Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 necessary update discussion.  (Read 79693 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:02 PM »

SPM1.5 necessary update discussion.

Download SPM1.5 NTA v1.3

English translation by Txema.

Mission Pack 1.0с vs 29 missions.
See for more details.

I’d like to suggest to discuss all necessary updates, which should be included into SPM1.5 mod.
I don’t know when the final version of SPM1.5 will be released, so the idea is - to create a new update and include all adjustments. I think for the base we can take the mod by POW “SP15 new tanks addon”, of course if he has nothing against it.
So, here’re my current necessary adjustments:
Add:
1.new tactical symbol for the new techniques (DOT, bike)
2.new insignias (guardia, skull, lightning…), numbers (be pleased at Kyth attention)
3.new gunsight 10t-15 for the SU-85
4.binoculars to commander/loader of Jagdpanther
5.texture for Stug III F
6.new airplanes
- flying/stationary:  IL-2, La-5, Ju-87, Me-BF109G, Mosquito
- only stationary: DB-3, Lancaster Mk.I, He-111

7.new tank/spg at the current moment: Marder II(131/132), T-35a, T-70M, KB-1e, SU-100
Fixes:
8.Hetzer caterpillar (i.e “stug_400_hetzer”)
9.MG-34 and decreased the quantity of crew to four soldiers
10.VW-82 + add a new mixed units on the base of this car
11.armor tex and cfg files for T-38, T34-42, IS-2(be pleased at Mistwalker attention)
12.gunsight T-35a (PT-1 45 mm gun)
13.SU-85/IS-2 commander interface(be pleased at Mistwalker attention)

PS
Additional:
14. add gunsight "drum" for the StugIII C/D and Ferdinand/Brumbar, and Stug IIIG gunsight as my preference
15. decrease parameter armor_str=2200 for sug III F/G to armor_str=2100
16. add regpoly.engcfg (10 maps available)
17. fix Brumbar texture (cockpit config)
18. add DOT rkka
19. add chanks for insignia to Hetzer model
20. fix “efficiency weight” for:
- T-34-85 from “900” to “600”.
- SU-122 from “900” to “350”.
- T-34-85(desant) from “900” to “700”

21. fix sdkfz 251 (passengers)
22. fix incorrect name T-28 in editor(now u may pick one T-28), transparency holes inside tank.
23. fix flying airplanes (prevent pilots tendency to leave the cockpit).
And personally I’d like to add MG to the bike, but it’s not the current request.

NOTE:
Red color - what's already compiled.

SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:04:46 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:16 PM »

I would add:

1) the gunsight fix.I think a lot of people will approve!

2)the fix for the Marder III and the Ferdinand,

3) the SP 1.5 tanks addon( Marder II x 2).

4)The 10 Fall Blau maps

5) Your test firing maps and missions for the Stug and T35a
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:59:29 PM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 01:33:09 PM »

I would add:
1) the gunsight fix.I think a lot of people will approve!
Could u explain what it does and du u know which way to fix it?

2)the fix for the Marder III and the Ferdinand,
What the fix exactly? As I know they already included into SPM1.5_beta_fix.

3) the SP 1.5 tanks addon( Marder II x 2).
Marders 131/132 and T-35a are already included in mod SP15 new tanks addon by POW, which I suggested to take as a base.

4)The 10 Fall Blau maps
Users who has eng version doesn't need it, isn't it? Or u mean file regpoly.engcfg?

5) Your test firing maps and missions for the Stug and T35a
It's too much for update to include missions, as my point. There're stock missions and SPM1.5 original ones. I think that's quite OK and enough.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:54:20 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

the gunsight fix allows the player to be able to continue shooting without having to deal with a shattered gunsightOnly the edges of the gunsight are broken while 80% of the gun sight remains intact.Very useful considering how often the gunsight get broken and make it all but impossibme to aim especially during night missions.

I know the Marder and Ferdinand are include din the beta fix but I meant to say the Beta fix needs to be included in the Alpha release!

Not the regpoly files but really having trhose maps as part of the full game.I have the English version of Sf and the maps were not enabled.That would be ncie if everybody had them and perhaps missions could be made with the new vehilces that came with Beta 1.5.

Sorry missed the part about the SP 1.5 addon in your list!

I haven't got the Hetzer -Stug caterlpillar tracks fix or swap but anything that can prevent the Hetzers from flipping over the slighest branch or bump on the ground is welcome!

I wonder if the free cam mod is included in Beta 1.5?What about the optic fix made by Tanx or Hemul I believe?Is it needed ? 

Finally I would suggest the TigerVIe pack from ShocK3Wave which adds a new sound to the MG34 and a three colour camo to the Tiger I.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:20:55 PM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »

SPM1.5 necessary update discussion.

I’d like to suggest to discuss all necessary updates, which should be included into SPM1.5 mod.
So, here’re my current necessary adjustments:
Add:
1.new tactical symbol for the new techniques (DOT, bike)
2.new insignias (guardia, skull, lightning…)

I'd suggest adding the New Numbering also, since it has an impact on the common_res file and the tech_cfg files.
By the way, I'm coming up with an update to that, soon  Wink

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:19:54 PM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
norm
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »

I don't know if the gun site in the elephant is accurate or not, but could we get one that can be ranged?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »

the gunsight fix allows the player to be able to continue shooting without having to deal with a shattered gunsigh
OK, I see, but er sugestion is not mistakes fixing - this is improvement. Original effect of gunsight damage was organized by SF authors. So, as my point no need.
(I may suggest u to put the chank wich is responsible for the gunsight, as closer to the turret as it possible Wink

I know the Marder and Ferdinand are include din the beta fix but I meant to say the Beta fix needs to be included in the Alpha release!
To avoid mistakes I'd give a preference to release a separate mod.  I mean installation order:
1. Any Sound Mod
2. SPM1.5
3. SPM1.5 beta fix
4. SP15 new tanks addon v1.1 (or the short name 1.5 NTA 1.1)
5. other improvement mods

Not the regpoly files but really having those maps as part of the full game.
Exactly the file regpoly content  is responsible for the maps availability. There's no problem to add this file. And if someone is out of the mentioned maps there're packs by Kyth: pack1, pack2, pack3.

I wonder if the free cam mod is included in Beta 1.5?
Nope and there's no need it's improvement.
What about the optic fix made by Tanx or Hemul I believe?Is it needed?
It's improvement also, no need.

Finally I would suggest the TigerVIe pack from ShocK3Wave which adds a new sound to the MG34 and a three colour camo to the Tiger I.
It's improvements to the sound and textures.

I'd suggest adding the New Numbering also, since it has an impact on the common_res file and the tech_cfg files.
That would be nice. It'd fix mistakes with numbers and add better abilities to the historical mission creation. I think, that part of mod could be completely at er responsibility Wink

I don't know if the gun site in the elephant is accurate or not
Could u be, please, more detailed?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:23:07 AM by lockie » Logged

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »

I don't know if the gun site in the elephant is accurate or not
Could u be, please, more detailed?

I believe he meant how you don't use the crosshairs to aim the Ferdinand gun. You have to aim abit higher than the target.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »

That would be nice. It'd fix mistakes with numbers and add better abilities to the historical mission creation. I think, that part of mod could be completely at er responsibility Wink

Well, yes.  Lips Sealed

My point being, that the 'markings mod' common_res.engcfg and tech_cfg files might overwrite many of the other fixes above, so it might be better to include it together with the other fixes  Smiley

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »

I believe he meant how you don't use the crosshairs to aim the Ferdinand gun. You have to aim abit higher than the target.
OK, I see. Actually, I didn't test Ferdi under combat conditions neither the way of aiming. What about as for such kind of gunsight "drum" by Mishel_new. Will it suit?
Gunsight "drum" for Brumbar and Ferdinand.

so it might be better to include it together with the other fixes Smiley
OK, accepted Smiley

norm
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »

Yes, the elephant has the same gun site as the stug, which can not be adjusted to account for range, which is a pitty with a machine with a reach like the Ferdinand.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »

Yes, the elephant has the same gun site as the stug, which can not be adjusted to account for range
Did u try a new "drum" gunsight by Mishel_new for Ferdi? As my point, I may adjust Ferdi gunsight on the base of mine gunsite StugIIIG (or give u a source file to adjust as er point), like this:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:22:14 AM by lockie » Logged

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »

Yes, the elephant has the same gun site as the stug, which can not be adjusted to account for range
Did u try a new "drum" gunsight by Mishel_new for Ferdi? As my point, I may adjust Ferdi gunsight on the base of mine(or give u a source file to adjust as er point), like this:

very nice Cheesy

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:47 PM »

very nice Cheesy
Smiley
Means, will it suit as an alternative gunsight to the Stug IIIG? Because it's not originally has to be as it is. The original one has to be as a gunsight kinda "drum":
German Optical Instruments of the World Wars.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 02:17:38 AM »

In reality did the Elefant in fact share the gunsight of the Stug?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »

did the Elefant share the gunsight of the Stug?
Yes, it has the same reticle Sfl.ZF 1a / Rblf 36 as
Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer"
Jagdpanzer IV / 48
Jagdpanzer IV / 70 (A)
Jagdpanzer IV / 70 (V)
Nashorn
StuG III Ausf. F
StuG III Ausf. G
StuG IV
http://www.tarrif.net/cgi/production/vs_optics.php
http://s13.directupload.net/images/101102/vi9hyz3d.jpg

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »

Thanks Lockie!
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »

Somethings I would like addressed but they are pretty low priority stuff and are probably improvements rather then fixes.
1). Ambient sounds: like hearing birds chirping when theres a armored slug fest is going on, plus would you even hear this buttoned up in a tank?
2). Localization: it would be great to have the option of the voice overlays in the game spoken in english (accented of course). I know that the purist might disagree and it would be a slightly less immersive but I would like to see it at least as an option selectable in the GUI.
3). Infantry riding on tanks: I know this feature was being discussed at sukhoi.ru but it never seemed to materialized.
5). Target Ranges: would really like to see these included standard in an SPM, one for each side with the ability to use any player controlled tank at the range.
6). Seasons: Although I understand SFK42 was made with a small slice of history in mind, SFK42 has expanded well beyound this. It would be a nice feature to be able to select a season from the GUI rather then through JSGME.
7). Driver AI: Kyth addressed this issue with some success and it would be great if the driver AI was improved. Far to many times I would draw a bead on an enemy tank and just about to hit the "halt" button and the driver AI would do a 180 turn for no darn good reason  Angry  Wink
I know some of these items I mentioned might be hardcoded and cannot be done, but it does not hurt to ask.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »

Some things necessary for SPM 1.5 - regarding the Pz38(t).

• Optimize the Pz38t 3-D models - they're all way over the polygon / triangle limit.
  • Trim down the number of menu items for the Pz38t in the Mission Editor - they can be reduced to just 5 selections
    (And I think the last 2 are a stretch):
    1 x Pz38t (Variants)
    3 x Pz38t (Variants)
    3 x Pz38t (Variants) + Grenadier Platoon
    1 x Pz38t Command vehicle + 2 Pz38t (Variants)
    1 x Pz38t Command vehicle + 2 Pz38t (Variants) + Grenadier Platoon

Just my 2 cents worth  Smiley

"Yes."
norm
Oberst

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »

3). Infantry riding on tanks: I know this feature was being discussed at sukhoi.ru but it never seemed to materialized.

In the T-34/85, if you give the mount up order, infantry will ride on your tanks. As far as I know this only works for the T-34/85, but I haven't tested it with any others. Also, only six infantry soldiers climb on, I hope that they will squeeze more on in a future patch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: