Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 01:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About 5.16 update  (Read 11460 times)
moet
Oberleutnant

« on: April 20, 2010, 01:10:07 PM »

I installed the 5.16 update for Achtung Panzer.

In the "read me", we can read that "Targets visible to a selected unit or vehicle are now highlighted".

I started a new battle and I did not notice any difference about "visible targets" compared to the previous game version.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »

Hi moet,
Just tried it myself, and i can confirm when you select a unit the enemy units that can be seen are highlighted in a LIGHT BLUE colour as opposed to Dark Blue for other units.
And the map now rotating to North is a nice touch.
I would like to have seen a few more alterations to the "Realism" ie,
In the game settings the option to:
1) Be able to disable the "Gods eye view" (lock to ground view only).
2) Disable enemy contacts on the map altogether.
3) Have a variable (Read Realistic) delay between orders being given, and orders being carried out.
4) Be able to disable the "Green halo" around units when you select them!
5) Allow the hotkeys to work when the interface is hidden, so theres a nice uncluttered screen.

It just needs a few little tweaks here and there to make a Great Game even better!
moetdom
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »

Just tried it myself, and i can confirm when you select a unit the enemy units that can be seen are highlighted in a LIGHT BLUE colour as opposed to Dark Blue for other units.

I didn't notice. I will look at it again.

I would like to have seen a few more alterations to the "Realism" ie,
In the game settings the option to:
1) Be able to disable the "Gods eye view" (lock to ground view only).
2) Disable enemy contacts on the map altogether.
3) Have a variable (Read Realistic) delay between orders being given, and orders being carried out.
4) Be able to disable the "Green halo" around units when you select them!
5) Allow the hotkeys to work when the interface is hidden, so theres a nice uncluttered screen.

I agree that this kind of options can give the player a maximum feeling of realism. May be they will appear on the "Operation Star" interface ?
moet
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:55:01 PM »

I tried again and still don't see these "highlighted ennemies". May be the update did not installed correctly.

Where or how can I check the game version I am using ?
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »

Hi moet,
When you first start the game it will say at the bottom of the screen Version 5.16 (474).
Just remember the install is in two parts,
After you download the patch, open the folder then first click on the big Red Star that says kharkov_patch 516e.
Start the game as normal and click on the "?" bottom right of the screen. This opens the installer. Click on "install" then find the folder "CORE_EN" (for the english version). Then in this folder click on "desc.addpack", then "Save and play".
And youre all done, enjoy. Grin

moet
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:24:01 AM »

When you first start the game it will say at the bottom of the screen Version 5.16 (474).

Thanks for the info. I can see "Version 5.16 (474)" at the bottom of the operational screen.

So I've updated the game, and I tried again : I select any of my units when some enemies are in LOS (units firing at each other) and I don't see any change in the color of the enemy icons. To be sure, I select a friend unit that is about 100 m from the enemy in clear terrain, and then I select another friend unit that is located 1 mile from the same enemy unit in the forest or behind a big hill, and I still don't see any difference in the look of the enemy unit.

So I still don't see the new feature "targets visible to a selected unit or vehicle are now highlighted".
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

Hi Moet,
Well i checked mine again and it seems ok to me,
So here goes: start your game as normal, switch to Map View. You will notice when you select a unit from the list on the right hand side it will be hightlighted in Yellow on the map and other friendly units will be Red (If youre German). Enemy units that can be seen by ANY of your units appear a Blue colour. But any of these enemy units that can only be seen by the INDIVIDUAL unit you have selected show up as a Light Blue . This of course only works in the map view. Selecting a unit that is not in LOS of the enemy just leaves all the enemy units Blue , and you dont notice any difference. I hope this explains it a bit better.
moet
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »

Quite clear explanation. I did not know that this feature was only active on the map view (you mean "map" view, not "mini-map" view), which I don't normally use.

But any of these enemy units that can only be seen by the INDIVIDUAL unit you have selected show up as a Light Blue .
This light blue appears on the closest enemy units in map view (and also on the battlefied by the way), but it does not change to dark blue if I select one of my units that obviously can not see that ennemy.

I can't explain why it does not work well on my computer (?).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:58:39 AM by moet » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: