Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 08:17:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Defense (the finnish mod)  (Read 59118 times)
norm
Oberst

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »

Watch this whukid, it may be good inspiration. My school year is finishing up now, so I will have more time to work on the mod.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 01:33:31 AM »

Watch this whukid, it may be good inspiration. My school year is finishing up now, so I will have more time to work on the mod.

hehe. That's what got me started in the first place Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »

Very interesting film.Too bad that the Youtube video , as usuals, it attracts the crowd of immature morons who put enlightened comments such as " Kill the fucking Russian Red communists " or things of that nature that manage to exhaust the entire vocabulary they possess in one line.... Roll Eyes
jerryb
Hauptmann

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »

OOPs, sorry, got the wrong end of the stick.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2011, 05:43:45 AM »

Not forgotten, I hope?  Tongue

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2011, 08:26:17 AM »

As in Battlefield 2 Forgotten Hope mod?Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011, 08:49:51 AM »

As in the Finnish Mod that's not yet really Finished (or Finnish, either)  Grin

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2011, 03:23:23 PM »

As in the Finnish Mod that's not yet really Finished (or Finnish, either)  Grin

I actually totally forgot about this  Tongue I'll get right on it.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »

Shocked

I disinterred this thread because I wondered:

Are the Finnish finished?  Huh?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:08:22 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »

Shocked

I disinterred this thread because I wondered:

Are the Finnish finished?  Huh?

no Sad I've given up, mostly because I've crashed just about every downloadable mission I have on here.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »

Hmm

That's sad to hear,  Undecided

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »

May be a more realistic and needed mod would be to increase the number of trophy/beute tanks on the German side?Frankly just the T34/76 nothing else is pitiful....I could see the KV-1 and 2 , the T70 and even a single T34/85 or Js-2 on the German side as counterbalancing the plethora of German weapons(Panzer II, IV, Stug III, Opel trucks, Flak88, Flakpanzer etc on the Soviet side with the Panther ausf. A soon to be added to the list which incomprensibly includes The Tiger I but omits the Panzer III?Huh?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »

May be a more realistic and needed mod would be to increase the number of trophy/beute tanks on the German side?Frankly just the T34/76 nothing else is pitiful....I could see the KV-1 and 2 , the T70 and even a single T34/85 or Js-2 on the German side as counterbalancing the plethora of German weapons(Panzer II, IV, Stug III, Opel trucks, Flak88, Flakpanzer etc on the Soviet side with the Panther ausf. A soon to be added to the list which incomprensibly includes The Tiger I but omits the Panzer III?Huh?

That would help, but I ran into problems with the common_res files and all the other ones that you have to edit

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »

May be a more realistic and needed mod would be to increase the number of trophy/beute tanks on the German side?Frankly just the T34/76 nothing else is pitiful....I could see the KV-1 and 2 , the T70 and even a single T34/85 or Js-2 on the German side as counterbalancing the plethora of German weapons(Panzer II, IV, Stug III, Opel trucks, Flak88, Flakpanzer etc on the Soviet side with the Panther ausf. A soon to be added to the list which incomprensibly includes The Tiger I but omits the Panzer IIIHuh??

There are a few factors to consider before a tank is adopted by the other side; such as 1) How plentiful, serviceable and mechanically reliable they are, coupled with 2) Whether they're actually useful or fill a gap on the battlefield,

Among the so-called captured German weapons, I can picture the StuG IIIG being adopted in limited numbers, but all the others seem to fail either 1) or 2) or both   Smiley

Personally I'd rather eliminate most of that captured weaponry lunacy and trim down the unit listings,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »

Well I beg to disagree Kyth! During WWII the Germans captured thousands of French and Soviet armoured vehicles including tanks which they used to create Marders, SU-76 etc.They used the T34/76 in considerable numbers and smaller numbers of KVs, T34/43, but few of the smaller Soviet tanks T26, 70 and BTs.Probably because they were obsolete already.The Soviets captured also good quantities of German armour and they used Panther A and Ds which they praised and PanzerIIs,IIIs and IVs which were very reliable.Not to forget the Stugs which were one of the most reliable vehicle of the war.Having them on either side in ME adds to the realism in my opinion.What we don't need are models like the T-44, the Soviet Tiger( never used by the Soviets too heavy and difficult to maintain), the plethora of Panzer 38t models, the bombers and other additional airplanes and too many combos of mixed ( tanks with infantry) on both sides.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »

Some good points raised there, I concede the Wehrmacht appeared far more ready to adopt captured weaponry, possibly because of a chronic shortage of AFV's with good hitting power  Smiley

I'd say that captured Panthers would be quite a rarity and more of a propaganda item, since there were never a huge number of them available, even for the original users ...

What we don't need are models like the T-44, the Soviet Tiger( never used by the Soviets too heavy and difficult to maintain), the plethora of Panzer 38t models, the bombers and other additional airplanes and too many combos of mixed ( tanks with infantry) on both sides.

That is indeed my pet peeve of the moment  Tongue

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2011, 09:19:59 PM »

Really? I kind've like getting to choose whether or not my Panzers will work with Grenadiers or Infantrie.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »

Whukid it's not so much the fact that you can chose classic infantry versus panzergrenadiere as the number of varinats 1 tank of certain model with either a platoon or squad infantry or 2tanks of the same model then 3 tanks etc.It should be limited to either 2 or 3 tanks with a squad or platoon.Eliminate the single tank of a given model with a squad or platoon and already you eliminate 1/3 of the units in the mixed units option.Also how relaistic is having a PanzerVI Ausf H with either a KV1 and a platoon of infantry or with 2 T34/76 or with one T34/85 realistic????The Soviets never used the Tiger I as far as I know so we could without those useless combos in the ME.Re the Panther let's limit the number of available units of captured units for either army to 2 and not entre any in the mixed formations.Thus you would eliminate 6 or 7 entries with either the Panzer IV F2 and Tiger I on the Soviet side.Likewise there are too many options for the Stugs and Marders on the German side like the mix of early and late Marder IIs or the early and late Stug IIIFs models....We could easily trim the ME by 1/3 without ruining the variety of vehicles available.Let's make realistic combos not imaginary ones!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:42:53 PM by frinik » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: