Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 02:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is better than sex  (Read 13010 times)
wolk
Oberleutnant

« on: June 26, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »

I've registered on this forum only to tell how great this game is. I've started with AP Kharkov, later got russian Operation Star and my head has blown from all this awesomeness. It is really a work of love, full of tiny details and surprises - a Combat Mission fan dream come true. The graphics is really great (sic!), it's harsh and dirty, not candy, very very climatic! Sometimes playing this game I feel like watching a war movie, it's so great (and I'm not playing on full of engine possibilities) - watching all those formations and possibilities is pure war orgasm.

Operation Star with latest patch and interface changes is even better - it's sad that it wasn't published in english.

Sorry for such chaotic post (and "engrish" language), but I've had to throw it off from my heart and congratulate Graviteam!
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »

I've forgotten that there is one thing that I don't like in Operation Star changes - new operation map icons. Please don't make the game dumber and leave old military symbol at least as an option to choose. With old icons you felt like moving forces on real operational map, now with Operation Star I feel just like playing an artificial game (on operational map, the rest is ok).
James McKenzie-Smith
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »

Are the icons moddable? There seems to be some moddability in Graviteam's games, so there might be a way to switch back to the old icons.

I am tempted to just buy the Russian release for Operation Star. The wait for an English release is proving to be a little longer than expected, and I am eager to play Graviteam's fantastic (some say better than sex, even) games.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »

There is moddability, but all of the mod tools are in the Russian edition only...
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »

Are the icons moddable? There seems to be some moddability in Graviteam's games, so there might be a way to switch back to the old icons.

I am tempted to just buy the Russian release for Operation Star. The wait for an English release is proving to be a little longer than expected, and I am eager to play Graviteam's fantastic (some say better than sex, even) games.

Don't wait, I don't speak russian and manage to play without problems. New gui from the patch is great, and in the last days there was released another patch and a free mikroaddon (just use google translator on http://www.graviteam.com/news-archive.html)

And I really hope that the icons are moddable - the problem may be, that there are more kinds of army in operation star, so we cannot probably just copy/paste icons from Kharkov (?)
jambai
Leutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »

So how do I actually buy the game? The google-translated Russian site yuplay.ru says I won't actually receive the game if I'm not in certain (eastern european, former SSR) countries. And I ain't from these countries (Sweden). This after choosing the visa/mastercard option; the other choices are probably russian pay sites or something like that, probably inappropriate for me.
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »

Yeah, buying it can be a problem - I'm from eastern european country, but bought it by an auction portal.
DA 1775
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »

I've registered on this forum only to tell how great this game is. I've started with AP Kharkov, later got russian Operation Star and my head has blown from all this awesomeness. It is really a work of love, full of tiny details and surprises - a Combat Mission fan dream come true. The graphics is really great (sic!), it's harsh and dirty, not candy, very very climatic! Sometimes playing this game I feel like watching a war movie, it's so great (and I'm not playing on full of engine possibilities) - watching all those formations and possibilities is pure war orgasm.

Operation Star with latest patch and interface changes is even better - it's sad that it wasn't published in english.

Sorry for such chaotic post (and "engrish" language), but I've had to throw it off from my heart and congratulate Graviteam!

Better than sex ?  That is hilarious.

Olde Tyme SPEARHEAD Soup ! Two (2) Diced Trunion Bearings, One (1) Minced O-Ring water obstacle crossing seal.  One (1) Chopped Loaders Hatch Gasket-- beat gasket with Bore Evacuator Spanner Wrench until tender...
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »

Wolk, you need a change of girlfriend and fast.... Grin
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »

He posted that 2 1/2 years ago.  Hopefully he's seen the error of his ways by now. Tongue

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: