Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:07:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone working on a SPM update?  (Read 10141 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« on: October 09, 2011, 09:55:26 AM »

To add the new tanks and unlock the platoon selections like the PzIII h for players?
BTW : A SF42 platoon is normaly made of 3 tanks while in Panzer Elite it was a platoon of 4 tanks.
So what is historical correct? I would like to have platoons made of 2 or 4 tanks too.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »

I doubt anypone is going to fulfill your wish.I suspect you can do it yourself by adding entries into the common units folder but after looking itno it I gave up because frankly its pure Greek trying to understand the values ascribed to certain items.Try asking Iceman he might be able to indicate how do you get what you want into the ME and what line to write.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »

Afaik they are working on new SPM.

Anyway. I wanted to add my Jagdtiger in mission editor for buggtesting and lots of stuff and i got this reply on a question to Mistwalker:

Add this in your common_units file:

You can make a platoon of those by adding in units() block lines like wer_platoon_hspg1,0,0.5,wer_jagdtiger,3,,,,,,,,; where 3 is the number of units, and adding in editor() block line
wer_platoon_hspg1,txt_med_platoon_hspg1_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_spgs_wer,0,1,AAA,0x1f,spg,spg;

and adding in any file in text folder the following:
txt_med_platoon_hspg1_wer()
{
Jagdtiger platoon x3;
}

So if you change Jagdtiger to pz3 and change from hspg to tank (whatever it is in the editor) and add a new text file you can make whatever change you want in size etc
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:26:32 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »

yes but i won´t mess with the stuff myself. I will leave it to the guys who know this stuff.
I´m doing maps and missions only and will work with what the SPM team is giving me to play with.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »

Thanks for the tip Donken! Smiley
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »

To add the new tanks and unlock the platoon selections like the PzIII h for players?
Im working on Pz IV H-early camo Tiger-KV85-Ktiger tweaked model-PantherA-some my own missions update, so I can unlock Pz III cz too, but it won't be soon - I still need about a month.

BTW : A SF42 platoon is normaly made of 3 tanks while in Panzer Elite it was a platoon of 4 tanks.
So what is historical correct?
Afair everything is correct. You should keep in mind that platoons often didn't fight in full strength. For USSR full strength platoon of 3 medium tanks is correct and platoon of 4-6 heavy tanks is correct. For Wehrmacht it should be about 4-5 tanks in a platoon. Still there could be some weird AI behaviour if you set a large number of tanks in the platoon. I've tried 4 and 5 it works fine but as a precaution I never set  more than 3 tanks in a group. Here's what I mean:

rkka_platoon_ktank5,0,0.5,rkka_kv85,3,rkka_platoon_inf,1,rkka_kv85,1,,,;

or even:

wer_platoon_ktank7,0,0.5,wer_pz4h,1,wer_pz4h,1,wer_pz4h,1,wer_pz4h,1,,;

By the way, does anyone know what 0.5 stands for?  Huh?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:03:50 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »

[
By the way, does anyone know what 0.5 stands for?  Huh?

I read somewhere,  Smiley that's the probability weightage, for use in the 'randoms()' entries,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »

I followed your advice and tried to enter groups of 3 Tiger IIs in the mE.They are there in the list of units when you create missions but the moment I try playing a trila mission I get the dreaded 001 white screen .IT's text error but I have no clue what I forgot or did wrong...
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »

Grin

"Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out."

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 06:12:22 AM »

I followed your advice and tried to enter groups of 3 Tiger IIs in the mE.They are there in the list of units when you create missions but the moment I try playing a trila mission I get the dreaded 001 white screen .IT's text error but I have no clue what I forgot or did wrong...

Okay, I'm better now  Grin

You might want to see yl's mission readme file (the one with plenty of King Tigers) on what lines to add in, which I think is what you're aiming for,

Let me also dig up again, some choice nuggets of information, which I think need another airing:

The way I see it, within the 'common_units.engcfg' there's a bit of a hierarchy about which section needs to be set up first:

units() >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> groups() >>>>>>>>>>>>>> editor()                   
                           | |
                           | |
                         randoms()

(randoms() entries are meant for 2 or more different tanks or variants to appear in a grouping - the exact composition varies randomly each time a mission starts

up, ensuring some 'replayability' for that mission.)

Before adding new items to the editor() section, you'll need to make sure they also exist in the groups() section,

Also, there's a bit of hierarchy within the groups() section itself:

For example, a tank platoon entry derives from other entries in groups():

crewman ('units' entry)----> crew ('groups' entry)----|
                                                      |-------> single tank ('groups' entry)------> tank platoon ('groups' entry)
tank ('units' entry)----------------------------------|

When adding a new tank platoon in groups(), make sure the single tank entry is there as well,
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:14:43 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:56 AM »

Thanks for the clarification Kyth!I actually did follow the hierrarchy.I did not need to enter anything inthe units since the Tiger II is already entered.I did add a value into the groups and the ditor lines and into the Text files as well( although there´s a bit of a problem as there are 2 text files one with Tiger units created when they introduced the Tiger I and II into the game and another one called SPM1.5 units.I added the lines into both and thne undid the one in Tiger Units and kept only one in SPM 1.5 units.But I forgot to add anythign to the Randoms ???Not sure what I am supposed to add actually?Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »

Thanks for the clarification Kyth!I actually did follow the hierrarchy.I did not need to enter anything inthe units since the Tiger II is already entered.I did add a value into the groups and the ditor lines and into the Text files as well( although there´s a bit of a problem as there are 2 text files one with Tiger units created when they introduced the Tiger I and II into the game and another one called SPM1.5 units.I added the lines into both and thne undid the one in Tiger Units and kept only one in SPM 1.5 units.But I forgot to add anythign to the Randoms ???Not sure what I am supposed to add actually?Huh?

"Randoms()" is optional.

You'll really need to look at the existing entries to see how it's done:

1. I'd recommend unwinding backwards - starting with the text file containing some existing familiar unit names, (as they appear in the Mission Editor). Each of these text names is given a tag, something like 'txt_med_<etc etc etc>'.

2. Look for the tag name in the editor() section of the common_units.engcfg file (use the Find, Ctrl-F command in Notepad). In one of the entries, the 'txt_med_<etcetcetc>' tag should be linked to a grouping, which is normally named something like 'wer_platoon_<something>' or 'rkka_platoon_<somethingelse>'.

3. Look for the grouping name in the groups() section of the common_units.engcfg file (use the Find, Ctrl-F command in Notepad). The 'wer_platoon_<something>' name should be listed in something that looks this : wer_platoon_hspg1,0,0.5,wer_jagdtiger (for example) ,3,,,,,,,,; Take note of whatever tank name is specified in the underlined portion!

4. Look for the tank name in the groups() section of the common_units.engcfg file (use the Find, Ctrl-F command in Notepad). This tank name should be linked to it's components (vehicle, crew, crew members).

5. Look for the vehicle and crew members in the units() section of the common_units.engcfg file (use the Find, Ctrl-F command in Notepad).

Grin You get the picture! Check out of any of the links are missing! Anything that's properly configured should link back all the way to the basic elements.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »

The error or omission I made must be small because I have the * 3 Tiger aus B in the list of tanks in the ME when I open it to create a mission.The question is what???I´ll look again ( it´s good practice and a portend of what´s awaiting me when I start culling the mods Undecided
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:38:42 PM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »

I append below, the relevant portion from yl's readme file for his 'Ambush' mission. These are the 3 entries you need to make, take note of the linkages:

2.Add in the following line to the common_units_engcfg file:
groups()
{

//king tiger
wer_platoon_htann18,0,0.5,wer_htann2,3,,,,,,;

}
editor()
{

//king tiger
wer_platoon_htann18,txt_med_platoon_htann18_wer, SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AA,0x1f,tankh,;

}

3.Add in the following line to the SPM1.5_units.text file:
loc_rus()
{

txt_med_platoon_htann18_wer()   { 3x Pz-VI Ausf. B "Tiger II" ; }

}

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:02:03 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »

Thanks Kyth! I ll try that! Wink
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »

Back to topic:
Anyone (still) working on a SPM update or will the last version stay forever?

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 11:02:43 AM »

Back to topic:
Anyone (still) working on a SPM update or will the last version stay forever?

Mistwalker has told in a previous post that he is currently working on a SPM update:

Im working on Pz IV H-early camo Tiger-KV85-Ktiger tweaked model-PantherA-some my own missions update, so I can unlock Pz III cz too, but it won't be soon - I still need about a month.

In the meantime, I think that the update for "SPM 1.5 beta NTA 1.4" that is needed is the one posted by Kyth. I think it could be adequate until Mistwalker releases his proper update.

The regular SPM 1.5 unit list does not include any playable Panzer IIIJ L/42. But it is possible to 'unlock them' with additional entries in the 'common_units' and 'common_res' files. Anyway, here's a set that I prepared earlier... based on SPM 1.5 (update 1.4):
http://www.4shared.com/file/Qu-4GhsS/PanzerIIIkz.html

How to use:

After activating in JGSME, the new playable units can be found in the ME listing under 'Medium Tanks (Wehrmacht)':

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »

Another KT? Perhaps the limited series with the so-called Porsche turret( designed by Porsche but actually still made by Henschel like the regular series ).Tweaked?
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »

Another KT? Perhaps the limited series with the so-called Porsche turret( designed by Porsche but actually still made by Henschel like the regular series ).Tweaked?

It's the same KT. But on the old model some parts missing, some proportions incorrect, etc. As an example look at the very first JS-2 from Tiger Mod and compare it with the newest model.
And yes, no Porche turrets.  sPzAbt. 503 "Feldherrnhalle" was the only unit armed with 2 of those on Eastern front.  Grin That is not counting 15 vehicles issued to Heeres Waffenamt, but I don't know anything about them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:58:26 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: