Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 10:21:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop the infantery yelling?  (Read 9030 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« on: October 09, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »

Is there a way to stop infantry yelling all over the time? It nervs after a while when you are close to a soldier position and get the football stadium atmosphere.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:52:55 AM »

It depends if you want to terminate all the voices or not.You can go into the :data\k42\loc_rus\sounds\speech folder.
In there you"ll find all the sound files for the infantry , tank crews etc.Just remove the one that you want and I suspect your battlefield will become quiet.Alternatel,y in the game menu there's an option to turn off all voices if that 's what you want.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »

Hm it seems that the same wav files are in 3 different fiolders within the speech folder. I removed all officer yellings from the inf ger folder but that didn´t work. Will do the same with the other 2 folders. Let´s see if i can make them quite,lol.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »

I removed all officer yellings from the inf ger folder but that didn´t work.
It wont help. U've to replace original file on a new vs silence. If u just remove file - the game will take the same one from his archive.

Provocative signature removed
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

Is there a way to stop infantry yelling all over the time? It nervs after a while when you are close to a soldier position and get the football stadium atmosphere.

You have to replace according speech files with silence files. I've done that almost 2 years ago for "left", "right", "forward" etc. commands  so now I can give instructions where to drive in silence.  Grin Another way is to replace annoying speech files with the files you like, let's say from another game.
tkairshows
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »

How do you make the silence files?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »

It's a very simple. Just open er appropriate file vs infantry speech in any sound editor, i.e. "Cool Edit" and remove speech content, then place in a silence, i.e. 1sec.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 06:42:23 AM »

It'll have to be a recording of someone (or something) that's not yelling  Wink

Good news, you only need to do it once.

p.s. Any burping or farting might spoil the effect.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:51:10 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 07:58:21 AM »

The one I would silence is the infamous " Wir sind unter beschuss!" that they yell all the time even when all is quiet on the Eastern front.... Roll Eyes
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »

Now, it would be a major problem if anyone starts yelling back  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »

Yes, there is: MG-42... Wink

Sorry, couldn't help myself... Smiley

FW
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 05:09:33 AM »

Hi FW!Thta's actually something on my wish list.Why can't we have the MG-42 in the game in addition to the MG-34.Probably the best MG ever invented and still used in slightly modified version( the MG-3) by the Bundeswehr and dozens of other armies.Even the American M60 MG was devised based on the Mg-42.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

I would be glad if someone could upload a silent sound file compatible to the game. Then we can go on copy&paste and rename it to the sound files we don´t want to hear any longer.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »

Here's a sample vs a silence. I picked up a first file: ...\data\k42\loc_rus\sounds\speech\ger\gdanger_5.wav and put in a silence instead original content.
So, now u can make a copy of this file and rename it as gdanger_4.wav (or whatever u want) and u'll hear a silence.

starnon5
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »

Regarding voice sounds, I'm sure that when I'm in a German tank that there is a rogue Russian voice file. I think it's something to do with a damaged tank, I can't speak russian or german but it sounds more like the voice-over tones on the russian side.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »

Here's a sample vs a silence. I picked up a first file: ...\data\k42\loc_rus\sounds\speech\ger\gdanger_5.wav and put in a silence instead original content.
So, now u can make a copy of this file and rename it as gdanger_4.wav (or whatever u want) and u'll hear a silence.
I renamed the file to stop the german officier yelling and put it in the ger folder, didn´t worked. Than i placed it in the ger_inf folder, still yelling ingame. But after i copied it into the tank ger folder the yelling stopped. There are overall 7 files to make the officier silent.

Regarding voice sounds, I'm sure that when I'm in a German tank that there is a rogue Russian voice file. I think it's something to do with a damaged tank, I can't speak russian or german but it sounds more like the voice-over tones on the russian side.
Never heard a russian voice in a german tank (i am german). But even the german tank hit voice starts nerving after a while.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »

I have a collection of new German voice sampes here. But I'm bad at German, so I need help in separating the samples by categories. Anyone from Germany or with good understanding of the language? Smiley
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »

I have a collection of new German voice sampes here. But I'm bad at German, so I need help in separating the samples by categories. Anyone from Germany or with good understanding of the language? Smiley
Mistwalker PM me and i will have a look at the sound files next weekend. I´m busy with real life this week but have time to spend at the weekend .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: