Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 08:26:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Mission has been your favourite so far?  (Voting closed: March 25, 2011, 02:56:49 AM)
Mission 1 (Welcome to the Front) - 0 (0%)
Mission 2 (The Big Uglies) - 1 (50%)
Mission 3 (Hedgehog at Potatopov) - 0 (0%)
Mission 4 (Darkest Before Dawn) - 0 (0%)
Mission 5 (Over the River & Thru the Woods) - 0 (0%)
Mission 6 (Battle of the Flea-bitten Village) - 1 (50%)
Mission 7 (Hell's Mud-Way) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Unscientific Poll About my Home-made Missions.  (Read 24606 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 03, 2011, 06:27:17 AM »

Choose carefully  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »

Kyth you are asking too much!As far as I am concerned. I have liked all your missions except for number 7 which I haven't been able to play .The one I liked the least was the night mission( mission number 2) because withotu flares or any type of lighting it was hard to figure out who was who.

I think the interest of your missions lie in their variety.If I were to give you one type of misions then monotony would ensue. Already in the stock game I have too much of the rehashing the same mission and giving it another title.So I won't give you a favourite... Cheesy
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:50:25 AM »

Hi Frinik,

About Mission 7, try checking the mission files, whether they're in the correct folders?

In my "experience" with multiple installs, this could be the problem, i.e. mission actually enabled in a different install?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »

Absolutely Kyth I checked and rechecked each and every folder.I have been installing mods and missions for 3 years now so I know pretty well what s needed to make them wotk.

Do you have the mission in your user-made folder or the single mission?May be you can send it to me as a datapack?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »

Hi Frinik,

It should be in the 'cm_user' folder, same as all the rest. I tried it on a fresh install, no problem,

I hope you have all the files as displayed below?

<Steel Fury main folder>\data\k42\loc_rus\
 |
 |
 |
 |---------------------------------------------------
 |                       |                          |
 levels\                 images\                    text\
 |                       |                          Mynewmissions.text
 |                       |                         
 LEVELS\                 backs\
 |                       Back_KY_07.tga
 |
 |
 |--------------------------------------------------
 cm_users\               scripts\                   weather\
 New_KY_07.level         |                          Weather_Kyth.engcfg
                         |
                         cm_users\
                         New_KY_07_script.engscr
                         New_KY_07_zones.engcfg
                         New_KY_07_loc_data.text

If all else fails, you may want to try doing it on a fresh install  Undecided

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 06:03:24 PM »

Sorry I think I was confusing in my question? I was asking if you have your missions in the user made menu of your game not folder.

I ll check again all the folders you mention see if anything is missing.It might be some text file as I have the mission in my user made missions menu but without the proper title.

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »

Already in the stock game I have too much of the rehashing the same mission and giving it another title.So I won't give you a favourite... Cheesy

I'd like to produce a rehashed version of 'Nepokrytoe' for the Panzer III, but that's already been done  Grin

Maybe something like that for the T-70.  If it ever makes an appearance!!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 04:30:00 AM »

Kyth I have a suggestion; why don't you remake the existing Panzer III missions in the game.They're just clones of the original 10  Panzer IV campaign ones and not terribly challenging.I am sure you could do a better job make significant changes, add a little more variety and suspense etc????That would be terrific....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:34:34 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 07:09:41 AM »

I've shortened the question; should be a little easier to make a choice now.  Sad

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:36:27 AM »

There! I have been a good boy and voted!But I hate voting because sometimes you like more thna one and it forces you to make what is an artificial choice Sad

What do you think of my suggestion?To remake/modify the stock game Panzer III campaign?

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 08:04:21 AM »

What do you think of my suggestion?To remake/modify the stock game Panzer III campaign?

Nah, I think most people like it that way. Easy to play, and inspirational. (To swop the tank for something else, that is  Roll Eyes)

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »

To everyone reading, the good thing about unscientific polls is, you get to answer the first thing that pops into mind.

Go ahead, it's good for you...  Shocked

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

Y
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »

Your first mission was excellent so was Hedgehog at Potatopov, The Big Uglies is my least favourite the 6th is very good , the 7th still a mystery the other 2 good but not as good as my 3 favourites..There! You have my complete poll of your missions.

Cheers Cheesy

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »

Thanks!  Cheesy

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 03:47:35 AM »

Kyth thanks for mission # 7!.Did not go so well for me Roll Eyes Those damned AT guns you skilfully placed took their toll on me.Everyt time they would kill me before I had a chnace to be able to take a shot at them.Not to mention my wingmen who also got killed early.However as you said ther's more thna one way to skin a cat.I ll try a new tack and outflank them from the deep valley ...We shall see 8)

BTW whenever I try to access your file share download site for the desert mods and missions I get the message that the link is no longer valid Huh?

PS; how do you feel about Graviteam's next tank sim Steel Armour Blaze of War? Interested? Planning on buying it?I know I am it looks very good and if the ME is as easy to use as SF's  Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 03:57:25 AM »

Huh?

The links for the Desert Mod still work, could have been a temporary interruption,

About Steel Armour, that would depend, whether it covers the Arab-Israeli conflicts, other than that it's not really my 'cup of tea'.

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »

Kyth thanks for mission # 7!.Did not go so well for me Roll Eyes Those damned AT guns you skilfully placed took their toll on me.Everyt time they would kill me before I had a chnace to be able to take a shot at them.Not to mention my wingmen who also got killed early.However as you said ther's more thna one way to skin a cat.I ll try a new tack and outflank them from the deep valley ...We shall see 8)

A good idea would be to take a 'hull down' position when blasting away the  AT  Smiley There are quite a few of them. The Panzer II's usually do a good job of distracting them  Grin

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 02:59:59 AM »

Hey everyone,

Only one response so far!
Please put in your preference, every vote counts!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »

The map Africa 01 that you emailed me is not the one I expected.It appears to be the map used for user 01 and 02.The map I really wanted is the one used in Stone 2009 mission the Road to Sidi Rezegh which features a Panzer IVF2 along with other panzer IVs , stugs and  apcs taking on a fortified Soviet position in a valley(wadi)with the Soviets controlling the heights and valley with artillery, AT guns and Valentine tanks.Do you have that map by any chance?I tried to find the download link to that mission(which I have ) but they're all outdated.Kyth why don't you face it I am the majority  Grin

My experience with fora has been that people are keen on getting help, advice, mods and missions but not so keen when you ask them for input.Let's hope some will wake up and be heard! Huh?

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »

The map Africa 01 that you emailed me is not the one I expected.It appears to be the map used for user 01 and 02.The map I really wanted is the one used in Stone 2009 mission the Road to Sidi Rezegh which features a Panzer IVF2 along with other panzer IVs , stugs and  apcs taking on a fortified Soviet position in a valley(wadi)with the Soviets controlling the heights and valley with artillery, AT guns and Valentine tanks.Do you have that map by any chance?I tried to find the download link to that mission(which I have ) but they're all outdated.

Sad to say Stone2009's mission didn't include the datapack for the map. I only have the large polypack file, which I included in the Desert Mod Maps download file.

My experience with fora has been that people are keen on getting help, advice, mods and missions but not so keen when you ask them for input.Let's hope some will wake up and be heard!

Undecided

Every vote counts, people!

"Yes."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: