Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:56:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 3337 times)
UsF
Oberleutnant

« on: May 27, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »

You sit in your Pz4/T34 all day long, wondering if the AI could be replaced by fellow human drivers. That's what I've done and I'd really like a multiplayer component in the next Steel Fury game, where you can share tanks with fellow soldiers and control them as one team.
The playable seats would be:
1. Commander: You issue commands to every individual of your tank, give orders to your driver to where he should drive directly, issue commands to the whole unit, that the radio operator needs to transfer via the map and last but not least spot targets for the gunner. You are also the one shouting commands to your units if the radio operator is to be killed.
2. Gunner: Your object is to hit the marked targets following the orders of your commander. You are also the one selecting the best shells for the job and shooting infantry targets as ordered.
3. Driver: You drive the tank, putting it in the best position possible, keeping it a mobile firing platform when ordered and react to the gunners requests for short stops to firing (unless the commander orders a move/firing maneuver).
4. Radio Operator: Your job is to control the fellow tanks (if you are the leader tank of your platoon) and order infantry, armored vehicles and so on to their positions. You will receive voice orders from your commander (either via teamspeak or markers on the map) and have to translate them into specific orders for the additional units that acompany your maneuver.

These seats would of course be reduced in tanks where there are only 2 places (early T34 has driver,gunner/commander,loader/radio operator).

Not playable (I guess):
1. standalone Loader. Would be boring I guess.

Would it be possible to turn this game into multiplayer? I am unsure because of the dynamic behavior of physical objects. I am really looking forward to the next game that you do. Are there any information available already?

You did a realistic and fun game in my opinion. :>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: