Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 11:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible workaround for GUI being changed to RU  (Read 4737 times)
peashooter1
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »

Hey Guys,
First off I want to express my thanks to those modders who have and are still expanding our SFK42 world, we are most grateful Smiley. Unfortunately the only side effect of these newer mod's is that it changes the English versions of SFK42's GUI to Russian. I might have stumbled upon a solution late last night. I have not been able to test this workaround throughly so I wanted to get this out there so hopefully other English SFK42 users can help test this and see if it's a bonafide solution. As we know the Tiger Mod 0.98 is the latest mod so lets use this in the JSGME activation process.
1). First deactivate your SFK42 mods in JSGME (this may not be needed but I did it just to make sure SFK42 was back to it's orginal state).
2). Reactivate all your mods, except Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng mod).
3). Your last activated mod should be the Tiger_Mod_v0.98.
4). Now activate the Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng mod it will want to overwrite 3 files, one for SFK42, one for SP 1.4 and one for Tiger Mod 0.98, let it do so. So when you look at activated mods in the JSGME window instead of the Tiger Mod 0.98 being last the Unofficial Patch SF v0.1 eng mod will be last.
Restart SFK42, your loading screen, in GUI should all be changed back to English. I have tried three missions in three different campaigns (Tiger, KV-2 and IS-2) and all appears normal. I will do some more testing today, but so far everything appears to work as it should.
Cheers.
peashooter1
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »

Just an update, so far so good with adding the Unofficial Patch last in JSGME. The only small problem I found so far was with the IS-2 campaign. The campaign brief is in English but the individual mission briefs are now in Russian. The orders you recieve in game via subtitles are in English so it's not too hard to figure out what your suppose to do despite the mission briefs being in Russian. All other campaigns briefs and mission briefs with the other vehicals are in English as was before so no other changes to report on that aspect. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: