Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 08:14:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: general Fall Blau  (Read 30499 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »

Anyone ever contactet Discus?
Maybe they will release it as s free unsupported version...

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »

I don't think anybody has tried.If anybody would be the logical choice to contact them it would be Graviteam.I wonder if Panzerfaust could talk Vlad Zelevnyi CEO of Graviteam into approaching Discus?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »

Best would be if they could release the whole engine code itself somehow, Like and open source project or an SDK or an editors version etc. So ppl can change themselfs what they want and not. This is still a pretty smal community and it shouldnt be a problem with versions, bad code etc as the few coding ppl can work together so to speak.

But to be honest i think that its possible to change them anyway somehow. It looks like almost all files are open, Its just a matter to find them!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
starnon5
Hauptmann

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »

Was Fall Blau to have multiplayer?  I would imagine if Steel Fury or any successor was to have that option, the community would become massive.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »

I would imagine if Steel Fury or any successor was to have that option, the community would become massive.

I have to agree, with WOT doing so well, our community has more tankers than ever before...So now would seem to be the time to release a mp tank simulation.

I do hope it is Graviteam Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »

No as far as I know there was no p,an for MP for Fall Blau nor for Steel Fury.Even know Graviteam is very reluectant to go the MP way for Steel Armour Blaze of War.They have agreed , half heartedly, to eventually release a MP patch but for them SP is what counts.

I don't personally play MP very often and I am content with SP in most games but I agree that MP is a very important selling argument on the Western market.However the Eastern market seems more inclined to go for SP which would explain why Graviteam is so conservative in that resopect.Plus their core fans are more in the East than in the West although this seems ot be changing.
starnon5
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »

Interesting about west/east differences.  I actually like both a strong SP and MP element as opposed to many other gamers who disregard SP entirely. Saying that, I still like the SP in SF but it could be expanded on, ie a full campaign mode with crew dynamics such as skill/experience/rank/promotions and working up from commanding a single tank in a group to commanding the whole group.  I think SF has the best tank simulation engine as it's the only one I've played that feels like I'm in a big heavy tank, and though as much of a shame that is was cut short by legal issues, there is a good community that has made it 10 times better and still keep developing it.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »

Yes it's very true.After Panzer Elite SF is the tank sim that offers the best variety of tanks and vehicles, mods, maps, missions, tweaks with new things being introduced all the time.What's interesting is that it took time for that game to catch on in the West but in the last 18 months it's amazing how many have taken interest in it.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »

Having recently revisited Steel Fury, I did buy it at release in the UK and T34 vs Tiger. TvT has had all of my attention due to the mp element and because of mp I have built up close tanker friends. We even made the MMP mod for it.

SF has drawn me back as there was very little happening in the tank sim world, so I took the time to revisit SF, I am very glad I did.

If SF had mp I/we would have played it from the off.

Even Panzer Elite at 10 years old has mp Smiley

So yes East and West seem to expect different things from their simulations. The more I play SF, the more I wish my friends were in game with me multi-crewing the tanks, I know we would all love it...

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »

Yes Murkz you are one of the die-hard fans who haven't given up on Tvst and created all the MMPs all the way to MMP7.I have MMP5 and it really makes a difference to the game.Congrats for the work you've done you and your friends! Smiley.Although I think TvsT is pretty much dead except for the MP.It's kind of strange to see TvsT and Sf both created more or less at the same time and released pretty closely to one another and distributed by the same defunct Lighthouse dist.TsvTwas saved from oblivion by the MP while SF was saved by the modding community and also because it offered more variety and especially a very friendly ME and outstanding support from Graviteam who unlike G5 did not disown their product!

Glad to see you on the forum!

I also see that you have started a Graviteam sims thread on the panzer sims forum.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:20:40 PM by frinik » Logged
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

I don't think anybody has tried.If anybody would be the logical choice to contact them it would be Graviteam.I wonder if Panzerfaust could talk Vlad Zelevnyi CEO of Graviteam into approaching Discus?

Well here's the problem, as I understood from Vlad over several conversations, Discus and Graviteam are not on very good professional speaking terms. There is much I could tell you about this but I'm not sure if Vlad wants this public knowledge since that information was contained in private conversations. But one thing I can tell you is that while Fall Blau was an  improvement on the original SFK42 thats not the case now, much of what Fall Blau would have brought to the table has already been achived with SFK42 mods. There was no MP planned for Fall Blau that I know of. Some at Graviteam are not totally convinced MP is a viable path because of budget constraints and Graviteams staff size. They feel that MP and the continued support that must be expended to keep it running takes away from supporting/updating other aspects of the SP'er game. If Graviteam was the size of EA or even 1c/Maddox Games I don't think this would even be a serious issue, but for a company Graviteams size it's a major decision. Depending on how it eventually works out one camp or the other is not going to be totally happy.

Here's a little excerpt from a SimHq interview I had the pleasure of doing with Vlad back in June 2009 concerning features of SFK42 vs Fall Blau:

Steel Fury: Fall Blau

Robert: Recently it was announced that the follow on to Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Steel Fury: Fall Blau was put on hold even though the simulation is completed. Could you elaborate why this decision was? When can we expect Steel Fury: Fall Blau?

Vladimir: Sorry, but I should defer this question to the producer, Discus Games.

Robert: What would be some of the differences we would notice between Steel Fury: Fall Blau and Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942?

Vladimir: Basic differences include:
• location of the battle action
•new polygons and missions
• new user-controlled techniques for the PanzerJager1, PzIV ausf. F1, T-34 (the production STZ)
• new and improved cockpits to all user-controlled tanks
• caterpillar repair, during game, by order of user or AI

The full interview here:
http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_135a.html

Cheers
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 12:45:03 AM »

The major one was: AI - improving, all other... well take er polite, but ... forget.

Provocative signature removed
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 05:59:20 AM »

• new and improved cockpits to all user-controlled tanks
• caterpillar repair, during game, by order of user or AI

These two also look interesting Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 07:34:55 AM »

SF used to have the automatic track repair pressing the T key I think.But it turned into a bug as your crew would keep reparing the tracks even though they didn't need any...
starnon5
Hauptmann

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52:06 AM »

I think I installed the update as soon as I installed the game, but was there a 3d model of the crew repairing the tracks?  If the basics are there within the program, maybe some smart coders could resurrect the track-fixing option and cure it of the bugs?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

They replaced it with the automatic track repair which I think is better.You just wait 3 to 5 miuntes and your tracks are repaired.Thre's an icon in the game settings you need to tick in order to get it working.It's bug-free but ti only works for the player's tank.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: