Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:48:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First impressions  (Read 6023 times)
Danielefc
Oberleutnant

« on: November 04, 2011, 09:01:37 PM »

So had the game for a week now while being sick so had alot(!) of time to play.

The good:
1. Much better arty system!
2. Infantry assaults seem more "alive".
3. Graphics better
4. The original game was so good that the fact it hasn't changed too much is really really important

the bad/improvements that could be made:
1. Air attacks look alot better but achieve nothing... if air attacks where this useless why did anybody use planes in ww2?
2. Dumbing down of the icons in operational phase
3. Halftracks and tanks driving into trees and then being to dumb to reverse one meter and going around it
4. Sometimes the map sizes are simply to big to make any coherent battle possible (just one more company would make a huge difference)
5. No english manual - i still dont understand the new re-inforcement-repair-resupply system. It might be good but for now all my support teams just run out of ammo after 1-2 battles.

My personal conclusion:
Really really good game! The best RTS ive ever played - but still alot of room for improvements Smiley keep up the great job!

EDIT: adding tactical bombstrikes would be cool... you know... smashing up a large area before an attack
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:03:25 PM by Danielefc » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »

the bad/improvements that could be made:
1. Air attacks look alot better but achieve nothing... if air attacks where this useless why did anybody use planes in ww2?
3. Halftracks and tanks driving into trees and then being to dumb to reverse one meter and going around it
4. Sometimes the map sizes are simply to big to make any coherent battle possible (just one more company would make a huge difference)
5. No english manual - i still dont understand the new re-inforcement-repair-resupply system. It might be good but for now all my support teams just run out of ammo after 1-2 battles.
1, 3 will be fixed in next patch.
2 - these icons do not cause rejection from publishers  Grin
5 - Yes, it's a problem, but unfortunately we can not translate the manual yourself. If any problems arise, ask, as I can, I will try to help.

About the supply and repair:

Supple trucks (depots), repairers and recruits supplement platoons located around them automatically at a rate of: 1 part (repair squad / supply squad) for 1 turn resupply one platoon or a repair one vehicle. A player that can really prioritize repair/resupply or block it.
In other words, your task is to move (in the operational phase) supply trucks close to platoon what need ammunition or vice versa. Radius on the operational map shows the operational area of the supply/repairmen.

Really really good game! The best RTS ive ever played - but still alot of room for improvements Smiley keep up the great job!
Thanks!

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:39:09 PM »

Yes, this... Sad It's probably the only minus of new version for me. They could leave "serious" icons at least as an option. It is worrying, it would be really sad to see this great game dumbed by publisher demands.
Chumbaba
Leutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:04:35 PM »

Love that series.

The only weakness i am aware of is the path finding of some armored vehicles. It is sometimes impossible to get them off the woods. So sometimes they're not able to find a path around one single tree, although i can send them back and forth to come out the woods. Too much micro management at that point.

However, i like the new designed UI. It is much more professional than the old one.

Keep up the developing of those games and don't make the mistake to try to "simple" it down for anyone. Perhaps you could make more money at the moment, but you'll go under later on.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »

The only weakness i am aware of is the path finding of some armored vehicles. It is sometimes impossible to get them off the woods. So sometimes they're not able to find a path around one single tree, although i can send them back and forth to come out the woods. Too much micro management at that point.

Driving on the roads. At least prior to the next patch  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Haupman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »

Great, great, great game!!  I love it.  Some smaller urban maps would be a nice addition in my opinion.   Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: