patch' are you using? I hope you're activating the mods as suggested below:

Error screens: One possible explanation is your Sound drivers?? Try disabling sound in the game options and see whether it's okay. You might also want to consider changing your 'hardware acceleration' settings under Windows' sound and audio devices controls.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2011, 03:30:53 AM »

I only have access to the mission editor in the start menu and sometimes the map editor appeared there too and it disappears in the start menu it might come back i dont have any folders with editors in my game and i have 2 download versions i bought and the dvd also. I dont know what version you guys have to get a mission editor folder in your game. its like theres all kinds of different versions of this game floating around its really strange. I tried using the decompiler program to access all the editors and it used to work but it also doesnt anymore. Ive made alot of changes to the game and i do a clean install quite often to refresh . the problem is that windows seems to remember all the problems and duplicates them in the fresh install.

Hi,

Sounds like you have some serious issues with your O/S. Are you sure your Antivirus and Windows 7 aren't screwing with your file updates?
What kind of clean installs did you do?  There shouldn't be any previous versions of SF, if you un-installed them.  Huh? Try re-installing to a different folder or drive.
By the way, menu items and config files don't normally come and go as they please  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2011, 04:31:35 AM »

John don't worry I will email you my editor .bat files.

Because I made multiple copies of my original game the copies did not have a working mission editor.So may be 6 to 7 months ago I sent a post to SF admin support on this forum to find out how to create a new one.

Iceman answered back and explained how to do it ( create a text folder then turn it into a a bat one and then into an exe.etc)..I just followed his instructions and Bingo I was able to recreate a working ME and make a copy in each of my 6 separate copies.What I will do John is email you all 4 bat files.All you'll need to do is paste them into your game's mani9 menu and then will magically turn into working map_editor, mission_editor and map_gen_editor files.Then you can keep a copy of these bat files in a folder w hich you can access in case of future need.

Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:14 AM »

Hi John  I managed to find my post to Iceman about how to create or recreate a missing ME here it is below:

Hello Iceman or whomever!

I have a small technicla problem.I made a copy of my Steel Fury game.My problem is that the mission editor in that game does not work because of course it's only a copy.So I am unable to load new user/made missions into that game.Is there another way other than loading them as datapack through the mission editor?Can copies of user/made missions be made and pasted into a game?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hello frinik!

Create text files in a root folder of game (there where stater.exe) and in them to enter the text

For start of the editor (editor.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

For map creation (editor_map.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newpoly.program

For mission creation (editor_mission.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newmis.program

For the map generator (editor_map_gen.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\polygen.program
After that rename text files into something with *.bat extension or *.cmd and run.

Example
editor.txt -> editor.cmd
editor_map.txt -> editor_map.cmd
etc

------------
Or you can create shortcuts for "<game_dir> \bin\rel\shell.exe" and change "Target" in  Properties of the shortcuts

For example:
For start of the editor

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program
For map creation

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newpoly.program
For mission creation

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newmis.program
For the map generator

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\polygen.program

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:26:59 PM 

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »

Smiley

This has got to help!  Cheesy

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »

Sure did for me!I was able to recreate my ME in all my copies of SF.It's easier than what it looks like at first glance Grin
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »

Frinik
i mader a copy of my original dvd with nero and have been using the copy to reinstall.
maybe the copy is missing files, could that be like you .
If that is the case how do you make a backup copy?
Those Iceman instructions are a little bit scary ill have to try .
It seems like the programs are there under shell programs etc. ill have to do some investigation.
Hope to get those bat files thanks again frinik.
my new computer is almost finished and i might be able to play your missions good.
Do you have anymore missions? How many do you have?
Just got Kyth 7 thought there was only 6.  Cheers

Kyth
Do your T34/85 stock missions all work? I didnt know there was a correlation between sound and error screens. In the game menu i mightn turn off hardware acceleration i never did know what that meant.

BTW do you know what the free camera mod is and how to install and use it? Bye for now JohnN
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »

OK John  I ll email you the bat files.They should work without a problem.

Re my battles between my various mods I probably made over 200 .

No your copy is not missing files.The ME does not appear in your game until normally you load one of the maps which is in your user made menu I believe.

As for a back up copy just copy your game into an external hard disk.That´s what I do.I just copy the whole game folder and in 10 tgo 15 minute sh bingo I have full working copy of my game saved.I haven´t used my installation cd in over 2 years.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2011, 12:13:30 AM »

Kyth
Do your T34/85 stock missions all work? I didnt know there was a correlation between sound and error screens. In the game menu i mightn turn off hardware acceleration i never did know what that meant.

Hi,

The T34/85 missions all work, they're part of the campaign 'The Weapon of Victory' with SPM1.5.

About the briefings, yes they're in Russian. No translation yet  Embarrassed

Fiddle with the sound settings, update sound drivers etc. until you get it working. Don't give up!  Grin

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2011, 01:02:19 AM »

Kyth
tried disabling all the sound and hardware acceleration in the game no go. ill try and reload the sound drivers in windows next. i get the 001 error screen i think there is 002 and 003 error they must mean something different. i looked to see if all the files are there according to your diagram of where your files go illtry that . these are good missions
thanks JohnN

Frinik your a champion those bat files work fantastic much better than the decompiling tutorial of enabling in mod enabler 2 files. Everyone should know this secret thanks to you and iceman and others.  thanks so much

Kyth
by the way i tried the regpoly deal you spoke of with the 10 maps works fantastic and i will be able to edit you said
cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2011, 01:34:48 AM »

Yeah those T34/85 missions are quite good.They originally came with SP 1.4 as part of a mini campaign called Sobolevskyii district(Alex 01,02,03,04,05).They were originally with the T34/76 until they upgraded the T34s to the 85 model and left the Germans with Stug III Cs and Ds and Panzerjaeger Is....I still have the 5 original missions with my SP 1.4 they're actually a bit different and more challenging with the T34/76.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2011, 02:02:16 AM »

John what about the other stock missions and campaigns do they work?( I am talking abou the KV1, T34/76, Panzer IVF2, Panzer III, Mathilda etc?

Strange that only one campaign wouldn't work.

Bette rnot play too much with sound acceleration.Sometiles with old gamles you have to disable it or if your pc's really old otherwise no need to disable it. Kyth' s advice is sound update your sound drivers?What OS do you have Windows 7? Because with my Windows 7 I had to re_install Direct X 9C as some games did nto work properly.I have DirectX11 and while it's supposed to incorporate all the previous Diretc X versioins in fact some of the dll files needed for older games those made for Direct X 7, 8 and 9 are missing and you need to re-install those earlier versions.

Don't give up!Every problem has a solution!
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2011, 03:58:45 AM »

Frinik
Just bought a Gigabyte HD 5870 with eyefinity dont think i can run steel fury with 3 monitors. Got a Core i7 should be able to get decent frame rates with your battles. Thanks for your encouragement.  Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: