Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:08:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which mod was that....?  (Read 10346 times)
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« on: April 30, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »

we all know how confusing it can be keeping the various mods straight. I still am trying to get my game in the state I'd really like it. And with the appearance of the new PzIII campaign, I got to a place where the "easy" install wasn't producing anything in my menus, and it was time to just start over.

I got JSGME open and disabled everything, then tried to re-enable it, leaving out the old 0.1 and 1.4 mods (because these are duplicated in the 1.5 mod, right?) and starting with 1.5. However, now I've got русские меню снова (that's "Cyrillic menus again", for the uninitiated Smiley )

Which mod was it that translated the Russian menus into english?

Just for reference, here's how my JSGME looks right this minute:

And here's my camp.engcfg file, located at C:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp:

Code:
//ñïèñîê êàìïàíèé
camp_list()
{

//ôàéë, áëîê, íàçâàíèå+îïèñàíèå, êàìïàíèÿ, ñïðàéò êàðòèíêè

camp\main_camp.engcfg, teach,   txt_cm_camp_teach,        false, img_t34;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, single,   txt_cm_camp_single,        false, img_single;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_1,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_1,          true,  img_t34;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_2,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_2,          true,  img_mk2;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_8,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_8,          true,  img_teach;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_4,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_4,          true,  img_user9;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_3,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_3,          true,  img_user2;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_t60, txt_cm_camp_rkka_t60,        true, ,;
      camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_5,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_5,          true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_6,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_6,          true, ,;
      camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_7,         txt_cm_camp_rkka_7,          true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_trophy, txt_cm_camp_rkka_trophy,     false, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_1,         txt_cm_camp_werm_1,          true,  img_pz4;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_2,         txt_cm_camp_werm_2,          true,  img_user10;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_3,         txt_cm_camp_werm_3,          true,  img_user1;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_new,         txt_cm_camp_werm_new,        true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_stug, txt_cm_camp_werm_stug,       true, ,;
camp\desert_camp.engcfg, desertmod, txt_cm_camp_desertmod, true,img_pz4;
camp\prokho_camp.engcfg, prokho, txt_cm_camp_Prokho,    true, img_t34;
camp\prokhower_camp.engcfg, prokhower, txt_cm_camp_Prokho1,    true, img_pz4;
camp\vitebsk_camp.engcfg, user1,        txt_kv01cm,                false, img_user4;
camp\KY_camp.engcfg, werm_5, txt_cm_camp_werm_5, true, img_user3;
}

_vars() {}

And here's my user_camp.engcfg file:

Code:
//Graviteam mission create system ver. 0.1

user1()
{
Tank Gunnery Range, Tank Gunnery Range, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Tank Gunnery Range.level;
Afrikakorps01, Afrikakorps_1, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Afrikakorps01.level;
New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level; 
New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;
New_KY_03, txt_mc_mymission_3, 1, 0, Back_KY03.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_03.level;
New_KY_04, txt_mc_mymission_4, 1, 0, Back_KY04.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_04.level;
New_KY_05, txt_mc_mymission_5, 1, 0, Back_KY05.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_05.level;
New_KY_06, txt_mc_mymission_6, 1, 0, Back_KY06.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_06.level;
New_KY_07, txt_mc_mymission_7, 1, 0, Back_KY07.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;
New_KY_08, txt_mc_mymission_8, 1, 0, Back_KY08.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_08.level;
New_KY_09, txt_mc_mymission_9, 1, 0, Back_KY09.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_09.level;
New_KY_10, txt_mc_mymission_10, 1, 0, Back_KY10.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_10.level;
} //end of user1
So.... how come my campaign menu in game looks like this? A mix of cyrillic and english?

And why no gunnery tutorial, and no Desert missions?

If I choose Default or English as the language when launching, I get the last_bug.txt file:

Code:
???
???

[ sprite_tf ]

A followup question would be: how can I set it up so that if I choose English, the game will launch and display characters in English... and if for some odd reason I decide to launch in Cyrillic, I can do that too? And, how can I set the Default to whichever language/character set I wish? Obviously it was designed to allow this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:57:30 PM by Stig » Logged

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »

Check your data/k42/loc_rus/cd folder.Open it and if you see a line after

tex_pack9.datapack delete it( save the change) and your menu will return to English.

As for switching to ùenglish back to Russian I guess you just need to disenable and re-enable the English-language patch.There may be another way but I am not sure in which folderto look.Perhaps in the root folder?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »

Which mod was it that translated the Russian menus into english?

That would be the SPM V1.5 Beta English Patch.

Make sure you start out with the following items (listed under 'Activated Mods')

And why no gunnery tutorial, and no Desert missions?

You'll need to scroll further down the campaign list on the right, they should make their appearance  Smiley

Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »

Check your data/k42/loc_rus/cd folder.Open it and if you see a line after
 tex_pack9.datapack delete it( save the change) and your menu will return to English.

That's the 'texts_loc.datapack' file. Don't delete anything else!!  Tongue

Better yet, don't delete anything at all, just install the SPM V1.5 Beta English Patch.

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »

Wow. I don't even have the "english" version of the 1.5 patch!!! Yet, at one time, all my menus were in english!!! Strange...

I hope I can track that download link down on this site... (LATER: I did find the English 1.5 patch... but where is the 1.5 beta fix file? Can someone post a link to that?)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:32:57 PM by Stig » Logged

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »

Here's a good place for mods:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q38nkzaginphq

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

OK.... I got my menus back in "all english".... but, even though I've activated them all in JGSME, I still don't see Kyth's missions, or the desert missions, or the Russian gunnery range.

(this is the bottom of the missions list, several others [the stock missions] are above. But kyth's missions have interesting titles, none of which I see here)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:00:52 PM by Stig » Logged

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »

I had the same problem recently. I reconfigured my mods in JSGME and Kyth's single missions weren't there anymore. I simply cut them out of the user camp file pasted them to a new text file on my desktop, rebooted and copied and pasted them back into their game folder and all worked perfectly. All this just the day before he came out with his campaign. I ended up deleting all the singles after all.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 12:37:49 AM »

OK.... I got my menus back in "all english".... but, even though I've activated them all in JGSME, I still don't see Kyth's missions, or the desert missions, or the Russian gunnery range.

(this is the bottom of the missions list, several others [the stock missions] are above. But kyth's missions have interesting titles, none of which I see here)

Stig!

To see my missions, just scroll down the campaign list on the right. It's under 'User-made Missions'. Not 'Single Missions'.

The Desert Mod missions are also further down the campaign list.

Try it out and let me know?

Huh?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 01:42:33 AM »

Guys so you understqnd the difference;

Single Missions are individual missions that are/were made either originally with SF and were not part of a campaign.With each new Steel Panzer mod, 1.0/1.1,/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 new ones were added or old ones edited by the modders.

Now every single, new mission created which is not part of a Steel Panzer mod goes straight in to the user-made unless as in the case of Rends Prorokovska, Stone 2009 Shahovo or Cherkasskoye(these consist only of a single mission so far with more to comeand are going to be part of a Kursk series) or Kyth Panzer III/IV mission compilation they are part of a (more than 2 single missions I guess)campaign

It does nto matter whether the mission is enabled through the JSGME or simply unapcked as a datapack through the Mission Editor they go straight into your user-made menu( hence the name Grin).

I know it's easy to get confused as the word single missions for people evoke just that just a mission made by somebody but with SF there's a distinction between single and user...Maybe they should have used the word single, user made mission and user-made campaigns to distinguish them from the game stock single and campaign but ti would have been too awkward....
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 01:48:02 AM »

Yeah, I *thought* there should be a User Missions menu too... I *thought* I remembered seeing it...

alas... if I scroll down the right side list...

it ain't there...

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 02:43:23 AM »

1. You will need to re-enter the campaign lines in the 'camp_list.engcfg' file; they probably got over-written:

camp\desert_camp.engcfg, desertmod,      txt_cm_camp_desertmod,   true,img_pz4;
   camp\KY_camp.engcfg, werm_5,          txt_cm_camp_werm_5,    true, img_user3;

2. You may need to re-create your 'user_camp_list.engcfg' and 'user_camp.engcfg' files. Maybe they got deleted?

3. Get to know and love all the related campaign files like the back of your hand. Here is a typical listing:

A brief description of the important ones:

camp_list.engcfg - A listing of campaigns that will appear for selection in the scroll-box
main_camp.engcfg - Detailed lists of mission entries for each campaign
user_camp_list.engcfg - A listing of user-made campaigns (usually just one, the 'User-made missions' campaign)
user_camp.engcfg - Detailed list of the user-made mission entries
regpoly.engcfg and user_regpoly.engcfg - Listings of available maps for mission creation

Occasionally there will be other files, e.g. 'KY_Camp.engcfg' or 'Desert_camp.engcfg'. These are separate listings of mission entries, specific to a campaign. They are referenced in the 'Camp_list' file mentioned above:

camp\desert_camp.engcfg, desertmod,      txt_cm_camp_desertmod,   true,img_pz4;
   camp\KY_camp.engcfg, werm_5,          txt_cm_camp_werm_5,    true, img_user3;

Good luck!

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 03:45:35 AM »

I think my problem may lie in the fact that, in my list of LEVELS/camp/ files, I have near-duplicates, with tildes (~) at the end. I've noticed this, but been afraid to delete or make these files "match", partly because I'm not truly sure which is "right". Even looking at the dates doesn't always convince me that the most recent is the right one, especially if I'm not seeing what I want to see when I launch the game.

Your last set of instructions got me seeing the Desert Mod missions in their own Campaign list, and that's great... but I still don't think I'm seeing Kyth's ten missions; I know there's one called something like "Over the River and Through the Woods" and I don't see anything like that anywhere... but I know I have seen it at some point.

here's my camp\ folder....

We're getting there... keep the tips coming, I truly appreciate it! Smiley

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 03:54:27 AM »

I'd suggest deleting those tilde files, or at least moving them temporarily to a different folder.

Your last set of instructions got me seeing the Desert Mod missions in their own Campaign list, and that's great... but I still don't think I'm seeing Kyth's ten missions; I know there's one called something like "Over the River and Through the Woods" and I don't see anything like that anywhere... but I know I have seen it at some point.

Based on what I'm seeing, try renaming the backup file 'user_camp_list.txt' as 'user_camp_list.engcfg'.

That 'user_camp_list' is one of the important files I mentioned earlier. Without it, no User-made Missions in the selection screen.

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: