Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 08:44:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New KV-1E  (Read 27378 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 22, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »

There’s a good chance to see this monster KV-1(screen) in the game Wink

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »

AHHHHH! The KV1E....Looking forward to that little monster Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:22:51 PM »

First attempts Cheesy  Grin  Huh?  Roll Eyes

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:34:49 PM »

Fascinating! Is that your model?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »

Thanks! This model was made by Maleshkin. I'm only working vs a process to put the model in the game and make a life to this baby Smiley To say the truth, it's a big painass, at least for me  Grin

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »

Good luck with the tracks  Smiley May be something in the tech_cfg file,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »

Well there were pics on the Sukhoi.ru forum of a Luchs with a very small body and huge tracks and a life-size driver on top of it.Yoiu can see it on the coll screenshots thread.It seems ot be a similar bug.But let´s the bright side at least a tank that won´t drown in a lake or river Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »

May be something in the tech_cfg file,
Exactly and not only vs a tracks Smiley I just simply took config from the panther by Mikhayl to see the result as faster as possible.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »

Dumb question but why didn't you use the tracks from the existing KV-1 in the game?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »

why didn't you use the tracks from the existing KV-1 in the game?
I did at first, but after a many times of failed attempts... long story Smiley
Anyway, I'll try to finish the work suppose in a couple of weeks.

ps
Would be interested to prepare a new tank vs a new mission. Personally, I'd like to see the mission such as "Kolobanov's feat of arms".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinoviy_Kolobanov
22 German tanks and two towed artillery pieces fell victim to Kolobanov's No. 864 before it ran out of ammunition.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:25:07 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »

Wasnèt it in the Leningrad area that he accomplished his feat during the summer of 1941? And was posthumously awarded the order of the hero of the Soviet Union?

Mind you thereÈs already a mission very similar the KV-1 Gusarovka mission in which 2 Kvs face over 19 German tanks and APCs and a mass of infantry as well.

For such a mission you would need a fairly easily defendable hill like the Village on the hill in the Glub Dolina map or the Taranovka hill village .Fron these heights you can shoot enemy tanks at failry long range and make possilbe to recreate Leutenant(?)Kolobanov s feat of arm....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »

Wasnèt it in the Leningrad area that he accomplished his feat during the summer of 1941?
Suppose, yes. And he had KV-1e.

And was posthumously awarded the order of the hero of the Soviet Union?
Nope. He forced as a traitor or smth, cause he had a friendship vs a finland soldiers. Oh, take my breath away.

Mind you there's already a mission very similar the KV-1 Gusarovka mission in which 2 Kvs face over 19 German tanks and APCs and a mass of infantry as well.
YEP, Gusarovka - it's a magic name. So, do we have a reason - don't make a mission cause we got a similar? Take a pick, there's a completely new tank.

For such a mission you would need a fairly easily defendable hill...
Yes. Do they know it's a Christmas? Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 05:44:08 AM »

Would be interested to prepare a new tank vs a new mission. Personally, I'd like to see the mission such as "Kolobanov's feat of arms".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinoviy_Kolobanov
22 German tanks and two towed artillery pieces fell victim to Kolobanov's No. 864 before it ran out of ammunition.

Grin

Heavy tanks vs. light tin-cans armed with popguns = "A Foregone Conclusion"

Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »

Most were Panzer IICs but there were a couple of Panzer III with the 37 mm gun and may be a few PanzerIVF1?Huh?

Well we can always make one more challenging and add Panzer IIIJs and replace the Panzer IICs with Luchs Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »

It would be more of a challenge to play as one of those tin-can Panzer II or III  Smiley

Did you know the short-gun Panzer III is already playable? Since SPM 1.4. It's just that those wise Steel Panzer folks didn't include it in the Mission Editor.

A bit of tinkering later, I got them running around under my command. They are more authentic for early-war scenarios  Grin

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »

I think 38(t) also were in column. The challenging could be adjusted by the balance.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:54 AM »

Kyth you are absolutely right!I hadn't noticed that the short barrelled Panzer III had not been included in Beta 1.5?Huh??
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »

Heavy tanks vs. light tin-cans armed with popguns = "A Foregone Conclusion"
The quality of German trash (tin-cans) wasn't a problem of Soviet troops neither Kolobanov's tank  Grin
It was in a real, it was a fact. Personally, I think 22 tanks(PzII, PzIII, 38(t)) against one KV-1e(add armor) it's a mission impossible according to SF game. That's why it's interesting for me to see how such mission does in SF Wink

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »

It's definitely not mission impossible.I played the Gusarovka mission quite a few times and won 7 out of 10.My best results was 19 Germans tanks,APCs and trucks destroyed and 137 infantry wiped out.I lost my fellow KV1 early on and the 2 anti tank guns as well.Good positioning is very important in the game.Plua in the misisons they don't set the experience factor at more than 20% for any given unit in the ME.I checked.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »

It's definitely not mission impossible.I played the Gusarovka mission quite a few times and won 7 out of 10.My best results was 19 Germans tanks,APCs and trucks destroyed and 137 infantry wiped out.I lost my fellow KV1 early on and the 2 anti tank guns as well.Good positioning is very important in the game.Plua in the misisons they don't set the experience factor at more than 20% for any given unit in the ME.I checked.

Good going, Rambo! (Ramboff? Huh?)

Personally, I think 22 tanks(PzII, PzIII, 38(t)) against one KV-1e(add armor) it's a mission impossible according to SF game. That's why it's interesting for me to see how such mission does in SF

It just doesn't sound like much of a challenge to have 5 KV1-e's clobber a bunch of tin-cans stuck in a marsh  Grin Mission impossible? I really don't think so,

The real challenge would be to take one of those Panzer II or 38(t) and emerge triumphant.  Smiley

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:24:55 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: