Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 11:25:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Entrenchment  (Read 8718 times)
moetdom
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:01:29 AM »

I tried to use the "Dig and Defend" button during the deployment phase. I used it on a unit that did not move since 2 turns. When the tactical battle began, I did not see any special entrenched position or posture with this unit. The soldiers were remaining standing, doing nothing special. Is there something I did wrong ?

Also, when a unit did not move the previous turn, it is considered to be entrenched (toothed circle). But when the tactical battle begins, there is nothing that shows any particular entrenchment for the unit : all soldiers are standing or crouching on normal ground, as do any other soldiers. How entrenched soldiers are supposed to act ?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »

I tried to use the "Dig and Defend" button during the deployment phase. I used it on a unit that did not move since 2 turns. When the tactical battle began, I did not see any special entrenched position or posture with this unit. The soldiers were remaining standing, doing nothing special. Is there something I did wrong ?

Also, when a unit did not move the previous turn, it is considered to be entrenched (toothed circle). But when the tactical battle begins, there is nothing that shows any particular entrenchment for the unit : all soldiers are standing or crouching on normal ground, as do any other soldiers. How entrenched soldiers are supposed to act ?

Select troops on deploy phase. Move it on green squares.
Press Intrench button (right-bottom).

Squads marked by green toothed half-circle. If half-circle is red - move squad to another square Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
moetdom
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »

Thanks Andrey for all your help.

Another question related to defensive posture : is there a way to modify the formation of a unit that is waiting for the ennemy (not entrenched and not moving). I would like sometimes that my soldiers stick together in a little wood, avoiding that one or two of them stay in the middle of the road located just beside the little wood. I tried the "formation thickness" attribute, but it seems to apply only to a movement order.

Also, the only way I found (other that entrench order) to make the soldier taking a very defensive posture is to ask them to hold fire, only then they accept to lie on the ground. Is there another way to make them protect themselves against the ennemy AND fire at the ennemy ?

Note : I enjoy that game. I think it could even be a challenger of the great old Combat Mission, but the interface is confusing and surprising. I try to get all the game can offer. (Example : I found weird that the line of sight showed only about half distance than a unit can see, until I understood that the LOS was aiming to the ground (literaly). Then, to know what a unit can really see, it is better to aim to a small tree about 1,5 meter high than aiming to an open space.)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »

Another question related to defensive posture : is there a way to modify the formation of a unit that is waiting for the ennemy (not entrenched and not moving). I would like sometimes that my soldiers stick together in a little wood, avoiding that one or two of them stay in the middle of the road located just beside the little wood. I tried the "formation thickness" attribute, but it seems to apply only to a movement order.
All modifiers apply _after_ new movement order.
This reflects real life. The commander did not "modify the orders" on the fly;)
In addon the command system will probably be more "hardest", ie will likely be delayed and incorrect execution of orders.

Also, the only way I found (other that entrench order) to make the soldier taking a very defensive posture is to ask them to hold fire, only then they accept to lie on the ground. Is there another way to make them protect themselves against the ennemy AND fire at the ennemy ?
Hold fire (no shot) order is one way to lie on the ground manually

Note : I enjoy that game. I think it could even be a challenger of the great old Combat Mission, but the interface is confusing and surprising. I try to get all the game can offer. (Example : I found weird that the line of sight showed only about half distance than a unit can see, until I understood that the LOS was aiming to the ground (literaly). Then, to know what a unit can really see, it is better to aim to a small tree about 1,5 meter high than aiming to an open space.)
We tried to interface with one hand allowed to do any action, but not directly. At the same time not contain a "mysterious" commands and did not interfere with AI.

In the addon will check area of view.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: