Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 04:19:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Deviator's Missions  (Read 51534 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: May 15, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »

There's a new series of 6 missions made by Deviator( who already made few good maps and missions for the Panther, KV1 and T 34/85) along with a new map(BSSR2) available for download on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum.There are 6 missions; 3 for each sides and basically pitting SPGs only.On the German side one with the Stug III F ( a toughiee to play with a balance of 10 Roll Eyes I lasted 9 minutes taking out 5 tanksand a SU 85 before being killed by a horde of tanks and infantry.You only get 1 Stug ,3 mgs and a couple of mortars and some Grenadiere not even a PaK!), one with the Brummbaer and one wothe Marder III.I wonder why he didn't make one for the Hetzer as well????On the Soviet side there's one for the SU85, 122 and 152.Here 's the link:

http://depositfiles.com/files/gun1etnsz

(you need to unpack the BSSR2 map which is a datapack file and generate it trhough the map_gen, copy some text files into the Text folder and the lines for the 6 missions into the user_camp folder.There's a read me which come with the doznload and explains what to do.

Enjoy!
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:11:35 PM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:19:41 PM »

On the German side one with the Stug III F ( a toughiee to play with a balance of 10 Roll Eyes
I've made my variant of that mission vs KV-1e included and still can't win at balance "6", inspite of 4guns added, 1 sdkfz 132 and shells store Wink I'm about to add 5 soldiers(recognition div) to the store department as a small reinforcement.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »

I also made some chnages but so no succes.I replaced the lone Stug IIIF with 3 Stug ausf G, 2 of the MGs by a PaK 38 and PaK 40and one of the moratrs bya leig105 and also no success.I was killed by a side shot.On the other hand I played the Brummbaer mission and it's impossible to win or even survive with a vehicle like just by itself.I left it in the game but put 3 Hetzers as player's tank and I got a mission successful the first try(still at a balance of 10)!Woof!I can't wait to play the SU 122 and 152?Huh?? Roll Eyes

Yes I saw your post about the KV1e included!Lucky Lockie! Wink
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »

Finally, I've managed to get it over Smiley It took me, suppose ~20 times at balance "6". I still had 3AP, 9HE and even one sdkfz 251, but vs broken gun Smiley
It's a script of my mission variant.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:50:33 AM »

On the German side one with the Stug III F ( a toughiee to play with a balance of 10 Roll Eyes
I've made my variant of that mission vs KV-1e included and still can't win at balance "6", inspite of 4guns added, 1 sdkfz 132 and shells store Wink I'm about to add 5 soldiers(recognition div) to the store department as a small reinforcement.

I also made some chnages but so no succes.I replaced the lone Stug IIIF with 3 Stug ausf G, 2 of the MGs by a PaK 38 and PaK 40and one of the moratrs bya leig105 and also no success.I was killed by a side shot.On the other hand I played the Brummbaer mission and it's impossible to win or even survive with a vehicle like just by itself.I left it in the game but put 3 Hetzers as player's tank and I got a mission successful the first try(still at a balance of 10)!Woof!I can't wait to play the SU 122 and 152?Huh?? Roll Eyes

Yes I saw your post about the KV1e included!Lucky Lockie! Wink

Huh?

You know, you all might try setting the difficulty to a lower level, to get exactly the same result  Smiley

To explain myself: Isn't the scenario's force balance and order of battle already variable, according to difficulty level?  Huh?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:02:33 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:35:26 AM »

No way I refuse to have it easy! I like fighting against the odds  Cheesy

That's why I don't hunt!I would want the game to have a weapon and shoot back at me Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:01 AM »

No way I refuse to have it easy! I like fighting against the odds  Cheesy

That's why I don't hunt!I would want the game to have a weapon and shoot back at me Grin

True, but by editing the mission's force balance, it may have the effect of lowering the difficulty anyway.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:08:11 AM »

Kyth it doesn't believe me .Playing tDeviator's missions at using my balance is mission impossible.Which why I made changes to the vehicles while keeping th spirit of the missions intact.Lockie did the same too!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »

Okay then,

It just seems to be a lot of tinkering, to get a fair shake  Tongue

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 07:38:47 AM »

A may say that mission for Brumbar is completely out of real conditions. U've to defend the village, but Brumbar wasn't organize for close combat (same vs SU-152). I see a good sample of such mission if Brumbar will take a part in attack action against i.e. soviet DOT's.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »

I totally agree! The Brummbaer, SU 122 and 152 were made to bust bunkers, MG nests, AT and artillery positions, fortifications and blast at infantry.They were not meant to take on tanks or lead offensive attacks against armour ! The rate of reload is too slow and the the amount of ordnance they carried was too low.It's only through sheer luck or badluck that they found themselves fighting tanks or other SPGs.Likewise the JS-2 was not meant to fight German heavy armour unless circumstances allowed( ambush or under attack).
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »

The rate of reload is too slow
In fact the time reloading was about 60sec. So, now 25sec - is a way much better than in reality Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »

Likewise the 1944 JS-2 had in reality a rate of fire of 1.5 to 2 shots a minute.In the game it shoots closer to 3 shots a minute Huh?

My suspicion is that the SU 122 and 152 also reload faster than in reality?Huh?

I can understand why.They would be unplayable otherwise....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 03:42:29 PM »

Likewise the 1944 JS-2 had in reality a rate of fire of 1.5 to 2 shots a minute.
Well, at the total point of view, u're right. I may say only that first three shot(shells) were located near loader and it enabled to reload the gun approximately for 20sec.

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »

I've been reading this thread about Deviator's missions and just DL'd them. I got everything I think but the read me is a text file in cryllic.

How do you go about translating a text file?

Thanks Guys
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

I've been reading this thread about Deviator's missions and just DL'd them. I got everything I think but the read me is a text file in cryllic.

How do you go about translating a text file?

Thanks Guys
H

1. My text file doesn't display cyrillic by default; what I get is something that looks like:
2.Ïóñê-Buka-ðåäàêòîð è óëèòû-ñîçäàòü íîâûé ïîëèãîí.
Ðàñïàêîâàòü-BSSR2-ãåíåðèðîâàòü.

2. I use 'SC Unipad' to convert the mess above into unicode cyrillic:
2.Пуск-Buka-редактор и улиты-создать новый полигон.
Распаковать-BSSR2-генерировать.

3. I use Google Language Tools to do the translation  Grin
2. Start-Buka-editor and utilities, create a new polygon.
 Unzip-BSSR2-generate.

I think 'Buka' is/was the publisher of SF, similar to 'Lighthouse Interactive'.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 02:38:49 AM »

I thought it was Discus who published the game in the East???They are the nice guys holding on to Fall Blau like Scrooge Angry

hemi are you trying to play Deviator's 6 missions on his new BSSR2 map?They are tough and essentially it's the same mission to play over again with impossible vehicles like the Brummbaer.My advice to you is chnage the Sug IIIF for a G model amd put 3 instead of one.Change the SU122 for a JS-2.At least you get a turret and a better vehicle for the mission.Replace a couple of the MG34s by Pak40.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:42:13 AM by frinik » Logged
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 03:13:14 AM »

Frinik
  Yes, I thought that they sounded interesting and already decided that changing/adding vehicle would be wise as I'm nowhere near what could be considered competent. Grin

Kyth
  Thanks, once I saw the gobbledygook I just assumed it was cryllic coming from the Russian forums. I never heard of SC unipad, what is it? I'll try googling it.

Thanks
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 06:12:25 AM »

SCunipad is probable one of those windows features that converts various alphabets character to a specific one which you can then have translated.Otherwise the default one gives you what you have gobbledigook.

Can't remeber how to get those unicode and ansci but if you open micrsoft works under tools you'll find language options with a variety of different langauges and alphabets.Pick say Russian cyrillic and have it translated using the same tool bar under translate.It should work.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:20:14 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »

I never heard of SC unipad, what is it? I'll try googling it.

Thanks
H

SC Unipad is a notepad tool (3rd party) that lets you type in any language with non-Roman alphabet.

Examples:

Arabic
Japanese
Sanskrit
Ancient Sumerian  Shocked

"Yes."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: