Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 04:55:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for Mission Editor  (Read 29871 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 03:20:24 AM »

That doesn't sound right, seems like a problem with your video driver,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »

Or else your version of Windows  Media Player needs to be updated?

Or try eating different breakfast cereals...Yours may be contaminated by hallucinogenics Grin
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »

Updating media player-something I've never done. How do you go about doing that? I assumed it would be included in the typical MS updates.

And let's leave my breakfast pharmaceuticals out of this. At least my corn flakes aren't boring.  Grin
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »

Ok hemi no more questions about your cereals just send me a box so i can purple tanks dancing the ballet amidst psychadelic tracers....Wow! Roll Eyes

Normally Microsoft upgardes upgrades your player automatically but sometimes....What you normally do

ùok updating your Windows mediq plyer.First right click on the windows media player icon and then click on ptroperties and thenobn details to see what version you have.Mine for example for Windows & 64 bits is dated 14/07/2009.To see if it,s up to date just click on the Windows Media Player folder (usually located in the x program 86 folder.Open the folder and youèll see inside a setup_wpm application file.Click on it either as administrator if required.You'll get a message telling you either your WMP is up to date  or else I guess you need to upgrade and it should direct you to the Micrososft website page where you can get the latest version.Have you tried other  media players like vlc which I use often to watch shows or film?You can find vlc on the internet and it,s fairly easy to download and instakll.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »

Thanks for the reply Frinik
 I just did as you advised and I do in fact have the latest version. Still no joy playing the DL'd video. I'm now e mailing the file to my wifes computer to see if there's a problem with the DL or my setup.

Purple microdot anyone Shocked

Update:
 Attempted to play video on my wifes computer and got the same results. Beats me, can the vids be corrupted somehow?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:30:39 PM by hemisent » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 12:26:08 AM »

You could try downloading again, I guess  Undecided

If there's still a problem, you'll have to download and install the 'MPEG 4 AVC' codec, which is used by the videos.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »

Hemi as Kyth suggested your codecs might need some updating!

Out of curiosity did you download FabianFred's video tutorial here:http://www.4shared.com/dir/4397598/27d3d766/sharing.html

Because I watched his video tutorial lesson 2 and it worked well for me.Instead of downloading the tutorials you can actually watch them right on the web page.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »

Thanks guys
 It is a missing codec. Intel ITU H.264. Turns out this needs to be installed on my computer. I know they play because awhile ago I watched a portion of one on the site also. 

There are warnings about "codec packs" that are out there and to avoid them if possible as they can cause damage to drives.

Kyth, I'll try Googling 'MPEG 4 AVC' codec and see if I can get it.

Now I'm off to see about solving this.

Thanks once again.
Cheers

H
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:21:48 PM by hemisent » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »

If you need it, I still have the x264vfw codec installer zipfile,

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »

Thanks Kyth
  I dl'd 'MPEG 4 AVC from a site and installed it. Had to decline a zillion add ons that came with it but it did install. Bad move as it screwed up a bunch of stuff and my rig would barely run. My spybot program was going off like crazy with "malicious spyware" warnings. Bottom line: I had set up a system restore point just in case and I had to do a restore...glad I did. Just now back up and running.

What exactly is your x264vfw codec installer, and do you think this would this solve the problem.

Thanks
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »

It's the x264 installer (Video for Windows version) to enable playback of MPEG 4 videos.
I remember installing it for my video editing program - no spam and add-ons, thankfully!

http://www.4shared.com/file/ndmQwR2S/x264vfw_22_1629bm_23430.html

It might help, because all those video tutorial files use 'x264vfw' compression.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:38:51 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »

Frink and Kyth
 Thanks to both of you I now have the video tutorials working and the FW pdf tutorials. You guys rock.
Now, very shortly I'll be able to bombard you both with a whole new rash of problems and crisis.

Ain't life Grand! Grin

Cheers
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »

No problem, Bring it on!

(Famous last words  Grin)

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2011, 02:08:24 AM »

Excellent news Hemi! To use another immortal quote " Mission Accomplished!" Grin

As for the rocking part just credit our tanks' suspensions.... Wink
guisongs
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »

dear frinik, please can you send me forward his tutorials? i try to start with mission editor,
using the desert mod to create just tank battles.

this is only for play offline, for fun, I am not want to be map maker..
all is about waypoints and AI FUNCTIONS, AND HOW START AND FINISH THE MAP

THE PLAIN DESERT IS ALL I NEED AND THE TANKS, OF COURSE.
IF YOU KNOW WHO CAN SEND ME SOME TEXT ABOUT HOW
DO A VERY BASIC MISSION FOLLOWING WHAT I WROTE HERE...
I APPRECIATE

MARRY CHRISTMAS,

GUISONGS

I conctacted Friedrich Wilhelm, he is goin g to buy a new pc in a couple of months.Hasn't played SF in a while nor made new mission( he made 4 good ones for 1.4 which I will try to recreate for 1.5) because of heavy work commitments.He is oging to look for his tutorials and mail them to me!

Welcome back Kyth it's been awfully quiet in your absence Grin
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »

Guisong pour creer une mission simple , sans complications tu dois:

1) Ouvrir ton dossier: editor_mission ( je suppose et j'espere que tu l'as dans le dossier principal de ton jeu???)

2) une fois qu'il est ouvert tu dois choisir la carte de ton choix sur le petit ecran qui s'ouvre sur l'ecran de ton ordinateur.

3) Une fois la carte choisie tu dois appuyer sur l'onglet "create new mission".Un rectangle apparait dans lequel tu dois inscrire le nom de ta mission.Par exemple deserttry ou desert1.Comme tu voudras.Une fois le nom rentre tu cliques Ok.

4) la mission choisie apparait sur la liste de missions dans le petit ecran. Illumine-la( clique dessus) et appuie sur l'onglet editor du cote droit en bas de ton petit
ecran.Ensuite apparaitra un grand ecran montrant un T34 avec des douilles en laiton dessous.Tu cliques sur le nom de la mission que tu as choisie et une fois les douilles toutes chargees au bas de l'ecran la carte que tu as choisie( celle du desert par exemple) apparaitra.Pour le reste telecharge et lis la lesson illustree de Friedrich Wilhelm. C'est ce qui m'a lance dans la creation de missions.Elle est simple et decrite avec photos a l'appui.Elle te permettra rapidement de creer des missions simples comme tu le desires!

Bonne chance!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: