Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 10:43:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: We need more buildings!  (Read 60151 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20:36 PM »

Rends: ive looked into it but i cant, its even more complicated then to get new tanks ingame, its because of all datapacks etc, and i cant even find the script lines for buildings if there are any, the only thing i suppose i can do is change the models already ingame.

But im kind of finished with the building so im gonna post the files here later in a zip so everyone can try to get it ingame if they want!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2011, 08:38:13 AM »

im kind of finished with the building so im gonna post the files here later in a zip so everyone can try to get it ingame if they want!

Good idea, open it up and let them try their hand at it,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »

Here is the promised files.

Anyone is welcome to try or play or change or whatever they want with it =)

The zip contains 5 files, 2 .mtl (dont know if they are needed) and 2 .obj files, one for destroyed (contains 21 parts of the building in a complete mess in the file, hide all and select one and show) and one for the house itself and one .dds file that is the texture file (taken from unpacked datapack from SF itself)

If anyone succesfully got it ingame maybe he/she can make a fast tutorial on the basics and post? If yes i can probably make atleast 2 buildings a week and get them ingame myself. Its gonna be alot faster that way!

lhouse1.zip

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »

Donken, the mtl are the material files and belong to every .obj file.
But,
i'm pretty sure you need to export it as .x files.
From the vehicles import tutorial (you find here as sticky):
1.9 Export settings
Models must be exported in .x format.
If you use 3dsmax I recommend the kW X-port plugin: http://www.kwxport.org/ (you must register to download it). I tried the Panda Soft exporter but IMO kW X-port is much better.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »

Donken, the mtl are the material files and belong to every .obj file.
But,
i'm pretty sure you need to export it as .x files.

1. Ah, i was thinking of something like that.

2. Yes i do know about to export and all that (check my Jagdtiger topic), but this time i did choose to release the model file itself just so ppl can choose their own export settings and even change the model itself if they want! I did it on purpose =)

But i can reupload with the .go files if you cant/dont want to export them yourself and still want to try to get them ingame Tongue

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »

Well i don´t have a working 3D software at the moment. I´ve a very old 3Dmax version (4.x) and Softimages XSI 6 which i can´t get it working on my bootcamp partition on my Mac. Curios thing is it worked some time ago but not any longer for unknown reasons.

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »

ah i see, check back again today and if ive got the time i would have been upload the .go files for you then =)

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »

Well i don´t have a working 3D software at the moment. I´ve a very old 3Dmax version (4.x) and Softimages XSI 6 which i can´t get it working on my bootcamp partition on my Mac. Curios thing is it worked some time ago but not any longer for unknown reasons.

You might want to give Blender a try, it's open-source and more importantly, it's free  Smiley

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 02:51:29 PM »

You might want to give Blender a try, it's open-source and more importantly, it's free  Smiley
Well i´m to lazy or tired to learn another 3D software. I´m somewhat good in XSI, creating 3D models and uv mapping the stuff but i´m not sure if it can export .x files. Maybe i can get it running if i have more time to spend to find the problem....

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »

well, your lazyness is fixed with this update Wink

Here i have converted everything to .go for you. Hopefully you figure out how to get it ingame Cheesy

lhouseexported.zip

EDIT: I think i forgot to change scale in those files, so if its to big/smal just tell me and i reupload again Tongue
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:12:41 PM by Donken » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:43 AM »

Okay everyone,

Hang in there a bit longer, I got the new Donken barn into the game,

Details to follow  Grin

By the way, is everyone still keen on getting new buildings in the game?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:09:44 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 07:45:45 AM »

is everyone still keen on getting new buildings in the game?

Just to prove it's not a figment of my imagination, check out this exciting series of events!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:19:18 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »

Ah great job Kyth!

Any suggestions about the model to me as a modeler? Are some pieces to big or to small? Should i do more or less details etc etc...

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2011, 10:57:34 PM »

Ah great job Kyth!

Any suggestions about the model to me as a modeler? Are some pieces to big or to small? Should i do more or less details etc etc...

Not much to say, the new barn works like the old one. I think, one more cottage before doing other stuff?

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »

Not much to say, the new barn works like the old one. I think, one more cottage before doing other stuff?

I have already started on a little cottage. Model almost finished, i need only to find a texture and then uv map everything.

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 07:25:29 PM »

Donken, please go on creating more buildings even if you don´t have correct textures yet.
I will check my textures folders. Maybe i have something usefull for you.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »

So, does that mean Kyth can script buildings? I can provide some models too.  Tongue
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »

Haha, you and me Mistwalker can probably give Kyth a fulltime job.
Anyway, here is a little cottage:

Ive read a few tutorials on Gimp so i could change contrast/brightness on a few pieces so it doesnt look thaat bad so hopefully this texture is acceptable. That is the best i can do Cheesy
Next im gonna try to follow Kyths tutorial and see if i can get it igm myself or throw out the computer.

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »

I have a somewhat done citybuilding Smiley its not colored or anything though and it's a .DAE file, which is blender compatible Smiley

http://www.mediafire.com/?ucxp51pacb1ev7d

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »

I have a somewhat done citybuilding Smiley its not colored or anything though and it's a .DAE file, which is blender compatible Smiley

http://www.mediafire.com/?ucxp51pacb1ev7d

Hmm, i thought i could import it as i have a collada importer/exporter wich uses .DAE files but i got 134 errors xD So no go there for me. But do you think you can export it as .obj or .3ds instead?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: