Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 04:38:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ink Blotchy Textures??  (Read 9598 times)
e575fho
Oberleutnant

« on: April 04, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »

Hi everybody, hope you can help me . I recently installed Vista 64 bit on my computer but i have a problem when trying to play Steel Fury. The game installs fine and the training mission loads, but as soon as it has loaded all i get on screen is Black and White textures, much like an ink blot in that they seem to expand. I have 2x 8800 gtx sli, QX6700 processor and 4 gig Corsair Ram. Any ideas ? I noticed a similar post on the Lighthouse forums but they are now down Cry
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »

Hi everybody, hope you can help me . I recently installed Vista 64 bit on my computer but i have a problem when trying to play Steel Fury. The game installs fine and the training mission loads, but as soon as it has loaded all i get on screen is Black and White textures, much like an ink blot in that they seem to expand. I have 2x 8800 gtx sli, QX6700 processor and 4 gig Corsair Ram. Any ideas ? I noticed a similar post on the Lighthouse forums but they are now down Cry
You have installed the patch?

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
e575fho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 03:32:36 PM »

I wasn't aware the patch corrected this?? When i found i couldn,t play i uninstalled. Maybe i will give it a go with the patch then.  Smiley
Thanks for replying.
e575fho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

Well ,i have tried the patch but it's made no difference, still the blotchy black and white effect? any more ideas??  Cry
Moog
Leutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:05:08 PM »

The game was running fine for me following initial installation on an E6600 / 8800GTX / 4Gb RAM / Vista 64. I then installed the patch and a few mods and started getting the ink blot effect.

I tried rolling back the mods all the way to the stock game but the ink blots were still there so I uninstalled the game and made sure to delete any residual files and folders, then did a quick registry scan and registry defrag (which includes a reboot). I reinstalled SF and it was working as normal, then I installed the patch, tried the game (which still worked perfectly), then carefully installed one mod at a time, starting up a mission in-game after each mod to check everything was working.

I'm now running with 10 mods as well as the patch and haven't seen the ink blot textures return yet (touch wood!).

My experience mightn't be much use to you if you have had the ink blots right from the start... the only other thing that I could suggest would be to try out some alternative graphics drivers for your graphics card, making sure that you use Driver Sweeper to remove any trace of the previous drivers after uninstalling. Try the latest ones to begin with, and if they don't work try an older set that are older than the ones you are currently using. Let me know if you need more information about how to do this.

Best of luck with your problem, I hope you manage to get it sorted. You're missing out on one hell of a game!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:06:45 PM by Moog » Logged
e575fho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

Thanks for replying, there is hope for me yet then!  Smiley I notice we have similar systems, i will try your suggestions for sure. I have played the game when i had it running on xp64 bit, so i kind of know what i'm missing- most frustrating !
Regards- Rich
e575fho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »

Just an update. I have managed to get the game working at long last. I reinstalled as suggested and ran everything in compatability mode . I noticed the effect come back though when i changed the resolution, not realising the box for Desktop resolution had already been checked. I am happy now , thanks guys. Theres hope for me now with Steel Fury 1943 Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:11:55 AM by e575fho » Logged
peashooter1
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:11:16 AM »

Another item that I found will cause those inky blotchy patchs on the monitor screen is if you changing your global nvidia setting in advanced mode. I was messing around in advanced settings trying a different setup I found for BoB II WOV, well it worked great for BoB II WOV but totally messed up my monitor (inky blotchy patches) when I went and played SFK:42. I went back in my advanced settings and restored the setting back global and SFK:42 worked fine ,no blotchy patches. I have since learned how to assign different settings in advanced mode to certain games in nVidias  settings and have not had a problem to date. I have a Q4 Intel cpu/8GB DDR2/Vista 64 PHE and a nVidia GT120 card (Gateway OEM GT9500 with 1GB). I have stayed with the Global settings for SFK:42 but sure would like to know the best settings in advanced mode for this game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: