Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 04:03:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbarossa Campaign beta starts  (Read 41503 times)
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »

A 10 mission campaign! Awesome stuff Rends  Smiley
Cheers
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »

Yep 10 missions. Guess i need a week to finish the last 2 missions and another week to polish the campaign before it goes gold,lol.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 01:23:26 AM »

Nice Rends and very interesting with so many buildings in one map.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 02:24:19 AM »

Wow! I guess Rends stands for :

Really
Extraordinary
New
DevelopmentS! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:54:32 AM by frinik » Logged
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »

Here you go:
http://rends.gametoast.com/RENDS_Website/Welcome.html
Click on the SF42 icon for the campaign link.

edit: Update. beta 2 with 3 missions is out now!

For installation simple follow the readme file you find in the zip file

Notice: Most importand i need someone to fix the tank falling from the bridge problem. It adds an extra thrill if or if not all tanks made it over the bridge but i would prefer to have no trouble when AI drives over it.

Anyway, feedback is welcome Cheesy

Cannot get this mod to show in my mission list at all. followed instructions exactly I think, Prokhorovka appears in the list OK.
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »

Ok sorted it, did not have under the data folder!!
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »

Great.
Don´t forget to check this thread in the next days. The final version with 10 missions is underway and soon to be finished.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:09:47 PM by Rends » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »

Just in time for the New year! Yeah!Keep them coming Rends! Cheesy
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »

I hope to finish them before new year. I just did the situation maps from 22. June to 26.June.
Still need todo the briefings and tweaking the missions 9 and 10.

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 12:19:29 AM »

Sorry if this has already been reported, but just CTD'd on the mission where you have to capture a crossroads and afterwards a Russian officer at a nearby farm - it happened the exact same moment a tank that was near the farm appeared from the woods and started shooting its MG. Didn't see the tank clearly because of the foliage so I can't say which one it was - I can just guess that it wasn't the BA-10 or what have you, since the AI reported it as a tank. :/
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 02:18:12 AM »

Sorry if this has already been reported, but just CTD'd on the mission where you have to capture a crossroads and afterwards a Russian officer at a nearby farm - it happened the exact same moment a tank that was near the farm appeared from the woods and started shooting its MG. Didn't see the tank clearly because of the foliage so I can't say which one it was - I can just guess that it wasn't the BA-10 or what have you, since the AI reported it as a tank. :/

Was it a crash to the desktop, or did you see the '001: Error'? (mentioned earlier in this thread)

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »

The same thing happened to me just a week ago and it was the 001 error. I've played this particular mission a number of times and I got the same error at the same place in the mission I think twice since I DL'd the first five missions. After restarting the mission it played out fine so it doesn't happen each and every time.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:36 AM »

Played that mission 6 or 7 times; never had a crash....
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 05:25:22 AM »

Guys it sounds like a similar problem I had awhile back. I don't know if you remember this one Rends but we were trying to figure out what was wrong and causing my .001 error at SimHq with this same mission. We poured over all possibilities and couldn't find exactly out what was causing this. At the time I had NTA 1.4 and the Mission Pack 1c activated in JSGME, it was then I remembered that the mission pack wasn't fully tested with NTA 1.4. So I uninstalled it, all the missions from Rends/Kyth and frinik and NTA 1.4. Basically all I had left in JSGME was SPM 1.5 beta and it's fixes. I then reinstalled and activated everything except the mission pack and low and behold Rends missions now played without the .001 crash. I never tried NTA 1.3 with the mission pack and Rends Barbarossa 1-5 missions so I don't know if it will work. But for me having NTA 1.4 and Mission Pack 1c activated in JSGME caused the same problems with Rends Barbarossa you guys are describing.
Cheers
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »

I didn't change any basic file in the "mission pack". There were the next files included:
- polygons
- images
- music
- text
- textures
- mission scripts
If the mission crashed in the middle, I think it's because of the scripts itself, imho.

Provocative signature removed
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »

Hm, if the Script is wrong it should happen to everyone or?

What i found out with SF (not this mission but with others) that the game engine is very Sound sensitive. Some user made missions (not mine) crashed and for a test i disabled the Sound ingame and the missions worked. What i did next was turning off Sound hardware acceleration in WindowsXP and turned the sound ingame on again and this time the mission worked.

So try this out first. If it doesn´t help follow Panzerfaust suggestions and report.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »

What i found out with SF (not this mission but with others) that the game engine is very Sound sensitive. Some user made missions (not mine) crashed and for a test i disabled the Sound ingame and the missions worked.
I think u're right. Musics can cause a crash sometimes.

Provocative signature removed
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »

Was it a crash to the desktop, or did you see the '001: Error'? (mentioned earlier in this thread)

Ah yes, sorry for the faulty bug report, it was indeed the '001: Error' message.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »

Ah yes, sorry for the faulty bug report, it was indeed the '001: Error' message.

Are you playing the latest version of Mission 4?
I remember there was an update to the mission script, to fix the 001 error,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »

Well, I downloaded the latest beta version of the campaign, the one with 5 missions instead of 4. Afaik, that should be the latest one?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: