Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SUCCESS: Forcing Anti-Aliasing is possible in this game  (Read 23437 times)
TeachDJ
Oberleutnant

« on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »

I just found out how to force AA in this game and it is awesome.

Look here...at page 11

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336854&page=11

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:41:08 PM »

Dj I tried your link but unfortunetly my IP address is banned from your forum.Apparently because too much spam comes for there?Huh?

Anyway I ma not sure what the big deal is exactly?Through my ATI gpu catalyst suite I am able to enable/set AA if I want to.I have done it and yes it does make a difference but unfortunately the fps take a hit!!!! You can´t use AA from inside the gqme becqause there´s no option but they never said you couldn´t set it from the outside.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:58:55 PM »

The link is a discussion about the nVidia Inspector tool, which is supposed to provide anti-aliasing compatibilty.

Well as a matter of fact, it is a big deal, given the lack of AA in-game, and it's always nice to get the graphics to look better,

Though I haven't tried it myself  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:07:08 PM »

It's very interesting info. I'll try it.
============

THE HELL YEAH! It works  Cheesy
Thanks TeachDJ for the useful info!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:17:57 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:58:52 PM »

Sorry I use ATI Radeon but the good news is that also possible for through the catalyst suite 11.2 version(last release).

One thing I have uncovered; uncoupling the game res from the screen res( by uncliking the Use Desktop resolution button in the game Main Settings Menu makes a difference) Before I had blurriness and shimmering in my game now it's gone but I had to readjust the gamma, brightness and contrast sliders as my screen is not as crisp and bright as before.With hte readjustments though very little difference and the fps are better.
TeachDJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:13 AM »

Yeah. With my GTX 560 TI card, I was unable to force AA in game unless I used the NVIDIA Inspector tool for AA compatibility. Now the game looks soooo much better.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 05:25:53 AM »

Teach you have a pretty powerful card!What kind of fps do you get? What res do you use? Are you able to enable the anisotropic slider all the way up in your game?

Cheers
TeachDJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 04:06:20 AM »

Yes I can. I can turn it all the way up. I find 8x MSAA is great.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 05:47:29 AM »

Your specs are definitely top notch.I am fariad a lot of SF players have more modest cpus and gpus and will have to use lower settings. You don´t experience any shimmering or blurriness with either the foliage or the fences and stockades in the game?

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:50:46 PM »

BTW.
It is a chance to rise up the framerate. To do that u've to switch off the vertical synchronization in videodriver setting. It'll boost a framerate to ~"+5" ones. Of course, it'll cost u vs a bit wrenching picture, but it's OK and doesn't really affect the gameplay to compare vs advantage.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:53:19 PM by lockie » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:39 AM »

BTW.
It is a chance to rise up the framerate. To do that u've to switch off the vertical synchronization in videodriver setting. It'll boost a framerate to ~"+5" ones. Of course, it'll cost u vs a bit wrenching picture, but it's OK and doesn't really affect the gameplay to compare vs advantage.

It sounds like quite a severe trade-off to me, I think I can live with 5 FPS less, Sad

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »

Actrually it's not that bad Kyth.I had already lowered the vertical synch and then decided to follow Lockie's advice and tunred it off cmpletely and yeah some gain in fps and no detectable difference in image quality!
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »

Hmmm, crazy but I couldn't find the "Anitalisaing compatibility" line, "Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942 - 0x000012C1" in the list ?  Huh? What i'm doing wrong ? Otherwise, I'm using well the Shell.exe to generate the AA....

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
natalia99a
Major

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 07:19:28 AM »

Jochem, Silent Fury wasn't in the list, just make a new profile named silent fury and add the offset in Antialiasing compatibility along with all other settings you want and apply changes.

Hope I didn't misunderstand what you needed, if so plz disregard  Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Luciano De Crescenzo
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »

Thanks Nat, I'll check it when I'll go home and tell you later if it's working Wink

Schuss!

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
tkairshows
Oberleutnant

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »

I'm a little late to the game but WOW what a difference. Thanks for the link!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »

I'm a little late to the game but WOW what a difference. Thanks for the link!
U're welcome Wink
In fact, the game has a poor possibility of AA. Well, actually AA is absent, but thanks to this catch we've ability to force the engine at least to 4xAA or even more!

hnbdgr
Major

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »

Hi guys, sorry to necro this old thread, does this apply to GTOS as well? many thanks!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »

GTOS has its own setting for AA. Why don't you ask this in the GTOS forum? Thread locked.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: