Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 01:57:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Scripting discussion  (Read 27777 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:15 AM »

Just uncovering something that should have been in the manual, in the first place  Smiley

Something else not covered in the manual, I'm still puzzling out what the 'load_gv' and 'save_gv' script commands are supposed to do? Are they supposed to load / save zero's and one's to initiate some other trigger?

Huh?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:54 AM »

OK Pupil Lockie I will take my cue from Master Kyth Grin

Still Lockie I am cutrious why is your mission called w03_Ozerki if it's supposed to be on the w07_Fedorovska map???Or was it just a mistake in your post?Huh?

hey Kyth could you PM me your sheep-counting mission too please.Nothing better than counting Panzer IIIs at night when sleep is hard to come by Wink
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »

One sheep-counting mission, coming right up!  Wink

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »

Thank you Baaaaaayyyyyy ry much Kyth!

BTW I found a way to enable Anti aliasing without impacting too negatively the fps in the game through Catalyst suite for those with an ATI card it took me a lot of experimenting and enabling and disabling but the result is satisfactory.I just used 4 X though but for those with high end ATI gpus they can easily push to 8X without any problems.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »

It's getting more interesting. I placed the other unit wer_platoon_htann17 (3*tiger SS) and again only one trigger worked tr_ger_01.
Code:
tr_ger_01, 0x2000f, ger_tnk_01:AA, 1.500;
tr_ger_02, 0x2000f, ger_tnk_01:AB, 1.500;
tr_ger_03, 0x2000f, ger_tnk_01:AC, 1.500;
So, I had to change the params of other and it started to work.
tr_ger_01, 0x2000f, ger_tnk_01:AA, 1.500;
tr_ger_02, 0x2000f, ger_tnk_01:BA, 1.500;
tr_ger_03, 0x2000f, ger_tnk_01:CA, 1.500;
There was a funny thing, I shot down the tank, but trigger didn't work and only when I shot all crew members it worked.
It means that the game engine reacts only on the crew members?

Still Lockie I am cutrious why is your mission called w03_Ozerki if it's supposed to be on the w07_Fedorovska map???Or was it just a mistake in your post?Huh?
yes, it was mistake, cause there were a several missions vs similar names Smiley

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »

I'm guessing that the Effectiveness / 'Efficiency' of the tank is a combination of the systems and the crew. (Recall the Damage-tracking, as seen in the after-battle statistics display?)
I've noticed that all the tech_cfg and hum_cfg files have 'Effect' values to them - These could be how the game calculates and tracks the original effectiveness vs reduction from battle damage and losses.

The 'TigerSS' tank being particularly durable  Smiley, a lot of its systems may still be intact when it's abandoned by the crew  Shocked
Actually the main puzzle is why the AI Tiger crew would abandon their tank so readily?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:18:29 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 09:14:37 AM »

I'm guessing that the Effectiveness / 'Efficiency' of the tank is a combination of the systems and the crew. (Recall the Damage-tracking, as seen in the after-battle statistics display?)
I thought in this way also, but not now. U may see that AI doesn't react on the enemy technique without crew. Damage-tracking is supposed to be only for the statistics and conditions when the crew will leave the tank.

I've noticed that all the tech_cfg and hum_cfg files have 'Effect' values to them - These could be how the game calculates and tracks the original effectiveness vs reduction from battle damage and losses.
Yes, I think one soldier = 1 effect, which means i.e. T-34-76 = 15 soldiers

Actually the main puzzle is why the AI Tiger crew would abandon their tank so readily?
Perhaps it depends on the crew morale?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »

I am equally puzzled by the inconsistent behaviour of the AI when it comes to how the damage to a given tank or vehicle decides whether they are going to bail out of it or not. I saw several cases where just a damaged track will compell the crew to abandon it whereas other tanks with heavier damage; tracks, sights, or some crew members killed and with multiple impact will keep on fighting until destruction of the tank or too many crew members are killed.

As the AI can't think and act on its own there 's got to be trigger points whithin the armour tga files  -  a bit like the energy or vital poinst in traditional Chinese medicine - that when hit tell the AI to either abandon the vehicle or simply stop shooting at it...

Still, it's absolutely fascinating how programmers have been able to, eerily at times, replicate human behaviour through simple lines of code....

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

Another puzzle - how does the command "sector" work?
According to the manual, this is a "turn" at the definite position in degrees.
... but it doesn't work. Well, it works somehow, but the tank is always turn into zero position, no matter what the degrees u've been appointed.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »

Hi,

Couldn't get the 'sector' command to work, either.

I suspect it has to be in combination with some other command or mode of movement,  Huh?

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »

Another strange thing happens. I can't fill up the shells.
It's a simple script, I've to go to the contour cont_tr_shells and should've been filled up vs shells, but I didn't.
Code:
sc_shells()
{

ext, wait_tr, tr_obj_store;
ext, ai_set_shellc, BR350A, 100;
}
The quantity of shells still the same. Kyth, could u check out my script and tell what's wrong?
Polygon "fedorovka".
d/l mission: http://www.4shared.com/file/uTcJrRiS/07_fedorovka.html

Would be pleased.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 03:22:35 PM »

Any orders issued at the briefing screen will override the script (including the set_shellc line).

It only works if you proceed straight into the game, without orders, and drive over using the in-game commands.

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »

Any orders issued at the briefing screen will override the script (including the set_shellc line).
Yes, I know. I went straight into the game without any commands at the brief screen, but script didn't work.
Please, pick up my mission and give er expert investigation Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »

Well it did work for me, so I can't find any problem  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:26:29 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »

Well it did work for me, so I can't find any problem  Smiley

Kh-mm... Du u know what it does?
It does - I've to re-install the game Sad
Shit...
Anyway, thx for er help!
 I don't know where i did a mistake Sad

ps
...and the re-instalation didn't help... Interesting.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:20:55 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 01:05:19 AM »

It’s a pretty ridiculous thing. The game fooled me naturally. I was about to become crazy, but I couldn’t force the game to execute the script applied to the user tank/platoon. In particular, the simplest scripts as “fill up the shells”, “move to the defined contour” didn't work at all. I had to do the hell a lot of idiotic things: reinstall game, video drivers, NET framework, delete profile….
And finally, the hack was in a check box “Do as me”. As soon as, I unchecked this stupid feature, all scripts started to work. Take my breath away, dismissed Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »

HI  Lockie! Would you be kind enough to explain how in the ME can you re-supply shells?Is it in the scripts or the triggers?

Cheers
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »

Would you be kind enough to explain how in the ME can you re-supply shells?
What it does ME? And if u want just simple re-supply/fill up the quantity of the shells, u may take my training mission and have a look how it does:
http://www.4shared.com/file/uTcJrRiS/07_fedorovka.html
(polygon fedorovka)
 In short:
1. U've to create a script vs defined types of shells
2. Create a contour+trigger. When the player tank will get in - trigger re-switch and u'll get the desired quantity of shells.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »

Thanks Lockie! Downlaoded your mission will see how it works! Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »

Just note that any movement orders given in the Briefing Screen will override the script, make it 'jump off the rails' so to speak.
That makes the re-supply script useful only in some rare cases, like the Matilda shooting tutorial, where you're being railroaded from point to point  Sad

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: