Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 10:40:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Desert Mod  (Read 33505 times)
O_Smiladon
Hauptmann

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 05:31:24 AM »

Hi Nodlew,

Thanks for your reply,

And itsthe SPM1.5 english patch that i am missing..Could you link it for me ..will look for it myself but knowing me it take forever to find it Grin

cheers mate

O_Smiladon
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 08:12:48 AM »

I have as I mentioned before in another post I have all 3 missions ever made; Afrika01, Tobruk 2 and the Road to Sidi Rezegh.I'll have to look up in my SP1.4 install to see fi I cna post the file folders. BTW it only work swith S.P 1.4.It is not compatible unfortunately with SP 1.5 beta or the unofficial versions either.What I remember is that ti was nto thta easy to unpack but I managed to get them all after loading teh Hill206 map which is now in my Mission Editor. that's the key to the suiccess as the Afruika missions only work with that map.

Frinik
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »

Frinik wrote:

BTW it only works with S.P 1.4.It is not compatible unfortunately with SP 1.5 beta or the unofficial versions either.

Oh, that SUCKS!!!! Sad Sad Sad

Is there no way to address that? And... are all mods limited such that they will only work until there's a newer version of the sim?Huh? That doesn't seem to make much sense... but I have to ask.

==================== after further reflection ===========================

If I decide I simply MUST experience this mod... Smiley  what's the best way to "retrograde" to 1.4, while keeping the door open to using 1.5? Should I ...

1) have two installs (a 1.4 just for the Desert Mod and a 1.5 for everything else),

or

2) should I simply use the JGSME to remove/restore 1.5 and later mods before launching the sim?

What would be "best practices" for this?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:24:43 PM by Stig » Logged

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
O_Smiladon
Hauptmann

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »

S! Nodlew

Hay hay I found it.. will put it in tonight...

O_Smiladon
nodlew
Major

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »

Hope it fixes your language difficulties.

what's the best way to "retrograde" to 1.4, while keeping the door open to using 1.5?

Use JSGME to uninstall 1.5, then use it to install 1.4. When you want to reverse the changes, do the opposite.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:42:27 PM by nodlew » Logged
O_Smiladon
Hauptmann

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »

OK Nodlew,
Sorry to be a pain in the arse by asking all these Q....But.

I D/L that SPM1.5 english patch here at work tstick on my flash stick to take home with me.. I had a look at it and saw it was noe a self extracting exe file.

But instead it was a folder to stick some folders into my game folder.

and that is fine I can do that, but my Q is how does this sort of thing show up in my jgsme when i have to put them into the folders myself..Is your mode activated through your jgsme ?

regards

O_Smiladon
nodlew
Major

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »

Well, actually most mods are made to just be manually pasted into the JSGME's MOD's folder, and then enabled using the JSGME program. Paste the folder into your MODS folder (located in your main SF-K42 directory). Then you should have a desktop icon to open up JSGME mod installer. If you don't have the desktop shortcut, the exe should be in your Steel Fury directory. Double click either of those and the Generic Mod enabler window will open and you should have a list of all available mods (everything in  your MODS folder that JSGME recognizes as a mod) listed in the left pane. The SPM 1.5 english patch should be listed there. Click the patch to highlight it, and then click the RIGHT pointing arrow > which is in the grayish middle section of the window, this will enable the mod. You may get a text message from JSGME warning you that changes are being made--enable the patch, you want the changes to be made.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:01:50 AM by nodlew » Logged
O_Smiladon
Hauptmann

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 12:43:41 AM »

Yes got it..I was missing that part..I have used the jgsme befor for IL2 and that how we did it there to.

Cheers mate

O_Smiladon
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »

Guys you don't need the English language patch made for SP 1.5 Beta if it doesn'r work for you.I personally use the one released back in 2008 the unoffcial English language patch version 0.1 on all my installtions of the game inclusing 1.5 Beta and the Unoffcial oen and it works fine.So if you have problems with the new one try the old one.

Cheers
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »

My followup question to this is:

Can I (or should I) use the JGSME to retrograde to 1.4 version just to be able to use the Desert Mod. As we all know, some mods are dependent on different versions. So, if I have a list in the JGSME that includes BOTH 1.4 and 1.5, I would assume I just disable 1.5 and I'll have a 1.4 install. Won't that also disable any other mods that are based on 1.5? And is this a "healthy" way to do it from a file modification standpoint?

So, back to that question; is the best way to do this to use JGSME to enable/disable mods on an as-needed basis... or is it best to have two installs, one 1.4 and one 1.5?

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
nodlew
Major

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »

Hey Stig.

I guess that is really up to you depending on whether you want to go to the trouble of uninstalling 1.5 and installing 1.4 for the Desert mod, and then going back for the missions and vehicles that you need 1.5 for. With a separate install, you wouldn't have to do that, and as long as Hard Drive space is not an issue, then no problem. In terms of the "health" of the game, neither option is really preferable. JSGME was created to make it easy to install and uninstall mods, which is all you are doing here.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »

Hi Stig,

I know I am preaching my own gospel but I personally prefer the solution of having multiple installations; I have 4 of SF and 2 of TvsT and 2 of Panzer Elite for example. Using the mods enabler is time-consuming as the more mods you have the more time it takes to switch from one mod to the other.I prefer having 4 versions( they take less than 40 gbs of space)clearly identified with shortcuts( SP 1.4, Sp 1.5 unofficial, SP 1.5 beta and SP 1.4 with Panther-Hetzer mod(PHM)).That way I can play whichever version I fancy.Part of the reason is that user-made missions mine and thos of others, made with SP 1.4 are not compatible with SP Beta 1.5, likewise with SP 1.4 PHM and 1.5 unofficial.So rather than spending time disenabling and re-enabling mods better have them all separate and ready for use  if  - as Nodlew mentioned - hard dick space is not an issue for you.

Cheers
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »

Any chance you might wanna spell check that last line of advice, frinik? Cheesy

Freudian slip perhaps? Heheheh.

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 02:27:49 AM »

Thanks Stig!Happy that somebody actually pays such close  Grin attention to my posts....

OOOOOps! - as Britney Spears would say - I did it again!I am a terrible typist and hard diSk space does matter Wink

Cheers
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »

WTF am I supposed to do with this? How can I make any intelligent choice among all these buttons when I can't even read 'em?Huh?
This is dialog window - "Confirm file replace" (on Russian language  Grin)

[yes] [yes to all] [rename]
[no] [no to all] [cancel]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:27:21 PM by Iceman » Logged

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »

Thanks Stig!Happy that somebody actually pays such close  Grin attention to my posts....

OOOOOps! - as Britney Spears would say - I did it again!I am a terrible typist and hard diSk space does matter Wink

Cheers

You might wanna hit the "modify" button on that... then I'll erase my post and no one's the wiser!

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »

On the SimHQ site for SFK42, someone finally posted a link to get the Desert Mod. I downloaded it, placed all the files into the MODS/ directory. But the ReadMe says...

================= snip=================
NSU_desert_Mod_Beta1

Afrikakorps Mod for game "Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942"

1. copy in the created "MODS" folder all NSU_desert_Mod files necessary for modification of game.

2. Start a file sf_mod_packer_v07b_eng.exe and activate the desert Mod

=============== snip ===============================

What's that in instruction 2? There is no .exe with that name anywhere. I did take the step to open the Mods Installer and add it to the list. But, it doesn't show up like the Prokhorovka missions did.

Anyone have any input? Anybody successfully activated this?

Hi,

Sorry to jump in at this late stage! Have you gotten the Desert Mod working yet?
I didn't bother with the mod_packer thingy, I activated it using JSGME.

The results:

The impact is not immediately obvious - to make sure its running, check out any existing missions with the PzIV or Mk3 Valentine tanks - they should turn out a nice Desert brown color!

There's also a new mission included, which you need a little tinkering with the user_camp.engcfg file to work. Add one more line at the end, which should look something like this:

user1()
{
   Trymap3, Trymap3, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Trymap3.level;
   Paintjobs, Paintjobs, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Paintjobs.level;
   MF06_Izum, MF06_Izum, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\MF06_Izum.level;
   Alex_01, Alex_01, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_01.level;
   Alex_02, Alex_02, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_02.level;
   Alex_03, Alex_03, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_03.level;
   Afrikakorps01, Afrikakorps_1, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Afrikakorps01.level;

} //end of user1

A bit of good news, it's fully compatible with both versions SPM 1.4 and 1.5 : the mod doesn't add any new vehicles or units, just the new desert skins, a new map & a new mission.

On the other hand, the Winter Mod isn't totally compatible with 1.5 ; there's a way to get around it, but I'll leave it for another day, another story...

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »

My problem is, I've activated it with JGSME, and then see NO evidence of it in game: no missions, nothing on the campaign list. Also, I understood there were supposed to be THREE new missions?

Rendsburger wrote (on SimHQ):
There is a desert mod(Afrika mod) but it consists only of 3 user-made missions available for download on the tanksim.org.ru website.They consist of; The Road to Sidi Rezegh, Tobruk and Africa 01

Or maybe I'm missing something?

I recall (hazily...) something about a new map file necessary to run this?

Rendsburger wrote (on SimHQ):
Hill 206.The map needs to be downloaded prior to playing the mission.

Maybe I haven't installed that? I dunno, I'm not familiar enough with the sim yet to troubleshoot... Wink
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:37:24 PM by Stig » Logged

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »

Hi Stig,

NSU's Desert Mod includes the map, "desert1", and a mission, "afrikakorps01".

You will need to add the extra line to the user_camp.engcfg file.

Afrikakorps01, Afrikakorps_1, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Afrikakorps01.level;

The user_camp.engcfg file is in the "camp" folder shown below:

Hope this works!  Undecided

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »

It did... at least partially. Smiley

The Afrika Korps 01 mission now appears, albeit in the User Created Missions area, not within its own set of campaign missions like the other sets (e.g., Prokhorovka).

Also, there should be three missions, I thought? Where might I get the other two (Road to Sidi Rezegh and Tobruk)?

At least we're making progress, though! Thanks for the help so far...

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: