Graviteam
April 16, 2024, 04:04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Defense (the finnish mod)  (Read 59111 times)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: May 10, 2011, 04:27:54 AM »

THE LAST DEFENSE

ALPHA 1.2 -> The Last Defense Download version 1.2

Readme -> Readme

Readme(In Russian) -> Readme

Follow us on Tumblr! http://lastdefense.tumblr.com/

This is the forum thread of the up-and-coming The Last Defense modification to Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942.
In 1944, Finland was forced, once again, to fight the Russian Juggernaut on home turf. This is a small insight to their story.

Missions
-N\A

Vehicles

-Stug III G

-Tiger 1

-German APC's

-T34/85 (captured)

-KV-1 (captured)

-T34/76 (captured)

-T-26 (captured)
Done, however I dont have a screenshot

-T37/38 (captured)

-T-28's (captured)

-BA-64

Changelog: The Last Defense           Changelog: The Last Defense        Changelog: The Last Defense     Changelog: The Last Defense           Changelog: The Last Defense        Changelog: The Last Defense    Changelog: The Last Defense           Changelog: The Last Defense        Changelog: The Last Defense..
Version 1.0
-added to Mediafire
-Skins added
--Panzer IV
--T34/76
--T34/85
--T38
--T26
--BA64
--Sdkwfz. 251
-.engfcg files edited for all previous tanks

Version 1.1
-.engfcg files re-edited Tongue

Version 1.2
-KV1
-T28
-StugIIIG

Version 2.0
in progress
==New Features==
-Multiple T 34/85 skins (norm)
-Complete new nation! [current focus]
-Flak 36 skin [not completed]
-45mm AT gun [not completed]
-BA-10 skin [not completed]

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:19:46 PM by whukid » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:49:48 AM »

Sounds interesting,

Don't forget about their other captured tanks, mainly the T-26 and T37/38, and some T-28's,

Not sure if they ever used Tigers,  Huh?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:57:02 AM »

Sounds interesting,

Don't forget about their other captured tanks, mainly the T-26 and T37/38, and some T-28's,

Not sure if they ever used Tigers,  Huh?

no problem! this is the T-34/85 picture I'm going off of

(ITS NOT COMPLETED YET)

also, before I do something stupid, how do you edit the decals? I was going to paint a Finnish swastika on the side when I noticed it was missing the Red Star..

this is the .dds sprite

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:58:38 AM by whukid » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:15:31 AM »

The markings are in a separate .dds file.

Here's a short write-up about it:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2369.0

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:32:37 AM »

The markings are in a separate .dds file.

Here's a short write-up about it:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2369.0

Thanks! Do you think I'd be able to make a new vehicle instead of overwriting the current German vehicles? Like make a Finnish version of all the said tanks/spgs while still being able to play the normal russian and german vehicles? For instance, in SP 1.5, there is a captured T 34, Tiger, and Panzer IV (i think). Can I make a Finnish version of the captured tanks without overwriting the stock tanks?

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:47:49 AM »

It may be possible, I think,  Huh?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:56:42 AM »

NO ther Finns were never provided with the Tiger I nor the II for that matter.Neither did they get Panthers.... Only the Hungarians received a handful of Tigers

The Finns had Stugs and Panzer IIIs and IVs and as Kyth pointed out lots of early Soviet tanks as well as T34/76 and a few KVs & JS and T34/85 and some SUs as well...

BTW the Soviets never used the Tiger I in battle so having it as a trophy tank in SP 1.5 is inaccurate....

Thta would be great to have the early Sov tanks both as Finnish and German (Beute)  tanks.

I guess to do what you wnat to do Whukid youd have to create new tech cfg files, add new lines to the common res and def files, a new go file, textures etc everything needed to have thme included in the ME as separate entities with their own skins.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »

I guess to do what you wnat to do Whukid youd have to create new tech cfg files, add new lines to the common res and def files, a new go file, textures etc everything needed to have thme included in the ME as separate entities with their own skins.

Grin

Sounds encouraging,

Grin

"Yes."
norm
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »

I know you say you cant do computer modeling, I sincerely hope that you will give it a try with the Finnish modifications to the stug, like the rear storage, side logs, and extra front armor. As a lover of unusual armor, i will drool over this till it's done! (and I have a finish stug in my kit stash, this will give me all the more reason to build it!) if you feel gutsy, maybe you could tackle this, the BT-42, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT-42
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:09:58 PM by norm » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »

I know you say you cant do computer modeling, I sincerely hope that you will give it a try with the Finnish modifications to the stug, like the rear storage, side logs, and extra front armor. As a lover of unusual armor, i will drool over this till it's done! (and I have a finish stug in my kit stash, this will give me all the more reason to build it!) if you feel gutsy, maybe you could tackle this, the BT-42, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT-42

meehhh sorry dude  Embarrassed 3D stuff is way over my head. The farthest I'm going to be able to go at the moment is going to be Finnish camouflage for the named tanks, and hopefully a totally separate version of them so you can play a captured T 34 against a Russian T 34. Afterwards I'll give it another go, but no promises

norm
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 06:29:45 PM »

sure, i under stand, I would also like to learn. Here is a great reference site if you need it. www.andreaslarka.net
norm
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »

T34/85 (captured)

[/u][/b] after day one

good start, but the colors are far to strong and bright, and it could use the brown. But like I said, good start!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:07:23 PM by norm » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »

yea that was after about 6 hours. I cant seem to find the bottom half of the gun mantle, but other than that it's coming along nicely. I'll be sure to post a picture when I'm done editing a few more details

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 02:50:38 AM »

I got the T34-85 done! I might change the blue color alittle because it seems too obnoxious  Tongue but overall, I think it looks good!

norm
Oberst

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 03:00:06 AM »

better, but I think you shouldn't call it done yet. Firstly, would you be able to have colors match up more, ie, the bit of brown and green where the right hull side and front plate meet. Secondly, I agree with you on the blue being to loud, and I think all the colors need a lot more fading and weathering. Could you direct me to where tank skins are located, I would like to have a go at editing them. Also, is the swastika distorted, or is it just the camera angle.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 03:09:02 AM »

better, but I think you shouldn't call it done yet. Firstly, would you be able to have colors match up more, ie, the bit of brown and green where the right hull side and front plate meet. Secondly, I agree with you on the blue being to loud, and I think all the colors need a lot more fading and weathering. Could you direct me to where tank skins are located, I would like to have a go at editing them. Also, is the swastika distorted, or is it just the camera angle.

the .dds files are under the textures tab in the data folder. The swastika is just fine, the camera angle and the curvature of the turret make it distorted. i must warn you though, the files dont look like a tank. at all. its like a jigsaw puzzle from hell.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 03:18:37 AM »

On the list of positives, I am glad that you didn't go overboard with the 'Paint-chipped' effect - a well-known fetish in the armour-modelling community.  Smiley

I hope you find the time to re-do the in-game skin for the Elefant, which is an atrocious example...

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »

Is this alittle better in the "weathered" department? I lightened up the colors a ton. they're spot on with the image I was using

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »

Huh?

IMO the colours should be a combination of light gray, tan and green.

Huh?

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »

Huh?

IMO the colours should be a combination of light gray, tan and green.

Huh?

good point. I went back and did it your way and I totally agree. I also got a Panzer IV done Cheesy

Panzer IV

i dont know if you can see, but I made sure to leave patches of the original steel color to make it look weathered

the image I was using ( I noticed the insignia and questioned the nationality alittle)

T34-85

using tan, light grey, and greyish green

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: