Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 12:14:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Desert Mod - Read This***  (Read 94521 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »

Hi,

As far as I know, the only other mod needed would be either SPM 1.4 or SPM 1.5.

SPM 1.5, being a 'beta', already has a 'beta-fix' patch and a 'beta translation' patch  Smiley

The required mods are displayed below (in the 'activated mods' list):

Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 07:16:43 AM »

GrÜssen Friedrich Wilhelm; A lot of exciting things have been happening since you last played SF.New mods, maps, vehicles, fixes etc.

If you are interested I will email you a number of new maps which came out with various mods including 10 which were meant to be used for the defunct, still-born Fall Blau addition to SF.As well there a couple of interesting autumn mods made by Lacjak which give SF to flavour of Fall.There are many good mods including Kyth's MG34 fix ( which allows MG34 teams to actually something userful besides being just canon fodder)Lockie's T35 Firing mod and SP 1.5 addon to the ME, Scotty's Broken Gunsight fix( which mercifully makes shattered reticles a thing of the past!),  SP 1.5 Marder addon which adds 2 new Marder II ( 131 and 132) to the Mission Editor.

Some of that stuff you can see visually for yourself if you go to the subsim forum in the photo galleries and check my SF photo album( 65 pics so far) entitled with a great deal of originality and research " SF pics " by Frinik Grin.Of course you have to log-on to be able to see it.

You'll see the landscapes produced by Lajcak's Autumn and Late Autumn mods and some of the new maps and vehicles as well.

PS:I am going to try adapting your 5 SP 1.4 missions to SP 1.5 so people can enjoy them.Not sure if I can succeed but I am definitely going to try!

Cheers
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 03:38:02 AM »

To Kyth:

Thank you! Here is what I have in my JGSME Folder:

What is the SPM1.5_beta_fix and where can I find it? What does it do? Is the order of mods in my JGSME correct, or is there a better way to do this? I noticed, for example, that you have the Unofficial Patch enabled BEFORE the Steel Panzer 1.5 beta mod. Are some of the mods I have enabled, like the Tiger E-Pack, or the Marder fix now obsolete?

To Frinik: Viele Gruesse zurueck! Wie geht's, wie steht's? I am certainly interested in new maps, vehicles, missions, etc, especially the Broken-Gunsight-Fix. Thank you for your offer. I had a look at the SF pics at Subsim. Very neat!
I hope that you will succeeed in adapting my old SP 1.4 missions for SP 1.5. Then I could play them again, too, without having to go back to my old SP 1.4 install.  Wink I am certainly in favor of offering them to the community, if you can get them to work in the SP 1.5 world.

Cheers,

FW
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 04:16:24 AM »

What is the SPM1.5_beta_fix and where can I find it? What does it do? Is the order of mods in my JGSME correct, or is there a better way to do this? I noticed, for example, that you have the Unofficial Patch enabled BEFORE the Steel Panzer 1.5 beta mod. Are some of the mods I have enabled, like the Tiger E-Pack, or the Marder fix now obsolete?

The SPM 1.5 beta fix includes the Marder fix and also some changes to the Luchs and the 'TigerSS' armour map.

It's available here:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3021012/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942_The_Es.html#Post3021012

The Unofficial patch can be installed either before or after SPM1.5, just have the mods installed in the sequence:
SPM 1.5
SPM 1.5 Beta fix
SPM 1.5 Beta English patch

Good luck!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 09:09:59 AM »

FW your Tiger eVI enhancement pack is not obsolete at all!!! I have it installed on all my SP Beta 1.5  installaitons and it works very well.In fact when I have included it in my own modification of a new sound mod made for Beta 1.5.I definitetely recommend the TigerVI epack as it gives a real nice camo to the Tiger I and that mixed rattling/coughing sound to the MG34 which I find way better than the stock sound.
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »

Hello Kyth, hello Frinik,

I shall try out the patch later on. Kyth, you wrote: "The SPM 1.5 beta fix includes the Marder fix and also some changes to the Luchs and the 'TigerSS' armour map." There is a Luchs for SF now? Wow! And what is the Tiger SS armour map? I will search for it on the forum here later on.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

FW

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »

Yes there's a Luchs and it's tough little beast!In fact too tough it was nearly invincible so they had to apply a fix to avoid another 20 mm Terminator Grin

The Tiger SS is basically a Tiger with a tricolour camo reminiscent of the camo you made in your Tiger enhancement pack.Th ehting is without the fix that Tiger is unplayable as it gives you the white 001 screenie.
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »

FW your Tiger eVI enhancement pack is not obsolete at all!!! I have it installed on all my SP Beta 1.5  installaitons and it works very well.In fact when I have included it in my own modification of a new sound mod made for Beta 1.5.I definitetely recommend the TigerVI epack as it gives a real nice camo to the Tiger I and that mixed rattling/coughing sound to the MG34 which I find way better than the stock sound.

Just to set the record straight, it was not me who created the Tiger Enhancement pack. I don't mean to take credit for something I didn't create. The Tiger enhancements were done by ShoCkwaVe. I only supplied some of my Tiger missions to be included in ShoCkwaVe's pack.

Cheers,

FW
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 02:26:41 AM »

Sorry about the mistake! I then duly give credit to ShocK3Wave Smiley
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 03:30:49 AM »

Hello Kyth,

Before you will have to assert your authority as moderator and reign me in for pulling this thread off topic, I will steer it back towrad the desert mods. I have activated the mods as you showed in your screenshot. On top of the unofficial patch, SPM 1.5, SPM 1.5 fix and SPM 1.5 English patch, I have activated the Tiger-Epack. So far, so good. Knock on wood, but so far the game runs just fine on my machine with these mods. I have checked the mods at the mediafire link that you provided and many of them I did not know yet. Looks very interesting. Now, before I try to install the desert mods, I was wondering whether older mods, such as the enhanced head-movement mod for the T-34, or the free camera mod are already included in SPM 1.5. When I played the game today, I tried moving the mouse to change the viewing angle in outside view,  (F9), but nothing hasppened.
I will try to install the desert mods tomorrow. Are the desert maps, missions and skins to be enabled through JGSME, or do they have to be manually placed into the appropriate folders in the game?

Thanks for your help,

FW
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:36:36 AM by Friedrich-Wilhelm » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 03:39:52 AM »

I don't think the free-camera mod is included with SPM 1.5. Not so sure about the enhanced T-34 head movement,  Huh?

In the F9 view, the viewpoint is changed with the num-pad keys, e.g. '4' or '6'.

Incidentally,  Smiley The desert maps, missions and skins are intended to be enabled with JSGME,

Good luck and get playing!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:53:46 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »

The free cam mod is a stand alone mod.Does not always work the way it's intended.....
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 03:20:33 AM »

Hello Kyth, hello Frinik,

I installed the desert maps, skins and missions this evening as per instructions in the first post of this thread. So far, things seem to be fine. I played the Sidi Rezegh mission, took out 12 Valentines and one AT gun, beofe the infantry on the hill took me out with a single handgrenade.  Wink Let's see if I will get to the top of that hill next time.  Smiley

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,

FW
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 07:21:26 AM »

What position where you playing in the tank??? Grin

A simple hand grenade?You must have left a hatch open....

As I said in my email I will start sending you mods and missions you may have missed.

Cheers

PSD: don't forget to close your hatches....
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »

Hi Frinik,

I usually close all hatches once any shooting starts and fight completely "buttoned up." I was switching between the commander and gunner positions in the Pz IV F2. In SF, the infantry seems to be able to kill any tanks with just one handgrenade at short range. This is a glitch that has been in the game  for as long as I can remember.

Looking forward to your mods.

Cheers,

FW

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »

I know! In this game the infantry throws grenades like some throw eggs and rotten tomatoes during a bad concert Grin

Often they kill themselves while doing it dying with threatrical screams.....

I ll take a look at the common res and def files se if I can find a way to address this problem....
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 03:26:25 AM »

@ Kyth:

The installation of your desert package went really smoothly. Thank you for offering it in this neatly packaged format. I just finished playing the last of the three desert missions. Very neat! I remember at least two of them from earlier incarnations of the desert mod. Did you create the third? Are there more desert missions? Let's see if I can get the desert maps to work in the mission editor. I would like to try making my own desert missions, too.

@ Frinik:

If you could fix the overkill-handgrenade problem, that would be nice. Was it really possible to knock out a PZ IV, or even heavier tanks with just one handgrenade, thrown at a distance of 50 metres, other than with a very lucky hit into an open hatch or on top of an engine grill? As far as relatives who fought on the German side on the Eastern front of WW II told me, at least T-34 could not easily be dealt with in this way. One actually had to get very close and use a package of grenades, or later a hollow-charge magnetic device.

Cheers,

FW
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:41:57 AM by Friedrich-Wilhelm » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 04:41:18 AM »

No way a grenade could kill a tank unless it's a panzer I or II and even then It's more likely the grenade would bounce off the armour! Plus a grenade does not have the concussive or explosive power to do more than dent the metal or scratch the paint.

Right now I am trying the tweak the HE which in the game are insufficient when it comes to dealing with the infantry.I have managed to increase the explosive power but I am looking at ways of including shrapnel to make the shells more efficient.Right now you pretty much have to lob the shell on top of the infantry to have any real killing power!

Re the desert mission there are only 4 that i know of.Unfortunately the Russians and the Germans at NSU stopped making more.

Have you managed to extract the map from the Road to Sidi Rezegh in your ME?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:45:54 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 04:49:05 AM »

@ Kyth:

The installation of your desert package went really smoothly. Thank you for offering it in this neatly packaged format. I just finished playing the last of the three desert missions. Very neat! I remember at least two of them from earlier incarnations of the desert mod. Did you create the third? Are there more desert missions? Let's see if I can get the desert maps to work in the mission editor. I would like to try making my own desert missions, too.

I'm not sure who made the 3rd mission ("Tobruk"). Fabianfred, I think. There are 2 more desert missions and a map, made as a 'demo' in the early days; the link is here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D53675%26page%3D2&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »

FW btw I have found a way to make your Tiger single misisons work in Beta 1.5.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: