Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:37:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Defense (the finnish mod)  (Read 59138 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »

I'll have a look at it as soon as possible.

I am a little tied up at the moment, I wonder if anyone else could advise?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »

Whukid it might if you told us which vehicles are in the ME and which ones are missing?So we know what to look for...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 07:31:47 PM »

Whukid it might if you told us which vehicles are in the ME and which ones are missing?So we know what to look for...

The Stug III G, T-28, KV-1, Panzer IV ( I think), BA-64, Sdkfwz. 251c, and the T-34/85

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »

hey guys. I'm stuck.  Cry can someone please tell me where I messed this up? I have no idea exactly what I did wrong, only that the vehicles don't quite appear yet in the ME. Currently, I only enabled (or tried to) something like 4 vehicles because I couldn't find the right scripts for the rest Tongue

http://www.mediafire.com/?7s87ub03aw3w97y

Okay, I've taken a look at your 'common_units' file.

I don't see any new items in the groups() section! Instead, all the new units are under randoms().

Understand that the items under randoms() are supposed to link back to the groups() section. The items in the editor() section also link back to groups().
The way I see it, there's a bit of a hierarchy about 'who gets what from where':

units() >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> groups() >>>>>>>>>>>>>> editor()                   
                           | |
                           | |
                         randoms()

Also, randoms() entries are meant for 2 or more different tanks or variants to appear in a grouping - the exact composition varies randomly each time a mission starts up, ensuring some 'replayability' for that mission.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:50:40 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:34 AM »

hey guys. I'm stuck.  Cry can someone please tell me where I messed this up? I have no idea exactly what I did wrong, only that the vehicles don't quite appear yet in the ME. Currently, I only enabled (or tried to) something like 4 vehicles because I couldn't find the right scripts for the rest Tongue

http://www.mediafire.com/?7s87ub03aw3w97y

Okay, I've taken a look at your 'common_units' file.

I don't see any new items in the groups() section! Instead, all the new units are under randoms().

Understand that the items under randoms() are supposed to link back to the groups() section. The items in the editor() section also link back to groups().
The way I see it, there's a bit of a hierarchy about 'who gets what from where':

| |
                           | |
                         randoms()

Also, randoms() entries are meant for 2 or more different tanks or variants to appear in a grouping - the exact composition varies randomly each time a mission starts up, ensuring some 'replayability' for that mission.

Hmm. I had no idea. I'll get right on it Smiley

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »

Hi,

There's a bit of hierarchy within the groups() section itself:

For example, a tank platoon entry derives from other entries in groups():

crewman (units)----> crew (groups)----|
                                      |-------> single tank (groups)------> tank platoon (groups)
tank (units)--------------------------|

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 02:34:47 AM »

Oh joy. There wouldn't be an easy way to do this, huh?

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 04:27:38 AM »

Oh joy. There wouldn't be an easy way to do this, huh?

You could use the existing panzer crews, I see the new tanks are all on the 'German' side.

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 06:12:45 AM »

I hope you got those common units sorted out, keep us laymen informed, you hear?  Smiley

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 06:19:51 AM »

I hope you got those common units sorted out, keep us laymen informed, you hear?  Smiley

I dunno guys  Undecided I have exams this week and I'm still running into problems with the common_res and common_units files

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 06:35:23 AM »

Just start at the very beginning, (a very good place to start):

| |
                           | |
                         randoms()

crewman (units)----> crew (groups)----|
                                      |-------> single tank (groups)------> tank platoon (groups)
tank (units)--------------------------|

After your examinations, of course,
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:51:28 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »

Hem Whukid , knowing the difference between groups, crews, crewman, random units, tank units and tank groups is gpoing to be the object of an exam.Please study carefully the matter before Master Kyth gives you the final exam.

Failure will result in your having to write 200 times the entire mission editor 8)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »

Hi Whukid!  I following post in the Sukhoi Avia forum about how to insert units in the ME.It may help ake things clear for you:

I found the fo10. ... Folder \ data \ K42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ LEVELS \ common \ common_units.engcfg (append to config a new technique).
In particular, for blocks:
- units / units. Technology (append the name of the tank)
- Groups / group (to finish subdivision)
- randoms / random
- editor / editor (append the names of units to the editor. used in a file is122.text)
Edit units:
Line:

Code:
rkkau_is2, i_techn, tech_cfg \ is2.engcfg, is122,, 4,0,,;rkkau - accessory units
is2 - the working name of the tank, is defined as is2.engcfg
tech_cfg \ is2.engcfg - the path to the characteristics (data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ levels \ tech_cfg \ is2.engcfg), there is also the name of the tank (name = txt_tn_is122)
is122 - the name of the tank and also the name of the file, which prescribes the projectiles (data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ text \ is122.text)
4 - Number of crew
Edit groups / divisions:

Code:
rkka_is2, 900,1, rkkau_is2, 1, rkka_crew_is2, a ,,,,,,;Where:
rkka_is2 - name, side
900 - ?
1 - ?
rkkau_is2 - Unit

Code:
rkka_crew_is2, 300,0, rkkau_tleuten, 1, rkkau_tankman, 1, rkkau_tankman_p, 2 ,,,,;Take the free index, and assign to the tank, for example: htank60 ()
Line:

Code:
rkka_htank60, 0,1, rkka_is2, a ,,,,,,,,;rkka_htank60 - our division (1 tank) for the block editor
htank60 - our titles th tank, "60" free index
0 - ? (probably "1" - for one tank, "0.5" - for a squad of tanks)
1 - ? (perhaps the probability of random occurrence)
rkka_is2 - working title
rkka - side
,,,,,,,, - For additional units

Code:
/ / 1 IP-2 + infantry "mixed" rkka_platoon_htank61, 0,1, rkka_is2, 1, rkka_platoon_inf, ,,,,,,; 1 / / 3 EC-2 (1, "IP-2" + 2 "IP-2 ") rkka_platoon_htank63, 0,1, rkka_is2, 1, rkka_is2, 2 ,,,,,,;Edit randoms:

Code:
/ / Rkka_htank2, rkka_is2 ,,,,;For example, instead of randomly KV1 will appear JS-2 , or appear in early missions. Better than nothing append.
Edit the block editor:

Hidden text : 
Code:
/ / 1 IP-2 "strand. Tanks USSR" rkka_htank60, txt_med_htank60_rkka,% SIDE_RUSSIAN%, txt_med_gr_htanks_rkka, 0,1, AA, 0x1f, tankh,; / / 1 IP-2 + infantry for "mixed" rkka_platoon_htank61, txt_med_platoon_htank61_rkka, % SIDE_RUSSIAN%, txt_med_gr_mix_rkka, 0,1, AAA, 0x1f, tankh, inf; / / 3 IP, 2 for "strand. tanks USSR" rkka_platoon_htank63, txt_med_platoon_htank63_rkka,% SIDE_RUSSIAN%, txt_med_gr_htanks_rkka, 0,1, AAA, 0x1f, tankh , tankh;
rkka_htank60 - the name of the tank in the block "units", which is used in the block editor,
txt_med_htank60_rkka - the name for a text message that is displayed in the editor. Described in the file ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ text \ is122.text
-% SIDE_GERMAN% - on whose side
- Txt_med_gr_htanks_rkka - Tab editor bundle. Tanks
- 0 -?
- 1 -?
AA, AAA - a place for a player with a mission (AA - tank commander). Appropriate: AA - for one tank, AAA - for three.
first letter A chooses - this unit, the second selects the number of the tank (the first), third - person crew (A - always commanding officer).
0x1f - the flag (perhaps management techniques player)
tankh - Unit bundle. tank, possibly sets the behavior of AI, "h" - heavy tanks, also defines the "icon" to the editor:
inf-infantry in the mixed
rkka_apcs31 - BTR Sdkfz 251/10 (trophy)
apcs - infantry
Next dlopisyvaem new units in the file: ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ text \ is122.text

Code:
/ / Units / / 1 IS-2 txt_med_htank60_rkka () {1x EC-2;} / / 1 IP-2 + infantry "smash." / Mix txt_med_platoon_htank61_rkka () {1x EC-2 + infantry platoon;} / / 2 IP -2 + infantry "smash." / mix txt_med_platoon_htank62_rkka () {2x EC-2 + infantry platoon;} / / 3 IP, 2 for "strand. tanks USSR" txt_med_platoon_htank63_rkka () {3x IS-2;}11. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ LEVELS \ scripts \ cm_ *** \ *** _scripts.engscr (scripts for the mission, not required)
12. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ LEVELS \ scripts \ cm_ *** \ *** _zones.engscr (Zone for the mission, not required)
13. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ LEVELS \ scripts \ cm_ *** \ *** _loc_data.text (text for the mission, not required)
14. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ LEVELS \ tech_cfg \ is2.engcfg (characterization techniques)
15. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ levels \ LEVELS \ tech_cfg \ misc \ is2_places.engcfg (a description of the crew inside the tower)
16. You can have two more files to chunks damage the tank units (engine, tanks, etc.). If there is a fashion, then copy.
- Damages.engcfg
- Damages_light.engcfg
17. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ sounds \ engines \ ***. wav (sound for the engine).
18. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ sounds \ pillars \ ***. wav (for audio tracks).
19. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ text \ ***. text - there may be additional text file, which defines the name of the tank / shells for a specific mission. More convenient to use their created files "is122.text", which make all necessary changes.
File loc_kit.text (name of equipment in two languages, which is prescribed in the game. Used to global mods. rules are unnecessary, it is more convenient to create a separate file: \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ text \ is122.text)
20. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ textures \ techn \ (copy the files for textures).
21. The folder ... \ data \ k42 \ loc_rus \ textures \ tracks \ (copy files to track).
Everything. To test run the editor and make sure that the new units are registered in the respective tabs.
Recommendations:
If you provide a new unit, try to avoid similar names. For example: the names "mspg1" and "mspg10" game, like treats equally, ie may cause "mspg10" instead of division "mspg1". Preferably, a new division called "mymspg10". This condition is true if you make no changes in the block randoms () .
Thanks: stone2009, mikhayl, SHUN, Sidorov, Andrey12345, ir spider.
Attachments
 tutorial.rar (45.0 KB, Viewed: 103)
 Quoting edited ntalex; 24.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 02:36:03 PM »

Hi Whukid!  I following post in the Sukhoi Avia forum about how to insert units in the ME.It may help ake things clear for you:

etc...etc...etc

Negative waves, man. Always with them negative waves...  8)

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »

MMMMMMm?Huh? Negative waves Man????Must be them tank exhaust fumes getting to my brainwaves Roll Eyes

I want Whukid to pass his exams....Can't afford to have another school dropout!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2011, 08:00:20 PM »

Wow thanks guys! I pegged my Government exam today. Only 3 more to go !  Grin Grin Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2011, 02:39:46 AM »

You flunk Kyth's exam and forget about a governement job!!!! Cheesy
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »

You flunk Kyth's exam and forget about a governement job!!!! Cheesy

noted. I'll have the mod in within two weeks Smiley

jerryb
Hauptmann

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2011, 07:25:40 PM »

Sorry about this but I downloaded the file and put it in the MODS folder and did the thing with the JSMGE but nothing has appeared in the missions or campaign list so where might it be or what have I done wrong.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »

Sorry about this but I downloaded the file and put it in the MODS folder and did the thing with the JSMGE but nothing has appeared in the missions or campaign list so where might it be or what have I done wrong.

Its not a campaign or a mission Smiley It changes the paint scheme of the said vehicles to resemble those used by Finland. After I finish up 2.0, I'll try to make some missions to go along Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: