Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 11:16:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 7103 times)
moetdom
« on: March 11, 2010, 02:02:14 AM »

I discover the game and find it great. I have few questions though :

1. Is there a possibility to save a tactical battle before it ends (ex.: after 5 minutes)?

2. Is there a possibility to begin again a campaign that we already have begun (ex. : 1 or 2 turns) without creating a new profile ?

3. In the operational phase, I don't understand why we can't move two units to the same square. For example, in the River Mzha campaign (Russian side), we should be able to put two or more companies on one of those 1 km2 square. Why this limitation ?

4. In the first turns of that River Mzha campaign (Russian side), the weak infantry companies encounter the motorized German units wich are a lot more numerous. As far as we can not concentrate our troops at the operational phase, does it means that we have to refuse combat and retreat until we get sufficient troops to beat the opponents ?

5. How do we ask an infantry to fire to a certain spot AND stay stealthy ? How do we ask it to walk to a certain spot AND fire to a certain spot ?

Thanks for your help.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:50:46 AM »

1. Is there a possibility to save a tactical battle before it ends (ex.: after 5 minutes)?
No

2. Is there a possibility to begin again a campaign that we already have begun (ex. : 1 or 2 turns) without creating a new profile ?
Yes, Terminate (red button ) in global statistics

3. In the operational phase, I don't understand why we can't move two units to the same square.
Yes. One platoon = one square

For example, in the River Mzha campaign (Russian side), we should be able to put two or more companies on one of those 1 km2 square. Why this limitation ?
Lack performance on modern computers.

4. In the first turns of that River Mzha campaign (Russian side), the weak infantry companies encounter the motorized German units wich are a lot more numerous. As far as we can not concentrate our troops at the operational phase, does it means that we have to refuse combat and retreat until we get sufficient troops to beat the opponents ?
Why can not we?
In the battle involving platoons with the neighboring cells.
Put to the neighbor cell  AT guns and other infantry platoon and during concentrate forces in tactical battle (in one square).

5. How do we ask an infantry to fire to a certain spot AND stay stealthy ?
It's not realistic Smiley If you shoot you will be spotted soon.
Try to use hold fire command and mark prefferable targets.

How do we ask it to walk to a certain spot AND fire to a certain spot ?
Attack order and marks "spot" as prefferable target ([T]).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
moetdom
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »

Thanks for this very quick answer.

Why can not we?
Put to the neighbor cell  AT guns and other infantry platoon and during concentrate forces in tactical battle (in one square).

Yes. I did try it in the River Mzha campaign (Russian side). On the first turn, I put my anti-tank unit near a infantry unit controlled by the computer. But this infantry unit went straight to encounter the motorized ennemy at the very end of the map and got destroyed very fast (instead of staying near my cannons to protect them).

In fact, this computer controlled infantry unit was the one who decided to attack the ennemy during the operational phase, so it acts accordingly to its will. But it was obviously a suicide.

But may be realistic !?!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »

Thanks for this very quick answer.

Why can not we?

Yes. I did try it in the River Mzha campaign (Russian side). On the first turn, I put my anti-tank unit near a infantry unit controlled by the computer. But this infantry unit went straight to encounter the motorized ennemy at the very end of the map and got destroyed very fast (instead of staying near my cannons to protect them).

In fact, this computer controlled infantry unit was the one who decided to attack the ennemy during the operational phase, so it acts accordingly to its will. But it was obviously a suicide.

But may be realistic !?!

Scouting and attack does not separated in operational phase.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: