Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 10:19:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deviator's Missions  (Read 51533 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

The main difference was the engines (diesel vs gasoline).
The external differences between the M4A2 and M4A3 were actually quite minor:
So, if tanks has a small difference (ONLY two parameters - engine deck grilles and the angle of the plates in the hull rear) it doesn't contradict with a whole idea of SPM UU and must be included in the patch. But if we've a differences with turret it must be removed. Then OK, at least we've explanation of the main conception SPM UU patch. What about T-44, du u think it should be in the patch?

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »

What about T-44, du u think it should be in the patch?

In my opinion, no.  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »

Re the M4A3 I would tend to agree with you guys.Everything I read seems to indicate that the over 4300 Shermans shipped to the USSR were the 75 mm and 76 mm M4A2 models. However it's not impossible that a small number of M4A3 may have been shipped as it says that the Soviets received Shermans up until the summer of 1944. Lockie there's no citation/quote from the article only the pic...So it may very well be that the author mistook a M4A2 model with the 76 mm for the M4A3 one....

The T-44 is still in the Ultimate ? Because I don't have it although it appears in the ME. If we do away with the T-44 for reasons of realism then I would strongly suggest, in the same vein, to get rid of all the British aircrafts such as the Mosquito and others which were introduced into the game last year clogging the ME with useless models which were never supplied to the SU 8).
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »

Honestly, i dont see a reason at all to remove anything. Well, actually the only reason would be if its of a pretty low quality or not possible to make it work 110% because of the model. Other then that keep them all. Mission makers decides anyway what they want to use, no one forces them to use "ww2 post war" tanks. I for example are happy the T-44 is in sf, its a nice tank, even thou its not usable in historical ww2 battles Cheesy
Regarding the sherman, Yes, there are mentionings of M4A3 beeing lend leased to soviet. So having them in missions would be oki. Im not shure about what guns they had thou, 75 or the 76, i have no idea :S

The real heroes are those that never came back.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »

Regarding the sherman, Yes, there are mentionings of M4A3 beeing lend leased to soviet. So having them in missions would be oki. Im not shure about what guns they had thou, 75 or the 76, i have no idea :S
But u told me that u hadn't such information Cheesy Anyway, could u share a proof link?

ps
Personally, I'd like to see this battleship Cheesy

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:06:40 PM by lockie » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2012, 01:39:23 AM »

However it's not impossible that a small number of M4A3 may have been shipped as it says that the Soviets received Shermans up until the summer of 1944.

One thing to understand is that most of the Sherman variants (M4, M4A1, M4A2, M4A3, M4A4) were produced concurrently from mid-1942 to the end of the war. The variants merely indicate different engines and internals.

To say the least, it would have been an unnecessary logistical problem to supply and maintain 2 different variants for a remote 'customer', especially since the M4A2 was in continuous production throughout.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »

Finally, I've managed to fix KV-1s. Obviously, I had damaged or old tank model. So, I had to take it once again from the patch UU june and applied some fixes:
1. fixed vertical movement up/down MG of mgunner.
2. added head4 with gun to the loader.
So, now all crew members can shoot correctly, except driver Smiley
d/l: http://www.4shared.com/rar/XIeLo-p6/kv1s_fix.html

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »

Some pictures for the Deviator's missions:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:29:37 PM by lockie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print