Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:09:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desert Mod  (Read 33488 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 01:37:40 AM »

Hi Stig,

There's one other desert mission that I've found, that's Stone2009's "Africa 1" mission, which is hosted at the tanksim.org.ru site.  If I recall correctly, the actual title of the mission (translated from Russian) could be "Road to Sidi Rezegh".

There is a "Hill 206" map hosted on Fabianfred's mission-making video site.

Lastly, I haven't found the "Tobruk" mission anywhere. To anyone reading this, throw us a bone here?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:04:33 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 07:41:49 AM »

I have Tobruk 2 . I can't remember whether I got it ( back in May 2009) from a French language sim forum where the Russian modders posted their stuff or did I get it from tanksim.org.ru? Huh? I can definitely confirm that it exists as I have all 3 Afrika/Desert Mod missions.Worse come to worse I can try emailing the mission( it's datapack file).

Cheers

Frinik
nodlew
Major

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »

Frinik,

Why not just open a free Mediafire account and upload the file there? I have one and its been great for the small amount of mods, etc. that I've created. I do recommend mediafire--a very Free-User friendly hosting service compared to Rapidshare or Hotfile. Megaupload is nice as well, but I don't know what their free file hosting service is like.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 11:30:50 AM »

Ok Nodlew it sounds like a good idea!

I'll do that.

Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »

Hi Stig I PM'd you the link to the Afrika01 mission.Due to its size - 27 mbs- I am unable to email it. I also don't have a file sharing upload/download site.

I am posting the download link for all to use.It's a |German-language website but easy to use:

http://filestore.to/?d=94A0C1CD2

|Cheers
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

I got the file downloaded, thanks...

But there are no instructions on how to properly unpack it. I assume the desert1 folder is a folder that goes in the MODS/ directory just below the root folder. And then, this must be added with the JSGME, correct?

But what about these other .rar files that are inside the archive?

- afrikakorps01.datapack
- musics.rar
- afrikakorps_files.rar

Must these be unpacked by 7Zip or placed somewhere as (unpacked) .rar files? Where do they go?

Sorry to be so dense, but it's pretty easy to get confused with all the different instructions we get for adding and changing things. I think it will get better once someone writes a clear tutorial on how to manage the file structure and how to edit the game.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »

it's pretty easy to get confused with all the different instructions we get for adding and changing things. I think it will get better once someone writes a clear tutorial on how to manage the file structure and how to edit the game.

Cheesy

It's a good thing we have JSGME to handle which file goes where, it should work most of the time,

I agree about needing a guide, I wonder where to start??

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »

Stig it's been over 20 month since I sintalled that mod and I have installed plenty of mods ever since so I don't remember exactly how I did it or what I did.. There is a read me text file that explains what to do after you ahev extracted the file.Yes the mod has to be enabled through JSGME and it should appear in your user-made missions subfolder in your game main menu. I can't recall if you need to install the Hill 206 desert map or is it for another desert mission.Best to read the instructions.I'll try to see if I still have the read me text file in my game.

Cheers
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »

...after you have extracted the file...

That's the rub. When I open these things with 7-zip, I usually see scads of folders that replicate the folders within the game. Seems to be a lot of room for error, because within the game's folders themselves, there seems to be a lot of path duplications.

Shouldn't the .rar file extract properly to all folders provided you extract it to one folder at the root of all the files in the archive? That's what I'm unsure of: which "root folder" should I point 7-zip to?

This one, in particular is confusing because it appears to have other .rars inside it, and some files the like of which I don't see anywhere within the game's folder structure. For simpler mods with fewer files and less complicated paths, I just copy and paste to the various folders.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: