Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 02:39:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 13719 times)
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »

Ok will do. Just realised today I did not have installed the English 1.5 Beta Patch, so I could not read the missions anyway! Now I can do so.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »

Definately follow Rends advice tonyuk. I failed many missions because I forgot or disreguarded my mission objectives.
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »

As fast as I solve one problem I find something else. With regard to Desert Mod. Since I loaded this up all my tanks and infantry are AK colour brown. I am sure prior to this they were grey on the Russian Front. I have deactivated the mod but no difference. I can hardly tell the difference between German and Russian infantry like this. If this Mod is the reason is they something else I need to do to get back original colours?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

Yerp the mpod is indeed the cause. When I installed the Desert mod in the days that I had the Steel panzer mod installed all my infantry and tanks/vehicles took a golden colour.No matter what I tried the Desert cam textures remained.What you can try to cancel the effect is disenable your desert mod then re-enable your Beta 1.5 or NTA 1.3/1.4 and see what the result is...No guarantee it will work though.Or try replacing the texture files for the vehicles, humands and equipment by those taken from a clean Beta 1.5 mod.That should work...
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »

Simplest way was to uninstall and start over again. Kept a copy of my mods folder, and now usual grey colour again.

I will try to give you guys a break now, except to ask if any of the missions are subject to an unmentioned time limit?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »

Yes anmd no.If one of the mission's objectives is to seize a bridge or meet another platoon at the beginning of mission and you wander about and fail to reach the meeting point intime thne you risk failing it.There's no time limit per se but you have to obey the instructions in a timely fashion given otherwise ....
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »

Many thanks for all your helpful comments.

Happy 2012 to all, and hope this game continues to be developed in the WWII theme,  with maybe an expansion to come. I honestly do not think tank battles in Angola and the like will hold much interest for long.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »

Are you talking about SABoW or SF? SF is going to have soonan Afghan mod.Stone 2009 has imported the T-62 and the M-60 into the game and some maps.SABoW is likely to have a WWII mod before long I suspect. As for the interest in Angola and Afghanistan you may be right.However once modders get their hands on the game you may see new maps may be Eastern or Central Europe and Cold War type scenarios NATO vs the Warsaw pact or even the Israeli-Arab wars with lots of new tanks; Centurions, Merkavas, T-72s, AMX 30, Ma1A who knows even Leopard I or 2s, Chieftains, Challengers etc...
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »

SF actually, but you have a point, I will have to buy SABOW if SF is no longer being developed, and for £10 I may as well get it, and hope it eventually has some WW11 mods.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »

I suspect SF- like Panzer Elite - will still have new maps and missions models and improvments added by the hard core fans and is likely to last for another 10 years or more...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: