Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 09:07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windowed mod?  (Read 5845 times)
Benirock
Oberleutnant

« on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:51 AM »

Hi,

First of all thank you for making games like Achtung Panzer (both), with a quite real feeling of war (long firing distance, complex ballistic, realistic map...). Hopefully, all is still there in "Operation Star".

I succeed to make it work nicely on my office laptop and its NVS 3100M graphic cards. But like in the first opus i cannot run the game in windowed mod, that it could be interesting to get some more FPS. Of course in option i "enable" run in a window. Is there any known issues?

Otherwise, i do not understand how to use the Transport Plane Support in game, or the Repair Men? This is a novelty.
Other question, is there any ammo limitation during all campaign (not during one mission because it is clearly shown), for off map Artillery (this one you could call with artillery spotter and some group leader)?

Ok, thank you for your consideration. And congratulation again for your work.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »

> I succeed to make it work nicely on my office laptop and its NVS 3100M graphic cards. But like in the first opus i cannot run the game in > windowed mod, that it could be interesting to get some more FPS. Of course in option i "enable" run in a window. Is there any known
> issues?

The game will likely determine the hardware configuration of a very poor and forcibly puts the full-screen mode (by reducing the resolution of 3D buffer relative to the size of the screen) to get enough speed.

Try in the game settings (6.10) set 512 MB of video memory or reduce the resolution on the desktop.

> Otherwise, i do not understand how to use the Transport Plane Support in game, or the Repair Men? This is a novelty.
Move transport plane to the point where you want to organize a warehouse.
Warehouse will send ammunition and fuel (automatically) to all platoons around it.

Repairs operating the same way, automatically repairing equipment in the platoon next to each other (one team can repair an one vehicle).

Priority of repairs and replenishment is set by click on the icon of vehicle or squad in platoons table.

> Other question, is there any ammo limitation during all campaign (not during one mission because it is clearly shown), for off map > > > Artillery (this one you could call with artillery spotter and some group leader)?
Every spotter (commander) brings your own battery and its stock of ammunition.

>Ok, thank you for your consideration. And congratulation again for your work.
thanks Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Benirock
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »

First thank you for your answer, but i need if it possible some further explanations :

The game will likely determine the hardware configuration of a very poor and forcibly puts the full-screen mode (by reducing the resolution of 3D buffer relative to the size of the screen) to get enough speed.Try in the game settings (6.10) set 512 MB of video memory or reduce the resolution on the desktop.

In fact i use the native resolution of my screen (1600*900) for both screen and buffer resolution. That i would expect is to get for exemple a 1280*800 for both in a proportionate window. I tried to set the 512 MB and to reduce the resolution of the desktop but noting work. Is there anyway to force windowed mod, like in a Config.ini file for exemple? I had the same problem with the first opus with a powerfull computer (8800GTX etc...).

I also notice that the game run more smoothly when i push the scroll button on the mouse (for free view), i gain something like 10 FPS in any situation.

Every spotter (commander) brings your own battery and its stock of ammunition.
Do you mean that if an artillery spotter use in single mission all his ammo (often something like 8x16), he cant provide you any artillery support for next missions?

Thank you  Wink
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »

In fact i use the native resolution of my screen (1600*900) for both screen and buffer resolution. That i would expect is to get for exemple a 1280*800 for both in a proportionate window. I tried to set the 512 MB and to reduce the resolution of the desktop but noting work. Is there anyway to force windowed mod, like in a Config.ini file for exemple? I had the same problem with the first opus with a powerfull computer (8800GTX etc...).

And so it forces the windowed mode setting, but something prevents game from it.

Leave a native resolution of (2.01) of the screen (it should light up in yellow color), but the size of the 3D buffer (2.02), put a less, example of 1280x720.

I also notice that the game run more smoothly when i push the scroll button on the mouse (for free view), i gain something like 10 FPS in any situation.

Do not quite understand - when you press the mouse button that leads to a decrease in FPS?

Do you mean that if an artillery spotter use in single mission all his ammo (often something like 8x16), he cant provide you any artillery support for next missions?

Yes. But it can be resupply by depot or supply trucks (throught spotter squad).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: