Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 12:54:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Frinik  (Read 161106 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2011, 12:01:11 PM »

Wow John you really went out for the big guns!!!!An ATI HD 5870 ( Oops it's AMD Radeon now....) That's an excellent choice.One of the best gpus available currently.It's probably at least twice as fast and 3 times as powerful as my ATI HD5670 which is a mid range card but no slouch......

With that card you can play SF at max res 2560 X 1920 , with all details high, AF at max and still get 50 to 60 fps.... As for my battles you'll play them at 25 to 40 pfs I suspect which is excellent....with my own, much more modest specs; Intel core i5 and ATI HD5670 I get very good framerates playing at 1650 X1080.You can play Crysis with max details and Arma II as well.

What would you need 3 monitors???You have have 2 eyes after all ;-))))

Hang On then since you have all the maps and super specs I'll be able to ship you more of my stuff. Report to moderator .

Enjoy your new-found electronic power Wink
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »

Frinik
I havent got my video card yet so im using a n nvidea 8400 gS which is 512GB ddr2. im using Core I7 4gb ddr3 and my frame rates in game is only about 10fps i thought a good cpu would give me blistering frame rates but i dont think steel fury is able to take advantage of all that power. it might need the graphics card to do the job. Id like as many of those missions as posible. id like to make some of my own with the maps you sent me but im worried because i dont know how to write scripts . cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »

running steel fury in xp maybe it would be better in win7 because my b in law has good frame rates with a very modest rig. can you explain about AF is that the allies experience enemys experience and forces balance stuff i dont know what these sliders actually do i just setb them to 2 2  and 5 like the game developers suggest.  BTW who is the enemy  and allies does it depend upon which side your on etc. I remember you talking to kyth about running at 10 which is the hardest but i dont think that it makes any difference to you the driver if your doing your own thing. i never have them do as i do and i always use the gunners position. how do these tanks shoot on the move have you tried to shoot with the sight going up and down its almost impossible unless you know something i dont Frinik.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2011, 03:58:03 AM »

can you explain about AF is that the allies experience enemys experience and forces balance stuff i dont know what these sliders actually do i just setb them to 2 2  and 5 like the game developers suggest.  BTW who is the enemy  and allies does it depend upon which side your on etc. I remember you talking to kyth about running at 10 which is the hardest but i dont think that it makes any difference to you the driver if your doing your own thing.

I can assure you it makes a big difference  Smiley Especially if the scenario relies on group tactics.

The force balance slider goes from 1 (easiest) to 10 (hardest / impossible). This also depends on the Mission designer, to designate which units to appear / disappear as the difficulty level changes. By the way, this is what I normally refer to as the difficulty level.

The AI experience slider works much the same way but I wouldn't recommend playing around with that; mission designers normally have the unit experience finely tuned for play balance! However, for an even greater challenge, you may want to set them to 4 4! You may find the enemy transformed into expert marksmen while your wingmen become worthless conscripts!  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2011, 05:03:05 AM »

John the sliders do have some impact on the game for example try playing the Panzer IVF2 Petrovka mission( PanzerIV Campaign), the one in which you get straffed by IL2s.If you set the balance of forces( like Kyth I call it difficulty)slider all the way to the max before you play that mission not only will you be straffed all the way till the end of the mission(successful or failed) but you ll face 9 Soviet tanks counter attacking.On the other hand if you set the slider to the minimum the IL2s are absent( no air strikes) and you get to face only 5 Soviet tanks.I know because I experimented to find out how much moving the slider affects the odds or difficulty of playing a mission.By putting the slider at medium difficulty setting you ll get the airstrike but less intense and 7 Soviet tanks.That's how the difficulty slider works.I personally always set it at max because I am competitive and I love fighting against the odds.

The AI experience does not have much impact in my experience.It has more in the Mission Editor whne you have to set the experience level of the units you put into play but the in game one.I set the enemy experience at 2 and of my allies at 4 the max but simply because I set the balance of forces to the max for the enemy.

The best way to find out how these things affet your game is to experiemnt.That's part of the fun with this game, tweaking, fin e tuning ,experiemnting.Try playing various misisons with the sliders at min, medium and max setting sand see which one suits you well.

Don't be shy, remember what Danton, The French revolutionary, use to say all the time " Boldness, always boldness! "

Tinker with your game it's your toy Man!

BTW how's your GTX570 (a Tiger II like graphic card?Huh? Grin

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:36 AM »

BTW how's your GTX570 (a Tiger II like graphic card?

I'm curious too, and I still think 30+ fps is pretty good for gameplay,  Huh?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »

Mind you it depends because the GTX570 is at the top ,or almost, of the list of powerful gpus and if John is palying the stock mission with only 30 fps as average thne defintely something is wrong.I play the stock missions with my much lmess powerful HD5670 at close to 50 or at least with 35 fps and up...
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »

Dont run Steel Fury in xp use win 7 with directx11 i cant believe the difference. This is a proven tip for you guys you deserve it. I will get back soon on the performance when i get everything tweaked. Talk to you soon .   cheers JohnN
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »

BtW what value do the subcalibre rounds have? i cant get that T 34a attack mission to work. do i need to correct the kyth 6 mission with the patch or is it included in the mission? 1 last question is how the free camera mod works and what does it do.  thanks John
Btw my b in L likes the welcome to the front mission we might vote that one number 1 soon.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2011, 01:47:09 AM »

BtW what value do the subcalibre rounds have? i cant get that T 34a attack mission to work. do i need to correct the kyth 6 mission with the patch or is it included in the mission? 1 last question is how the free camera mod works and what does it do.  thanks John
Btw my b in L likes the welcome to the front mission we might vote that one number 1 soon.

Hi, answering the question about my mission,

The correction to Mission 6 (actually a bug-fix) is included in the updated download file. If you have an earlier version, you may want to download and activate the bug-fix.
Thanks for the comments, and hope to see your vote(s) soon, Smiley

About the T-35a mission, I don't know what's wrong, are you able to open it in the Mission Editor? Not sure about the subcalibre question, maybe Frinik has an idea,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2011, 02:34:47 AM »

The subcalibre rounds are ineffective. I think they are shrapnel anti infantry rounds but I rarely sue them because frankly they do no damage.

Re T "(a played it withotu problems. I got tired of the pressure cooker and switched the player tank to a T28 much more enjoyable.

John you need to have the new maps installed in your map editor to play that mission because it's made with one of them.

Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2011, 03:40:38 PM »

ill have to work on t34 attack had the new map installed will see what happens.
BTW Frinik i noticed after having loaded your tech files etc that the shell compliment in the tiger has not changed i tried to change the t34/85 to more rounds in notepad but it did nothing. its not that easy the pictures of the shells in the game are still there and the original number of shells. ill wait to hear from you .
Do you use the free camera mod ? what does it do and how does it work. i wonder if anyone can correct the sound and rate of fire for nthe mg 34 its cyclic rate is alot faster than depicted after some research.Tried Kyth 8 the support didnt do nothing they just stayed put. Can anyone make a tutorial on writing scripts or a we resigned to dummy.   again  avidersane or dosvidania     cheers  JohnN
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »

Do you use the free camera mod ? what does it do and how does it work. i wonder if anyone can correct the sound and rate of fire for nthe mg 34 its cyclic rate is alot faster than depicted after some research.Tried Kyth 8 the support didnt do nothing they just stayed put. Can anyone make a tutorial on writing scripts or a we resigned to dummy.   again  avidersane or dosvidania     cheers  JohnN

Hi John, here are some answers:

1. Free camera mod, some advice is contained in the SimHQ forum, which I'll link you to here:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3071390/Stel_fury_Free_cam_mod_doesn_t.html#Post3071390

2. I wonder whether you have my 'MG 34 mod'? If you don't, please get it, it includes sound samples of the real thing (real video, that is).
http://www.4shared.com/file/GyYiIHQs/MG34Fixed.html

3. Which support platoon is staying put? If it's the Panzer IV's, they should get moving if they're not immobilized,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »

I am surpirsed that the shell complement in your Tiger has not changed? I checked the files I sent you and the number is correct?Huh?? Huh?

OK no problem just open the data/k42/loc_rus/ level/LEVELS/ tech_cfg folder inside you ll see all the tanks, SPGs and APCs present in  the game.There are 2 for the Tiger I called:tiger and tigerr just open them each in tunr.Inside going down the specs you ll see this:

shells()
   {
      PZGR39_88K,60, 0, 0;         
      PZGR40_88K, 0, 0, 0;
      SPRGR_88K, 32, 0, 1;

If you have these values then you re Ok you have installed the files I sent you correctly.Otherwise just correect the shells as per my post.
REMEBBER  SAVE the changes before you close the file otherwise the chnages won't apply!
Cheers
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

Frinik
I tried changing shell numbers in tech files to a different number and it seems like it didnt have any effect in the game, the pictures and number of shells stayed the same at the bottom left of screen in game. Maybe you have to change the common res file too along with the tech files.Do you know what all those numbers mean in the common res file and which numbers did you change when you sent me your changed file by email. what causes the pictures of the shells in the game to appear and how are they generated. some of the bullets are white unstead of brass, id like to fix. like to get a hold of that Zalesse map and missions and how to install. your files didnt affect them after all, amazing. Did some research on shell compliments and have changed all the tanks to mimik real world stats in tech files didnt change the common res file though, might have to to take effect.have you looked on you tube for the mg34 sound and rate of fire about 1100 rounds per minute high cyclic rate would be nice to hear that mirrored in the game dont know if its possible though the tracers would be barely visible  maybe could create some wave files and experiment thiough.  thanks so much    JohnN

Going to try Aces fix with widescreen bug and panzer sight calibtation. Hope it works.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2011, 06:18:23 PM »

what all those numbers mean in the common res file and which numbers what causes the pictures of the shells in the game to appear and how are they generated. some of the bullets are white unstead of brass, id like to fix.
Suppose it helps. Pay attention to parameter #46.
Shell D25Т(IS-2), file common_res.engcfg
OF471,0x01,%SHELL_HE%,D25T,781,49,0.45,0.3,0,1,1,0,25,3.6,0.2,9,0.5,0.5,0.2,0,1,1,1,expl_gndm*,expl_techh*,expl_buildm*,expl_water*,expl_human*,fly1,0,1500,1,txt_shell_of471,he_expl_pat,rico_pat,piece_pat,0x1,1,1,1,1,0xffff4040,3,1,2,SHELL_HI,SHELLC_HI;

1 Shell name
2 0x01 - flag (flag 0х01 – takes a fire tracer, flag 0х10 – takes an ordinary spot)
3 %SHELL_HE% - type
4 D25T  - gun name
5 781 - start speed , m/s
6 49 - gun long, means "caliber", which shell start speed is adopted
7 0.45 - HE influence 
8 0.3 - a vector normal, where ricochet has a start
9 0 -  cumulative effect (diameter for the core SHELL_HC, hollow-charge?)
10 1 - explosive effect
11 1 - fragment effect
12 0 - fire effect
13 25 - shell mass, kg
14 3.6 - explosive material mass, kg
15 0.2 - air resistance, k1
16 9 - gravity influence, m/s^2
17 standard deviation (КВО) at "х"
18 standard deviation (КВО) at "у"
19  destruction tendency
20 engine time working (gas generator), s
21 wind effect
22 air resistance k2
23 air resistance k3
24 ground hit sound
26 armor hit sound
27 build hit sound
28 water hit sound
29 human hit sound
30 fly1 - shell fly sound
31 0 -  AI types aim
32 1500 - valid range , m
33 shoot penalty for AI
34 text name
35 explosive pattern
36 ricochet pattern
37 fragment pattern
38 0х1 - shell mode working (0 - no explosive, 0х1 - strike, 0х2 - delay, 0х4 - input range)
39 1 - explosive time, ms
40 1 - minimum delay time, ms
41 1 - maximum delay time, ms
42 1 - step number
43 0xffff4040 - tracer color 
44 3 - tracer firing time, s
45 1 - shell reliability action(HE penetration)
46 2 - shell sprite number for interface
47 SHELL_HI - shell object name
48 SHELLC_HI - shell case name

Provocative signature removed
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »

@JohnN

Hi mate my JSGME activated mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\MODS]

Compass_mod.v02
Free Camera Mod (Eng)
gunsight_dam_fix_12
Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta
SPM1.5_beta_fix
SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch
Steel_Sound_Mod_collection
No Screen Text
MG34Fixed
Rends_Prokhorovka_Version1
Better Head Movement for Tank Crews (for SF MOD 1.4)
Grey_251_Halftracks
KythMission01
KythMission02
KythMission03
KythMission04
KythMission05
KythMission06
KMarkingsv0.2
Sk250c10fix
Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
WideScreen Bug Fix
T35_in_attack_v1.1e

Hope it helps mate, I'm running in 1920x1080 @60Hz, good luck.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering "No Screen Text" mod is a mod I made to disable all subtitle text such as turn right, halt etc. etc. as I make movies and didn't want this text visible but still wanted game sound.

Best Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »

John unless you have a game that 's outside the norm you must be doing soemthing wrong because if you save the changes to your tech_cfg or common res folders then the changes should apply to your game!

Either you are making the changes into the wrong folders or you making chnages then closing the folders without saving the changes?

Did you go into the data/K42/loc_rus/level/LEVELS/tech_cfg folders.Open say the Panther D folder with notepad or microsoft word. Make a minor change; just say replace the existing quantity of AP shells from 36 to 55.Then save the changes , close the folder and just play the game.If there's no change reflected into yoru game then your game installation is flawed or corrupt...
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2011, 09:04:33 AM »

By the way, regarding the tech_cfg file for the Tiger, it contains settings for three variants, namely the TigerA (?), TigerSS (!!) and TigerSt (a dug-in obect).

I assume you want to change the shell count for all three variants,  Smiley so just take care to change all three relevant sections.

"Yes."
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »

Thanks everybody,

This game is very good but very challenging. Seems like what works for one doesnt for another. Must say the support is excellent which makes life tolerable.

just a few comments to ACES - tried to enable widescreen bug to fix my sights was all excited and it didnt work for me. Dont know what to do now. Few comments on your list of mods. The unofficial patch is supposed to be installed first and you have it nearly last goes to show you. The compass mod is in the sp mod 1.5 already and is not needed i believe. I think steel sound is also in sp mod 1.5. Id like to get that patch you wrote for no screen text!!! can you tell me what the free camera does and how it works.

Lockie whish parameter in the common res file is for reload time i looked on your list couldnt find.

Going to try that AA patch to better the graphics. Whats 1900 res like.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: