Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:52:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: general Fall Blau  (Read 30498 times)
admin
Administrator
Major

« on: December 17, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM ON GAME "STEEL FURY: FALL BLAU" !!!

G.R.A.V.I.T.E.A.M.
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »

List of improvements:

1. Subtitles (we already have that in the western SF release)

2. German crew voices (we already have that in the western SF release)

3. Graphics-smoothing (new renderer)

4. New player controlled tank PzJager1

5. New player controlled tank PzIVF1

6. Training missions now with T34

7. 10 new maps

8. 20 new missions

9. All SF patches (5) are integrated

10. Realistic and animated track repair (the own crew repairs)

11. New, improved and corrected gun sights on all tanks

12. New, corrected and improved animations and poses for the tank crew

13. New animations for PzJager1 added

14. New AI algorithm for planes

15. AI for infantry and tanks was improved

16. Tank tracks were improved

17. Corrected ballistics

18. Damage types were improved

19. Improved vegetation models

20. New divisional units are available in the editor

21. New divisional markers for additional tank units were added and corrected, turret numbering is corrected

22. Compass includes now directional figures for better aiming

23. New and improved 3D cockpit for the Т34

24. The German sight is corrected

25. The menu is improved

26. Various small errors were corrected.

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

Video
Steel Fury: Fall Blau
http://www.steelfury.info/files/SF-BLAU.avi (22 Mb)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:06:04 AM by Iceman » Logged

ArmorEtr
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »

This is great to hear no doubt. Did I understand the tanksim.ru google translation?

After Kharkov 1943 we're scheduled to begin work on a new tank simulator on the same events at Kharkov in the winter of 1943.

I remember at first I thought Khakov 1943 was the next tank sim, but was sad to hear it's RTS. But this is great to hear that SF: Fall Blau isn't the last tank sim and will in fact continue on into 1943.
admin
Administrator
Major

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 07:00:18 AM »

This is great to hear no doubt. Did I understand the tanksim.ru google translation?

After Kharkov 1943 we're scheduled to begin work on a new tank simulator on the same events at Kharkov in the winter of 1943.

I remember at first I thought Khakov 1943 was the next tank sim, but was sad to hear it's RTS. But this is great to hear that SF: Fall Blau isn't the last tank sim and will in fact continue on into 1943.

next tank sim - august 1943 Kharkov.

Best Regards,
Valdimir Zayarniy

G.R.A.V.I.T.E.A.M.
Neophyte
Leutnant

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »

Please ensure your games company will be releasing in the West ...

We really need Fall Blau!
tonschk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 11:47:14 PM »

Hello there , can you tell me please if FALL BLAU is available , thank you very much  Smiley
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

Hello there , can you tell me please if FALL BLAU is available , thank you very much  Smiley
Development of addon Fall Blau has been finished in 2008..
Publication FALL BLAU has been postponed by legal owner (Discus Games company) and till now was not published..
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:51:24 PM by Iceman » Logged

TANKACE
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »

were can we download the FALL BUAU add on here in the uk is there a link we can use?can you put the link on this forum? Undecided
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »

TankAce, Fall Blau has never been released by its legal owners Discus games until now.It's highly unlikely that they will release it since the Fall Blau add-on is nearly 2 years old.Unless they combine it with the next tank sim made by Graviteam hopefully by the end of 2010 , early 2011?Huh?(Just a hope of mine not a concrete plan)
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

This is such a shame that it was never released. Any news now?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 02:29:29 AM »

From an interview that Validimir Zelevnyi(CEO of Graviteam) made with SIMHQ apparently for their next WWII sim Fall Blau is one of the scenarios they are looking at.However the add-on made by Graviteam and whose rights are in possession of Discus is unlikely to be released.It's gathering dust and forgotten somewhere and my guess is that it would be too late to release it as a paid add-on as it's more than 2 years old.If at least they made the maps available!!!!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 02:33:09 AM »

I don't see why this is such a big deal Tongue Half the stuff we already have, plus more. Maybe Kyth, Rends, Stone2009 or some of the other mission genius's can create a Kharkov 1943 campaign? we might have to ask nicely

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »

Dear Graviteam developers,

I am very sorry to see that this addon has not been released...

Could you please consider releasing at least the basic fixes/improvements for the game engine included in the addon, as a patch for Steel Fury?

For example I am thinking about:

14. New AI algorithm for planes

15. AI for infantry and tanks was improved

16. Tank tracks were improved

17. Corrected ballistics

18. Damage types were improved

26. Various small errors were corrected.

I am sure a lot of the Graviteam fans would really appreciate it a lot (me included !!).

Thank you very much for all your work on these great sims !!

Txema

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:43:54 PM by Txema » Logged
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 01:59:10 PM »

And I would be happy to pay for the additional features...

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »

I don't want to sound like a party poop but I suspect Graviteam's answer will be that the rights to game were sold to Discus 2 years ago and as a result they don't have the game anymore and would nto be allowed to release anything without Discus approval.

this issue was raised over 2 years ago by a guy on the forum and Andrey12345 from Graviteam gave the answer below:

Re: Fall Blau Release Date

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 11:34:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: ArmorEtr on January 20, 2009, 08:38:02 AM

Well as far as what games they have to offer, absolutely yes. The community and games at battlefront.com are much more similar to Steel Fury and the Kharkov 43 RTS game. It seems like a much better fit compared to Lighthouse's mystery/adventure type games.

It's right, but Graviteam does not have rights for sell Steel Fury. The result - game publisher it's a choice of Discus Games, the game producer company.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:37:18 PM by frinik » Logged
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »

Here is an idea Frinik,

Fall Blau and as you mention seems to be owned by Discus. What is to stop Graviteam creating another patch with the additions that Txema has outlined.

This would have nothing to do with Discus, as it would be a patch for Steel Fury. Looking at Txema's list they look like script fixes not models or maps, though I could be totally wrong  Smiley

I doubt this will happen but it is a nice thought.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

The problem for Graviteam would be the issue of CopyrightsI think when they sold their rights to Fall Blau to Discus that included everything including new maps, vehicles, improbvemnts to AI and gameplay, ballistics etc.I think their hands would be tied assuming, of course, that Graviteam still has access to the improvments they had made to the game engine.As well, Graviteam no longer owns the rights to Steel Fury either they sold them to Discus in the east and Lighthouse( now bankrupt ) in the West.Thus even if they wanted they would not be able to sell or distribute copies of either Sf or FB.One possible alternative would be for GHraviteam to approach Discus and see fi theyw ould be willing to allow Graviteam to buy back the distribution rights.However this is unlikely to happen for several reasons:

1) Graviteam is short fo cash and what little funds they have they are investing in their new sim Steel Armour Blaze of War and improvements/English verisons of their popular RTS which you guys love playing.

2)Graviteam has a new , improved game engine based on Achtung Panzer(Kharkov Front Roads in Russian version I think) which is not compatible with the game engine they used for SF.

3) Graviteam does not  have its own distribution network thus would be forced to look for another distributor .Who would be interested in purchasing the rights and distributing Fall Blau which is more than 3 years old?

4) Graviteam would be unlikely to invest what little funds they have to improve Fall Blau.For them it's a dead end! They did not even make money with SF.I think they barely broke even.

Your only hope would be for Discus to release the Fall Blau as a freebie hoping to get good publicity or goodwill.Might as well ask for Xmas twice a year....

Sorry but all the scenarios look bleak.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:42:13 PM by frinik » Logged
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »

Frinik,

What I was asking for is an unofficial patch for Steel Fury that includes just the basic fixes/improvements for the game engine.

That patch would be released hoping to get just good publicity or goodwill, of course. As murkz says, what is to stop Graviteam to unofficially release it?

It is really a shame that all those basic fixes/improvements for the game engine are never used and lost vainly...

Txema
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »

I agree entirely with you txema1 But believ me during the last 2 1/2 years Graviteam has been beseeched many times by fans wanting FB to be released and invariably the answer has been we cannot as the own copyrights to FB and the improvements that came with it.I don't think it's ill will just impossibility.If they could have released a patch with the improvements they would have doen so a long tiem ago.In my opinion.

But yes it's a crying shame that fall Blau is  languishing, probably forgotten by Discus gathering dust on a shelf! Angry
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: