Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 11:17:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission "Real Churchill!".  (Read 14825 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 21, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »

It's time to have a look at the new honey-boney - CHURCHILL MKIII and how this baby bites in battle Smiley
The mission made on the NTA 1.3. base. There're two variants of installation: light and full.

Light is completely manually installation, it has a small size 736kb and u almost don't need to change the next files: common_res.engcfg, common_units.engcfg. It's a good choice if u've installed tank "Churchill" already.
Full is almost automatically installation by JSGME vs all features included. It has much bigger size 45,5Mb and files common_res.engcfg, common_units.engcfg will be replaced.
ATTENTION! The full mission variant was made at the base as “INSTALL-PLAY-UNINSTALL”, because I had to add new units, new tank Churchill and made some fixes. Don’t forget to UNINSTALL the mission after the game over! Or use it at your risk. (This mission-mod as itself does as a kind of incomplete update to SPM 1.5 NTA1.3).

Features of the full installation:
- mission created on the base of the polygon kh43_m01_sokolovo
- added a new tank Churchil MkIII
- added binoculars to gunner
- changed parameter “armor_str=2050”
- slightly fixed armor map and adjusted parameter “armor_thick=40”
- added an original gunsight reticle “№39 mkIIs”
- added new sound shell reloading
- added a completely new parameter “tank’s head deformation” to tanks config file
- added a new units “3xPzIV F2”, “2xPzIV F2”
- added cockpit SU-100
- a small changes were applied to polygon sokolovo(added new trenches)

Testing: SVN, Frinik

Credits:
- SF authors
- SPM 1.5 team
- Maleshkin, Stone2009 (tank Churchill, cockpit SU-100)
- Iceman (polygon kh43_m01_sokolovo)
- Frinik (mission text)
- SHUN (tank’s turret deformation)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:52:47 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

Thank you lockie as a noob, I really appreciate the one click install Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »

Thank you lockie as a noob, I really appreciate the one click install Smiley
With my pleasure Smiley I recommend to start from the balance "1", coz mission is really hard at least for me Wink

ps
I've forgotten to add a new sound of shell reloading to Churchill. So, a full version was re-uploaded and the mission name changed to "Real Churchill v1.1a full".
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:24:33 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »

Great stuff Lockie!Thanks!I downloaded the full rar and hope it works for me this time!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »

Great stuff Lockie!Thanks!I downloaded the full rar and hope it works for me this time!
Thanks Frinik! I hope that mission now will go without problem. A bit hint to be able to get a victory ending, try to close the DOT embrasure by er tank, coz they works too much effective against infantry. Unfortunately, tank Churchill armament is not effective against DOTs Sad I'm still thinking to replace T-34-42 on SU-122.
How it could be or not, but first - the mission way belongs to the splendid polygon by comrade Iceman! I take off my hat to his excellent work!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:19:02 PM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 01:45:54 AM »

No problem Comrade Lockie we shall destroy the Fascists pillboxes with our bare hands for for Comrade Stalin if need be! Wink

BTW Lockie you did entirely use the text I had given you and you used yours with some grammatical errors:

1)the village Sokolovo = the village of Sokolovo
2) prepered  = prepared to repel either the enemy counter-attack or enemy counter-attacks

3) They’re like a Devil and attacks with an inhuman blind fury!Does not sound too standard English to me.Better to say " They are like the Devil "or " They are Devils and attack( no s) with blind, inhuman fury!"

4) balanse = balance ( not every ce en standard English is spelled se in American usage Grin)

5) If user tank trap on the mine fields - the mission fail  = if the user tank trips on the mine fields the mission fails

I don't mean to rap( scold) you but if my name is credited with drafting or correcting the mission text I want to make sure that the corrections I made are reflected in the final version Wink
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:30:07 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »

Thank u, comrade Frinik! Motherland is already over head and ears in debt to u Cheesy
Soon u'll be promoted and awarded to the good combat ration (bread, butter, tinned stew and 100gr vodka).

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »

Forget the bread, butter etc just pass on the damn vodka! And give me the Belorussian one it's the best( although the Polish oen come close second...°
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »

Forget the bread, butter etc just pass on the damn vodka!
Of course u do! But first u've to capture Sokolovo! Cheesy

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »

Loving this Lockie, thank you very much Smiley

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »

Thank you Lockie, finished it now, any plans to do any more missions, or is it just the one.

Also...

Any plans to do anymore single installs with a tank and missions, as a noob it is very nice. Maybe a winter mission and the Ferdinand or some such?

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

Thank you Lockie, finished it now, any plans to do any more missions, or is it just the one.
Of course, I've a plan to make more, i.e. for Jagdtiger.

Any plans to do anymore single installs with a tank and missions, as a noob it is very nice. Maybe a winter mission and the Ferdinand or some such?
Single install is quite uncomfortable method, I had to do that, coz of a new tank presence. It's possible to create a mission for Ferdinand, i.e. on the same polygon. Du u 've some ideas how the mission should look? Wink

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »

Single install is quite uncomfortable method, I had to do that, coz of a new tank presence. It's possible to create a mission for Ferdinand, i.e. on the same polygon. Du u 've some ideas how the mission should look? Wink

Sorry lockie, I do not understand Smiley

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 07:23:16 PM »

I mean, du u've idea how the mission for Ferdinand does? Attack/defense or attack+ defense or just go and smash everything out? For example, I've the next idea. There're three Ferdinands and spg's must attack and break the enemy defense, but before the defense position is located a mine field. So, the first step of mission: u've to make a cover to er supper squad (destroy DOTs/infantry) from the distance ~800m and then move forward to complete the mission, i.e. capture village.

murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »

I mean, du u've idea how the mission for Ferdinand does? Attack/defense or attack+ defense or just go and smash everything out? For example, I've the next idea. There're three Ferdinands and spg's must attack and break the enemy defense, but before the defense position is located a mine field. So, the first step of mission: u've to make a cover to er supper squad (destroy DOTs/infantry) from the distance ~800m and then move forward to complete the mission, i.e. capture village.

I like the sound of that lockie

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 03:17:55 AM »

LOckie your scenario sounds a bit farfetched!The Elefant/Ferdinand was never used against infantry.In fact it´s very vulnerable to infantry attacks because of the absence of MGs. The E/F was designed to fight and repel armoured attacks. On the othe rhand in your scenario I could see Stugs IIIF and Panzer IV F1 or 2 with infantry and the E/F acting as support 800 metres behind pounding on artillery/AT or infnatry posiitons with HE.Then a Soviet counter-attack designed to relieve the village is launched and then the E/F would join the dance and take on the armour.

BTW the Elefant is hopelessly weak in the game.Both armour and gun are not reflective of a heavily armoured vehicle equipped with the best AT gun of the war.I recommend setting the armour strength to 2100 in the tech_cfg folder and setting the penetration value of its gun(KwK43 ) to 1.20 in the common res files.Just my opinion...
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 03:06:55 AM »

To avoid getting side-tracked, I've split the Elephant problem to a different topic,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: