Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 07:35:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shahovo July 14, 1943 Mission Inquire and Tank Modifications  (Read 6125 times)
Philip Von Webber
Oberleutnant

« on: May 29, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

Question; I could not help to notice that the T-34 in this mission had the newer 1943 hex shaped turret. I like the clam shell of the M41, and was surprised when I saw this new model. The shells bounced off the armor much better. So is there or can a mod be made that can change out the turrets on the T-34/76 M41s to the newer M43s by using the JSGME in missions 1943-1945. The T-34/85 is excellent to use as is the T-44 that are in the missions package for late war missions.
The second is are these missions coded so that only those tanks picked in same are the only one's that are usable? Or can they be "exchanged' for an early or late model and type of vehicle. Example: exchanging a KV-1 for a BT-7?
Thanks...   
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »

Philipp you can change any tank or any unit for that matter in all missions using the Mission Editor. Here's a link originally posted by Lockie to video tutorials on how to use the ME:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/11609396/7b1d1709/Steel_Fury-Kharkov_1942.html#dir=HOQNf2EH
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

So is there or can a mod be made that can change out the turrets on the T-34/76 M41s to the newer M43s by using the JSGME in missions 1943-1945.
Yes, it's possible with ME as told Frinik. Now T-34/43 has two lod's, so I think it won't harm fps. May be I'll replace all T-34/76 on T-34/43 in the mission "Otto Carius".

Provocative signature removed
Philip Von Webber
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »

Thanks for the info, at first my brain went into lock and wow. There is a lot of lines of parameters for this and that. The vids show it as easy as an oil change but my old brain will have to decipher it all. What I was "planning" was two campaigns, the first in 1942 during the battles in and around Volgograd (aka Stalingrad), and the second North Africa also in 1942-1943. So using the M4 tank with a 75-mm, the Stuart and Lee/Grant tanks have been "build", many thanks for that, Oh sorry I forgot the British Matilda. The German PzKfw III and IV would be the main force tanks as would, I believe I saw the Italian M13 tank for the North Africa campaign. For the Stalingrad battles- a new terrain may have to be mapped.
Well that's where I was going with all this plus changing out some tanks in the missions already made.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »

What I was "planning" was two campaigns, the first in 1942 during the battles in and around Volgograd (aka Stalingrad), and the second North Africa also in 1942-1943.
Second campaigns is more appreciated, coz at this time there are only 5 missions(from ~200) for the North Africa.

So using the M4 tank with a 75-mm, the Stuart and Lee/Grant tanks have been "build", many thanks for that, Oh sorry I forgot the British Matilda.
There are also "Valentine", "Churchill" and during next month M3"Honey", M4A1, "Universal Carrier", fuel-trucks are coming. But without mission these units have a small chance to take place in the game. M3"Honey" and "Universal cariers" will see the light in the mission "dust in the wind2", which will be based on the improvements from 33lima.

I believe I saw the Italian M13 tank for the North Africa campaign. For the Stalingrad battles- a new terrain may have to be mapped.
At this moment there is only one Italian tank. It is light tank L6/40. As my point, there is no need to make smth. really global like campaign. The best way to start is - making missions with current units, which in the future will be replaced on the new ones.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:39:56 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
бампер
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »

In these missions should participate more Crusader tanks. Cry
Philip Von Webber
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »

OK, so North Africa is the winner. Been looking at the battles from 1940 - 1943. There is some info out there in net land. This is a project in works- So I would appreciate any help in this. As I said I am not all that up to speed on creating missions and campaigns especially with a game that I have had only a month.

Here is the listing for;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_African_Campaign_Battles

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: