Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Desert Mod - Read This***  (Read 94530 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: February 20, 2011, 04:32:22 AM »

Hi everyone,

As promised, I have rearranged and compiled the map and mission files into 3 easy downloads, for activation in JSGME.
(You may need to deactivate any existing 'Desert Mods' which you already have) :

1. Desert Mod Maps

Download here (74MB):
http://www.4shared.com/file/z9xQY8nf/DesertModMaps.html

Includes
  • 'alex_poly_01' (needed for 'Africa_1' mission, also known as the Battle for Sidi Rezegh)
  • 'desert1' (needed for the 'afrikakorps_01' mission)
  • 'hill206_1' (needed for the 'Tobruk2' mission)

It looks like 'desert1' and 'hill206_1' can be used in the Mission Editor for new missions. If you want that, you'll need to add them into the 'user_regpoly.engcfg' file like this:

regpoly()
{
   desert1;
   hill206_1;
} // end of regpoly

or, you can rename the backup file, user_regpoly.txt as user_regpoly.engcfg.

2. Desert Mod Missions

Download here (4MB):
http://www.4shared.com/file/4uAQsun9/DesertModMissions.html

I have grouped the 3 missions (Africa_1, afrikakorps_01 and Tobruk2) into a 'campaign' under the imaginative name of ... Desert Mod Missions.  Smiley

The first 2 missions have been given a Google translation for the briefing & objectives, map and in-game messages. Other than that, all the missions are 'as is' and unmodified.

You will need to add the following line to the 'camp_list.engcfg' file:

camp\desert_camp.engcfg, desertmod,txt_cm_camp_desertmod,true,img_pz4;

3. Desert Mod Skins

Download here (123MB):
http://www.4shared.com/file/pBgcW0Je/DesertModSkins.html

Last but not least, this mod gives everyone and everything a nice desert-coloured paintjob Wink

You might want to deactivate this mod later, if you want to return to the Russian front.
The missions and maps will remain compatible with the game. By the way, the Desert Mod is compatible with both SPM 1.4 and SPM 1.5, so no need to 'downgrade'.  Smiley

Good luck, everybody,

PS
Four missions from `Desert mod` were included into Mission Pack 3.x
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:23:42 AM by lockie » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 04:56:03 AM »

If everything's installed properly, the missions will show up like this:

Thanks,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:48:46 AM »

Great stuff Kyth a big thank you for your friendly, efficient and well organised service.

BTW I emailed you the Tobruk2 datapack s well as both hill206_map and hill206_1 maps in datapack format for those who would prefer to simply install those datapack files into their game map editors.Sent you 2 new maps as well and some other stuff earlier my morning.

Cheers! Cheesy
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:29:51 AM »

Hi Frinik,

Thanks for the help,

And for new-comers, I hope this compilation reduces all the confusion and saves precious game-time! Wink

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »

Great work, Kyth, thanks!

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »

Speaking of Desert mod I read on the panzersim forum that NSU, the German team who made the AkrikaKorps01 mission, is still working, albeit slowly, on the desert mod.They were showing a map with palm trees and an oasis so there's hope that it might bring new things but it will take time as these guys play a lot of sims and fps( TvsT multiplayer, Red Orchestra etc) and they do a lot of modding right and left... Still there's hope..

I wish I could import some of the gorgeous maps they have in the games Soldiers Heroes of WWII/Men of War, Theatre of War, or Codename Panzers etc.Ahhhh we would be as happy as pigs in s....t Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »

I assume this is the 'Bir el Unity' map, which was shown nearly a year ago  Roll Eyes

I'm afraid all their attentions are focused on multiplayer games (massive and otherwise)

Don't think we can expect much from them for 'Steel Fury', although I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong  Sad

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »

Multiplayer would be welcome.

Frankly, I don't see much appeal with "hiding behind your box" and just playing single-player scenarios. Lack of multiplayer is actually a big NEGATIVE for this particular sim, and explains why I haven't fully given myself over to exploring it.

As long as one doesn't go the idiotic "World of Tanks" route and totally make an arcade game of it... MMOG is always the way to go.

[rant] What is UP with WOT anyway? Sounds like Walmart for armored vehicles. What an incredible waste of resources to come up with yet another "capture the flag" "pick the ueberest vehicle you can find" geekfest?

Can't anyone be satisfied with a good, honest, accurate portrayal of history, so we can explore tactics in a realistic environment? Jeez..... [/rant]

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

NSU is focussing on TvsT multi nplayer.They ve made a series of South Russia maps which ook very good.AS for Sf I think you re right Kyth it s not their priority.

As for multiplayer it ain t for me.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 03:43:17 AM »

Multiplayer would be welcome.

Frankly, I don't see much appeal with "hiding behind your box" and just playing single-player scenarios. Lack of multiplayer is actually a big NEGATIVE for this particular sim, and explains why I haven't fully given myself over to exploring it.

As long as one doesn't go the idiotic "World of Tanks" route and totally make an arcade game of it... MMOG is always the way to go.

[rant] What is UP with WOT anyway? Sounds like Walmart for armored vehicles. What an incredible waste of resources to come up with yet another "capture the flag" "pick the ueberest vehicle you can find" geekfest?

Can't anyone be satisfied with a good, honest, accurate portrayal of history, so we can explore tactics in a realistic environment? Jeez..... [/rant]

Well anyway, I hope that doesn't stop you from enjoying the Desert Mod missions.  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »

Well as you s
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 04:39:42 AM »

My post just jumped ahead of me and posted itself before i finished it??? Huh?

As ou said WOT is the Walmart of tank games.The bottom line is Walmart is successful at what they do and rake a lot of profit.There you go!You have your answer WOT makes money and attracts lots of arcade type game fans.... Real sims do not turn people on except those who like realism..
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

THANK YOU ALL for getting this entire set of maps and scenarios collected and installable and clearly documented!!!!! This is so long overdue, I can't tell you!!!!

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads-up, additional map and missions available for all you Afrika-korps fans.

As I recall, these were cooked up quickly to 'demo' the mod possibilities of SF. Now made available for everyone to enjoy (you'll have to scroll down quite a bit):

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D53675%26page%3D2&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »

Played them and frankly they are sleepers ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.I finished the first one in 10 minutes blasting 3 tanks.That  mission is mismatched; 5 tanks with pop guns and some infantry against Panzer IIIs and IVs backed up by AT guns and infantry...

Downloaed that mod yesterday from Avia for the map but while it loads in my map editor it crashes the moment I try to use it. Angry
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »

Downloaed that mod yesterday from Avia for the map but while it loads in my map editor it crashes the moment I try to use it. Angry

Huh?

When does it crash?

I edited my copy of the map yesterday. There was an alarming amount of greenery at the edges, not desert-like at all.
I extended the sand terrain to cover the whole map and regenerated it. Instant desertification  Wink

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 01:28:35 AM »

It crashes( gives me the white screen) the moment I try to create a mission with it.Bah anyway that map is not really appealing.I preferred user mission 02 with the Mathilda.Tring to win a mission with that creaking, squaeking washing machine is really a challenge!Killled a Panzer IVF2, a IVF1 and a Panzer III and then another IVF2 took care of me but at leats I survived 10 minutes whereas my poor fellowtanks died within minutes of the mission starting Grin

Yeah I was also surprised to move from green pastures straight into the Sahara!  Too bad they did not create palm trees, white square houses the type you see in North Africa, oasis etc.Compare those maps to the desert maps in Panzer Elite and they are really minimal. Sad
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 02:16:31 AM »

Hi Frinik,

I've emailed you the revised (without grass) map as a datapack, try to regenerate the map from there,

Mission 7 datapack also in the mail, hope you get that problem worked out soon!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »

Thanks Kyth you´re a gentleman and also a scholar! Smiley

Will try both and report to you!

Meanwhile I have been playing with the new maps.

Have you explored Best polypack map ? IT´s very scenic but unfortunately too ragged to play tank missions.I tried qnd hqlf the tqnks ended up in the sea, studidly plunging off the cliffs like lemmings.... Shocked

Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 01:50:06 AM »

Hello Kyth,

Thank you for sharing the desert maps, missions and paintschemes. I just downloaded them, but have not installed them yet. Because I have been away from Steel Fury for quite a while, I do not know which other mods are required to get this desert package to work.
Please post a list of mods that are necessary to make these work.

Thanks for your help,

FW

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: