Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 12:56:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: We need more buildings!  (Read 60149 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »

Great Kyth!

Do you have other buildings to script into game or shall i try to make one or two more?

Are you finishing up the cottages? Maybe give the walls a whitewash texture for a change,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »

One more house!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »

Maybe you ought to re-work your houses, lately they seem to be out of proportion, somehow  Huh?

A nice reference site:

http://storinka-m.kiev.ua/article.php?id=763

Good source for weathered textures:

http://www.cgtextures.com/

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »

Maybe you ought to re-work your houses, lately they seem to be out of proportion, somehow  Huh?

Changing sizes of doors, windows and height of the house itself or roof is a 5sec job, but do you know a rough estimate of how big all parts should be? Door size (lenght, width)? House height for 1 plan house (like the one in my last render) Because i have no idea at all, ive never been interested in houses so to speak ^^

all my latest textures are from the site you linked to and the site for ref pictures is the one i have used for the cottages Tongue

EDIT: Here i lowered house and roof a little only.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:18:03 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »

Changing sizes of doors, windows and height of the house itself or roof is a 5sec job, but do you know a rough estimate of how big all parts should be? Door size (lenght, width)? House height for 1 plan house (like the one in my last render) Because i have no idea at all, ive never been interested in houses so to speak ^^

Cheesy

I'm quite sure there're plenty of convenient real-life references,

As quick rule of thumb, doors are around 2 to 2.5 metres high; ceiling height (up to the rafters) around 3 to 3.5 metres. Windows are generally spaced out according to how the rooms are arranged, at least one or 2 per room. All this has an effect on the exterior appearance,

"Yes."
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »

Thank you very much for the work. Unfortunately, the new objects do not appear in the editor at the landfill. Has anyone encountered this problem?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »

Thank you very much for the work. Unfortunately, the new objects do not appear in the editor at the landfill. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Hi,

If it's installed succesfully, the new buildings should appear listed in the Map Editor as 'House 2', 'Barn 2', and 'Windmill 1':

After assigning the buildings to the contours, the map has to be generated again, (it may take a few minutes)

Good luck!

"Yes."
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »

I'm sorry, modification does not work. The game does not see the text file. Corrections to the Russian version, did not give a positive result.

Screenshot - http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=57251&page=23&p=1708644&viewfull=1#post1708644
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:54:16 AM by stone2009 » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »

I'm sorry, modification does not work. The game does not see the text file. Corrections to the Russian version, did not give a positive result.

Screenshot - http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=57251&page=23&p=1708644&viewfull=1#post1708644

Okay, I found the problem  Smiley

You need to have the file 'objects.engcfg' in the 'obj_cfg' folder.

Nothing's changed with the 'objects.engcfg' file, it just needs to be present.  Shocked

The download file has been updated with this file included! The link is the same:

http://www.4shared.com/file/piqAX22G/Newbuildingsv3.html

Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:38:23 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »

Thank you very much!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »

Hi, there's one more update, found while tweaking away,

It seems that the game requires the whole 'obj_cfg' folder for the stock buildings and objects to get destroyed properly. 
Otherwise, they just disappear instantly! the moment you collide  Shocked

The file now includes the rest of the obj_cfg folder. The download link remains the same:

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2011, 01:43:23 AM »

Kyth do I understand correctly and you tweak/fix applies to the existing buildings in the game as well?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2011, 02:09:50 AM »

Kyth do I understand correctly and you tweak/fix applies to the existing buildings in the game as well?

I guess it's one of the quirks of the game, all the old and new object config files have to be in the same folder, otherwise something doesn't work right,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2011, 05:27:32 AM »

Wait a minute! So in order for all objects to be properly destroyed we just need to repace our existing obj_cfg folder with your and all the objects( buildings) will be destroyed properly?

BY the way is your file a mod to be enabled or do we have to manually add very single file into the game?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »

Wait a minute! So in order for all objects to be properly destroyed we just need to repace our existing obj_cfg folder with your and all the objects( buildings) will be destroyed properly?

That is correct. Anyway fresh installs don't start out with an obj_cfg folder, I had to extract mine from the datapack. This mod makes things a bit easier by eliminating that extra task, 

BY the way is your file a mod to be enabled or do we have to manually add very single file into the game?

It is a mod, to be enabled using JSGME,

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »

Suppose, we'll see soon a new building from stone2009!

Provocative signature removed
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »

Hi, there's one more update, found while tweaking away,

It seems that the game requires the whole 'obj_cfg' folder for the stock buildings and objects to get destroyed properly. 
Otherwise, they just disappear instantly! the moment you collide  Shocked

The file now includes the rest of the obj_cfg folder. The download link remains the same:

Guys do not D/L this file. I think it's infected with an FBI Randsomeware malware, it will lock you out of your PC. I just got it off my PC an hour ago (Malwarebytes nailed it) Tried to PM Kyth about it but his PM is shut down due to possible infection, hope this all gets sorted out soon  Sad
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2012, 07:00:07 AM »

----------------------------------------------------

Suppose, we'll see soon a new building from stone2009!

Lockie I thought he had retired from SF?Huh?

Panzerfaust; thanks for the warning!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »

Guys do not D/L this file.
U're serious? Coz this file already implemented a long time ago ~1 year and nobody had complains abt virus.

It's a good surprise!

Provocative signature removed
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »

Guys do not D/L this file.
U're serious? Coz this file already implemented a long time ago ~1 year and nobody had complains abt virus.

It's a good surprise!

Serious as a heart attack lockie. I was collecting together SFK42 mods for storage on disk, somehow I missed a few (this was one). I thought it was odd too since this is an older file and I don't know how Kyth stores his files at 4Shared (like in an public account or just single one offs). Being I'm not a PC geek I do not know if one infected file can infect all files in a users account or just that one file. I'm pretty confident the maleware came from that file since this was the first download I have done in weeks. I did want to get a PM to Kyth first about this, but because I couldn't I felt I should at least put a warning out there. I have to wonder how safe my SFK42 mediafire site file downloads are now  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: