Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 09:49:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Fury shell.exe is a Trojan?  (Read 4337 times)
sargexmy
Oberleutnant

« on: October 21, 2010, 03:39:12 AM »

I just installed Avira Antivir to replace AVG.

now everyday, i get a pop up saying the shell.exe of Steel Fury is a TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen trojan!!

is this a false positive b/c the scanner is too sensitive?

I installed the game way before Antivir was installed. AVG never detected anything. 

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks
nodlew
Major

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:00:27 AM »

Well, it is almost certainly (one can never be 100% about anything) not a trojan, so it's a false positive. I had that problem--I have Avira as well--so I configured Guard to ignore the processes that were causing the false-alarms (exe in the Unofficial Patch was causing a false alarm as well). If you don't know how, double-click the Avira icon in your system tray, then at the top of the Avira window click Extras/Configuration. Click the plus sign next to Guard to expand it, then do the same with Scan, then click on Exceptions. To the right you will see a series of options to navigate to the process you want Guard to ignore.

That's the thing to do, I think. It's either that, or disable Guard every time you play Steel Fury, or uninstall Steel Fury, since you can't play the game without an exe to run it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: