Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 10:05:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Periscope problems  (Read 4287 times)
nodlew
Major

« on: October 21, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »

I'm having trouble with some of the periscopes in the new Russian vehicles. I've tested with various ones. I can confirm that the periscopes for the KV1 and the T-34 work--I can pan them left and right and up and down using the keyboard--mouse too, I think. But the periscopes on the JS2 and the SU152 will not pan up and down, although they will turn right and left. Not sure about the SU85, or the SU122, I'll have to check. This is a real problem in the SP Guns because the periscope is the only way (other than exposing yourself by popping out of the hatch) to get a 360deg look at the battlefield. Also, when approaching a rise in the terrain, the periscope is critical for getting a look at what is just over the hill. If the periscope cannot pan vertically as you approach a hill it is fixed pointing above whatever is lurking beyond, pretty useless. I realize that SPM 1.5 is a beta release, so consider this a bug report.

Posted here and also to the Beta Testing thread at Sim HQ. I noticed, Rend that you haven't mentioned the MG-34 there, so I'll include that bug report as well.
O_Smiladon
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »

Hay Nodlew,

Guess what !!! She all go no more Russian and the got SPM1.5 going..   Grin OK in saying that was in the 152 last night and my scope seemed to work ok.. Will do some more testing tonight.

O_Smiladon

P.S thanks for ya help
nodlew
Major

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »

Glad to hear it, Smiladon--

Scope in the SU 152 won't  work for me, SU 122 works fine, but that has no unbuttoned view. Wonder if that has something to do with it.

SU85 works as well. I was wrong about the JS2--the scope is at the Gunner's position and it works. It's just the SU152 that wont pan up and down.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:13:47 PM by nodlew » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: